What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore

Im+not+your+buddy+guy+_45f70b6ecc8d69f1e5050487b0ed9260.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
Edwards facing sack after misleading Eels over latest off-field drama

The interesting bit:

The Edwards incident is another low point for the Eels, who are sitting at the bottom of the ladder. Parramatta chairman Max Donnelly said the club was doing everything possible to turn the situation around and would consider appointing a head of football. The club had considered potential candidates - including Brian Smith and Phil Moss - when Donnelly was appointed administrator two years ago, but the issue was put on the backburner after a successful 2017 season. Eels CEO Bernie Gurr is currently filling the role, but the topic will be discussed at next week’s board meeting.

“I’m happy to have a head of football, it was not that I consciously decided not to have one, it just worked out that way,” Donnelly said. “A head of football is something that has developed over the last 10 to 15 years. If there is a view to get one, why wouldn’t I? In 2017 everything seemed to work, there wasn’t a pressure to get one. Now we’re losing games, we need to address it. If we need a head of football, we’ll get one.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ed...r-latest-off-field-drama-20180515-p4zfhw.html

Gazzamatta

Coach
My spider senses tell me somethings happening and me thinks BA wont be none too happy. Do I know this for a fact? Na. Not at all.
A new assistant and now a HOFM. I wonder how this will play out. Id suggest BA will be under considerable pressure. Its a normal process. Care and support. Offer all the help possible. But what if all that fails?
This could get dirty.
Bloody spider senses.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My spider senses tell me somethings happening and me thinks BA wont be none too happy. Do I know this for a fact? Na. Not at all.
A new assistant and now a HOFM. I wonder how this will play out. Id suggest BA will be under considerable pressure. Its a normal process. Care and support. Offer all the help possible. But what if all that fails?
This could get dirty.
Bloody spider senses.
If they're getting a bloke to do part of Arthur's current responsibilities wouldn't that mean he's under less pressure, rather than more?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Whats the mess with our juniors? ... i thought things were getting back on track there but we are years behind so will take time for the new batch the come through???

I reckon we'll start seeing junior players come into the top 30 next year, possibly 5 or 6 depending how strong our 1-20 is. We'll see more and more filter through. It makes sense seeing as the Matts that started when BA started will be turning 20 next year.

I reckon we'll start seeing junior players come into the top 30 next year, possibly 5 or 6 depending how strong our 1-20 is. We'll see more and more filter through. It makes sense seeing as the Matts that started when BA started will be turning 20 next year.
I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. Was it his job to select those players, and so he rates them higher than ones others had picked? Or he's just had longer to assess them?

Latest posts