What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith announces retirement from rep footy

Gareth67

First Grade
Hope so but won’t happen at the moment he’s a shadow of his former self. The speed of origin will kill him

I believe that your right blacksafake . I realise that I will not be the first to say this , but the speed of Thurston - Cronk and one or two other stalwarts of the QLD team has indeed slowed . It may only be by a step in the NRL games but as we all know in the SOO that one step can make a huge difference , more so when taking into account the speed that the game is played at .

Drag Queen

Bench
Yes been a very good player for Storm Australia and Qld but as sly as the day is long..Im with OKB cant stand the bloke..problem is we will now see more of him on TV.....he will no doubt be on Fox with the other wankers....Hodges, Parker, Lockyer and the like
You actually get that he can articulate BSE? Not a huge fan but I see a media career come 2019. PS smart play,

Brutalitops

Juniors
I will take an articulate, knowledgeable Cam Smith doing media/commentary over those drooling meatheads like Hodges, Blocker, Parker and Anasta.

I forsee Smith taking on a role similar to Ennis. A player I hated when he was playing, but articulate and intelligent when it comes to his media stuff.

Same goes for Cronk although I have never disliked him

Drag Queen

Bench
I will take an articulate, knowledgeable Cam Smith doing media/commentary over those drooling meatheads like Hodges, Blocker, Parker and Anasta.

I forsee Smith taking on a role similar to Ennis. A player I hated when he was playing, but articulate and intelligent when it comes to his media stuff.

I think he will, and it will be a smart move.

Yep.

ouryears

Bench
Great player but a wanker on the field.
Pitty he hasn't totally left the nrl.
That smell is still around

I reckon he left early because he knows the QLD slide down is on.

And his lip can't roll that many times when he loses.

Judge me on this year's SOO,
I say Blues....and the dirty, sly and big sook knows it. GC

Geeze, we have so much respect for the Australian captain.(not)

Spot on mate, though there is one brownie point for Ennis as well, he did play with us for a while.

He is very good to listen to and I never disliked him as much as Smith.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes-agree that Smith senses that with all three Brisbane teams performing poorly, his mates Thurston and Cronk gone and Slater on the slide due to age and injury, the Maroons are a sinking ship and he doesn't want to be remembered as the captain of the Titanic.

blaza88z

Coach

Cam will be an accountant

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yes-agree that Smith senses that with all three Brisbane teams performing poorly, his mates Thurston and Cronk gone and Slater on the slide due to age and injury, the Maroons are a sinking ship and he doesn't want to be remembered as the captain of the Titanic.
Your last line was classic. lol

kit66

Bench
I can also see them stupid bastard QLD selectors picking Ben Hunt for Hooker in this years Origin series. They'll wear him down tackling in the middle and he'll return back to the Dragons burnt out and busted......brace now and queue the slide!

This is my concern also. Hunt making 30 - 40 tackles a game against big forwards. McCullough hasn't the skill set Hunt has or the kicking game that Qld will need with Smith gone. Just hope he comes back to us in one piece and not too mentally scarred from the Blues winning 3 - 0.

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is my concern also. Hunt making 30 - 40 tackles a game against big forwards. McCullough hasn't the skill set Hunt has or the kicking game that Qld will need with Smith gone. Just hope he comes back to us in one piece and not too mentally scarred from the Blues winning 3 - 0.
The mail is that Qld will pick Hunt at halfback. I don't want him picked at hooker either.

Canard

Immortal

Why the f**k do people want another Brisbane team, when we have 3 already!!

ouryears

Bench
Well it will spread their talent thinner which will be fairer.

They have three teams with a massive playing nursery.

NSW have around 11 teams with not that much more population.

We need another QLD team to get them onto a level playing field with us and stop their advantage.

Not because we love them and want to watch another of their teams.

Though I prefer the Broncos and Cowboys over Melbourne any day.

BennyV

Referee
Well it will spread their talent thinner which will be fairer.

They have three teams with a massive playing nursery.

NSW have around 11 teams with not that much more population.

We need another QLD team to get them onto a level playing field with us and stop their advantage.

Not because we love them and want to watch another of their teams.

Though I prefer the Broncos and Cowboys over Melbourne any day.
Whoosh!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
This whole announcement by Smith some 2 weeks prior to Origin team selection is suspicious IMO. He's a smart operator and I'm sure his post football career is the prime motivation. It wouldn't surprise me if Bellamy leaves the Storm at seasons end and has had a quiet word to Cam about taking over the coaching role. I now expect Smith will retire at the end of 2018 season.
He'll sit out the Origin series and possibly be an to understudy to Bellamy on the job in preparation for the future in 2019. Just my thoughts that it is a career driven decision.

Gareth67

First Grade
This whole announcement by Smith some 2 weeks prior to Origin team selection is suspicious IMO. He's a smart operator and I'm sure his post football career is the prime motivation. It wouldn't surprise me if Bellamy leaves the Storm at seasons end and has had a quiet word to Cam about taking over the coaching role. I now expect Smith will retire at the end of 2018 season.
He'll sit out the Origin series and possibly be an to understudy to Bellamy on the job in preparation for the future in 2019. Just my thoughts that it is a career driven decision.

Geeze mate , talking about giving a man nightmares ! One can only imagine just what he would pump into his players when it comes to ' delaying tactics ' and all round conniving .

Latest posts