What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Logan V Penrith Panthers in U 18's National Final

GongPanther

Referee
Friend of mine mentioned this morning there were 9 members of of the Penrith Panthers 2007 SG Ball who went on to play NRL. That side included Lachlan Coote, Wade Graham and Sam McKendry to name a few. Not all had long NRL careers and some only played a handful of first grades games but just goes to show the impact a really good SG Ball side can have, so look out in a year or two when we start to see a few of our kids pressing for first grade.

The 2006 side also saw the emergence of Michael Jennings and Tim Grant to name a few.

I have these old squad lists from a couple of years ago. There are players that are still with us,what is moreso interesting is how a lot of players don't kick on to the NRL. Maybe a few of them might end up playing for the Sydney Shield and Ron Massey Cup competitions.

2013 PENRITH HAROLD MATTHEWS SQUAD

Dylan Crocker Zackary Campbell

Robbie Graham Pattyloma Aupa’au

Antonio Soni Jayden Murphy-Hinton

Jerome Broadbridge Telenoti Moata’ane

Kyle Banfield Ului Vakauta

Vincennes Fialelei Joe Vaegaau

Reed Izzard Shane Coppins

Navaetangi Soni Samson Kerr

Tevita Mapapalangi Luke Telfer

Nathan Cleary Ray Maroun

Liam Murray Cody Smith

Samuel McKinlay Jonah Metungaro

Carl Winterstein

2013 WESTERN SYDNEY ACADEMY SPORT – PENRITH

Michael Tuavao John Toso

Justice Utatao Berkut Tastan

Samson Maiava Brandon Tobar

Zachary Camilleri Jake Gillett

Samuel Radovu Daniel Riddle

Niko Apelu

2013 PENRITH SG BALL SQUAD

Adam Betkas Robert Jennings

Brent Naden Akeripi Tia-Kilifi

Naya Freeman Logan Geyer

Koudi Aupouri Myles Taueli

Soni Luke Moses Leota

David Cowhan Zane Walford

Jordan Muna Joshua Grant

Oliver Clarke Tyrone Maiava

Matthew Lupi Pat Schiller

Dylan Fuad Jack Nelson

Christian Crichton Tyrone May

Matthew Boss Peter Tiatia

Sione Uti-Katoa Soni Hala

Lachlan Jackson Joshua Jaye

Fairociz Elkander Chris Vaegaau

Penrith Fa’atau Aaron Wright

Cowen Epere Brad Burns

Reece Viemero Ben Hudd

Connor Tilney Greg Lekkas

I can post other years if anyone is interested.

Kilkenny

Coach
I have these old squad lists from a couple of years ago. There are players that are still with us,what is moreso interesting is how a lot of players don't kick on to the NRL. Maybe a few of them might end up playing for the Sydney Shield and Ron Massey Cup competitions.

Over the years, not so much this season, I try and get to watch as many of our SG Ball and Harold Matthews fixtures as possible. Love to fill in a Saturday morning or afternoon watching the junior rep games.

If you had of said to me in 2013 Nathan Cleary would be where he is today when he was coming of the bench as a hooker in Harold Mathews I would have said you are seriously kidding yourself.

At the end of the day, for every one kid that graduates to the NRL there are a hundred or more who don't make it. That's the way it is and the way it will always be. Only the cream of the crop make it to the top and even those that do are likely to play but a handful of games at the top level.

Gus Gould cops a lot of flack on here and everywhere else to for that matter but he has done an amazing job in putting in place proper recruitment strategies to compliment on own junior nursery.

If you look at our current NRL side JFH & CHN were brought in as kids from NZ, Yeo, Ellis and Egan from Regional NSW and Waqa Blake from WA. These are just a few and there are more to come.

I think we are in a real good place at the moment. The foundations have been laid whereby I actually see us as a fixture in the top 8 year in year out and hopefully another premiership in the near future.

OldPanther

Coach

2013 PENRITH HAROLD MATTHEWS SQUAD

Dylan Crocker Zackary Campbell

Robbie Graham Pattyloma Aupa’au

Antonio Soni Jayden Murphy-Hinton

Jerome Broadbridge Telenoti Moata’ane

Kyle Banfield Ului Vakauta

Vincennes Fialelei Joe Vaegaau

Reed Izzard Shane Coppins

Navaetangi Soni Samson Kerr

Tevita Mapapalangi Luke Telfer

Nathan Cleary Ray Maroun

Liam Murray Cody Smith

Samuel McKinlay Jonah Metungaro

Carl Winterstein

Michael Tuavao John Toso

Justice Utatao Berkut Tastan

Samson Maiava Brandon Tobar

Zachary Camilleri Jake Gillett

Samuel Radovu Daniel Riddle

Niko Apelu

2013 PENRITH SG BALL SQUAD

Adam Betkas Robert Jennings

Brent Naden Akeripi Tia-Kilifi

Naya Freeman Logan Geyer

Koudi Aupouri Myles Taueli

Soni Luke Moses Leota

David Cowhan Zane Walford

Jordan Muna Joshua Grant

Oliver Clarke Tyrone Maiava

Matthew Lupi Pat Schiller

Dylan Fuad Jack Nelson

Christian Crichton Tyrone May

Matthew Boss Peter Tiatia

Sione Uti-Katoa Soni Hala

Lachlan Jackson Joshua Jaye

Fairociz Elkander Chris Vaegaau

Penrith Fa’atau Aaron Wright

Cowen Epere Brad Burns

Reece Viemero Ben Hudd

Connor Tilney Greg Lekkas

I can post other years if anyone is interested.

That 2013 SG Ball was stacked.

Latest posts