What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Brutalitops

Juniors
Apparently sacked Knights player Dylan Pythian met with Mary about joining the Dragons before June 30

A handy player who can cover the entire backline, particularly centre, and will be on a bottom dollar contract

Dragons 09

Juniors
Apparently sacked Knights player Dylan Pythian met with Mary about joining the Dragons before June 30

A handy player who can cover the entire backline, particularly centre, and will be on a bottom dollar contract

From memory he was caught a couple of times so hope he's learnt his lesson now! I guess our club would be one of the better ones if someone was looking to be rehabilitated though. He showed some promise but had some bad luck with injuries so maybe he had too much time on his hands while recuperating! We'd have to be getting him for nearly nothing as we have some kids ready to take over from Nighty and Mann fills the bench utility role more than adequately so i can only see him being of use in the reggies.

Frank Facer

First Grade
When he does come back it has to be in ISP, most likely for all 2018
Yeah, I know he has to come back in the ISP. I would like to see them play him prop when he comes back. I think that his best chance of forcing his way back into the first grade 17, will be on the bench at prop. I am not saying he will, but that it is his best chance and that would only be in case of an injury this year or if Ah Mau leaves at the end of this year.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yeah, I know he has to come back in the ISP. I would like to see them play him prop when he comes back. I think that his best chance of forcing his way back into the first grade 17, will be on the bench at prop. I am not saying he will, but that it is his best chance and that would only be in case of an injury this year or if Ah Mau leaves at the end of this year.

Frank
He back training has started doing full training and running.
Pickworth said sould be back next week.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I am hoping that we can do better than Pythian with our last remaining spot in our top 30 roster.

It's not as easy as that Frank. You have to recruit from who is available and right now, Phythian is one of the only players available on the open market. I'm sure we'd all love Klemmer, RCG, Tom Johnstone or Rapana but it doesn't work that way.

June 30 is fast approaching, if you wait too long then you put too much pressure on yourself. That's when you have to sign "just anyone".

It's not as easy as that Frank. You have to recruit from who is available and right now, Phythian is one of the only players available on the open market. I'm sure we'd all love Klemmer, RCG, Tom Johnstone or Rapana but it doesn't work that way.

June 30 is fast approaching, if you wait too long then you put too much pressure on yourself. That's when you have to sign "just anyone".

As long as we sign him for this year only, with an option as a carrot. We don't want to be stuck with him past the end of the season if he tuns out to be rubbish. As I'm sure that he will.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Bird back to sharks or would dragons make an offer .
Possibly sharks, maybe they're trying to make cap space they released Hodkinson to Manly, not many teams could afford he's salary at this stage of the year Broncos would need to pay a huge amount of it..

Frank Facer

First Grade
Possibly sharks, maybe they're trying to make cap space they released Hodkinson to Manly, not many teams could afford he's salary at this stage of the year Broncos would need to pay a huge amount of it..
If Bird wants out, then I doubt that Brisbane would contribute to his salary this year to help Cronulla.

Dragons 09

Juniors
If Bird wants out, then I doubt that Brisbane would contribute to his salary this year to help Cronulla.

Agree. If Bird wants out, Bennett would likely banish him to Ipswich to play rather than give him up and contribute a substantial portion of his salary. A swap/trade for a good half back might trigger Bennett's interest but i can't see where that sort of deal would come from.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree. If Bird wants out, Bennett would likely banish him to Ipswich to play rather than give him up and contribute a substantial portion of his salary. A swap/trade for a good half back might trigger Bennett's interest but i can't see where that sort of deal would come from.

Yes there's is no way that old cranky would let him go anywhere except to purgatory . The silly berstard had a damn fine half back , but let him go south of the border .

Gareth67

First Grade
The rot has already started. They are a long way from getting back to the lofty heights of their past.

Agree Life's Good , they have been one of the top teams for a number of decades now , but the sun is setting on them as it does with all teams - even the mighty Saints.

From the comfort of my armchair I can offer my worldly advice to them , that being securing the services of another coach for their next season and get rid of the dead wood ,not that I really care .