What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V the Tigers

Clifferd

Coach
Thanks mate. You guys defend like that and you'll make the 8 at worst. Hope so too. Got not hate for our westie cat bros.

Our defence was our only real positive tbh. But yeah, this is our rebuild year and doing better than expected so can’t complain. Tonight proved we are a couple quality players off the top, but I think if we can scrape into the 8 it’ll be a successful season

Penrith the real deal. Got them kicking saints ass next week too, (pls do I’ve got some annoying friends who go for them)

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
God damn Penrith were really impressive v my mob tonight, I gotta say that was the most frustrating match I’ve had to watch this year but that’s credited to your teams suffocating defense.

Cleary + Maloney as NSW halves or Fitler is on meth

Congrats guys and enjoy it
Our two clubs are carrying the image of Western Sydney on our backs. Parra and Dogs are a disgrace.

Have to agree with everyone on here - DWZ, Tamou and Peachey the standouts for mine. Cleary had a very good game back from injury. Kikau also was very threatening and made strong metres.

tripster

Juniors
Katoa’s service makes a huge difference to our go forward. Our forwards just kept going forward relentlessly with him delivering perfect timed ball, with excellent passes, and with his size generally preventing the markers from making the tackle on the forward. He is also very good at directing the attack (even when not being instructed by the halves).

There was an obvious difference once Katoa came off and Egan came on - Egan’s service looked clunky by comparison (although admittedly he hasn’t played anywhere near as many games).

Once Wallace is back, perhaps we should experiment by having Katoa start and Wallace come off the bench later in the game? Perhaps Wallace will be more effective once things have slowed down a bit? Otherwise I struggle to really see a place for Wallace in our first choice team.

franklin2323

Immortal
Katoa’s service makes a huge difference to our go forward. Our forwards just kept going forward relentlessly with him delivering perfect timed ball, with excellent passes, and with his size generally preventing the markers from making the tackle on the forward. He is also very good at directing the attack (even when not being instructed by the halves).

There was an obvious difference once Katoa came off and Egan came on - Egan’s service looked clunky by comparison (although admittedly he hasn’t played anywhere near as many games).

Once Wallace is back, perhaps we should experiment by having Katoa start and Wallace come off the bench later in the game? Perhaps Wallace will be more effective once things have slowed down a bit? Otherwise I struggle to really see a place for Wallace in our first choice team.

You start Wallace or not at all. The bench should be power and speed

betcats

Referee
Dallin is going have a big year, he moves so well at the back it’s hard for kickers to find grass. Also Katoa should be our first choice 9, he is surprising me with how good he is, his role in the lead up to the Crichton bombed try and the final pass, wow.

Calling it now on heathro, he is a future rep player. I haven’t seen him get put on his back yet and defensively he is like another jfh, aggressive and hardworking. Kids a beast.

OldPanther

Coach
So many good things to say about that which everyone here has already said so we are due a mighty YEAH THE BOYS.

After being at the game I realised Tamou's issue is poor lateral movement. Not surprising since he's a big boy. Might have to be aware of it in defence otherwise if he can get consistent he'll help us get that premiership. @franklin2323

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Great win all round. DWZ is a freak at 1.. Tamou played great and Kikau is legit beast.

Credit where credit is due, Griffin deserves every wrap he gets, which is never much at all. We have had the worst injury crisis of any team by far, biggest negative media agenda driven pre-season, we are equal leaders of the comp at the half way point, and we are still down on troops. If this is due to his man management, coaching, or acceptance of putting an ego aside and allowing help from Gus and co -Regardless of what it is, he deserves a massive wrap...

Every player that has come in has stood up and done more than what is expected. We now potentially have 4-5 NSW players on the field, and could be 6 if Mansour was still on deck.

This is a and should be a Premiership favorite team..

Remember Moylan and Cartwright.. nahh me either........

franklin2323

Immortal
So many good things to say about that which everyone here has already said so we are due a mighty YEAH THE BOYS.

After being at the game I realised Tamou's issue is poor lateral movement. Not surprising since he's a big boy. Might have to be aware of it in defence otherwise if he can get consistent he'll help us get that premiership. @franklin2323

other then possibly changing Maloney and Cleary's sides that is our proper defensive line and look so good. Whare back to the right and got ball we looked lethal across the park.

OldPanther

Coach
other then possibly changing Maloney and Cleary's sides that is our proper defensive line and look so good. Whare back to the right and got ball we looked lethal across the park.

Yeah it's looking good. Just something for players around Tamou to be aware of. The more agile players like Katoa will have to help out.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah it's looking good. Just something for players around Tamou to be aware of. The more agile players like Katoa will have to help out.

That is where having the same team a few weeks will help. It is like Maloney when he is back to having Blake outside and Yeo inside every week it will help his defence

hindy111

Post Whore
Dragons might have an edge in the pack.

I think our 1 to 7 shits on theres from great heights. Thats without Blake, Edwards and Mansour too.

Just glad to see a solid 80 minute effort from us. Not pretty the whole way through. But we gave 100% all game and that's the best part of the win.

Big call. Their Halves id give edge to. Centres would be a coin toss and they have superior wingers.Phillips and Crighton are ok but Nightingale and Nene are better players.

snickers007

Juniors
JFH is the biggest form jump this year. Id have him in the top 5 locks in game on form

Yeah Fish is going great.

He's not a metre eater, and he bounces of tackles on occasion. BUT he leads our line speed in the first 30mins, hits very hard, generally goes down hands and knees for fast play the balls, and he has been terrorising kickers, He's also developing a good passing game before the line, which is helping to draw defenders.

He's probably my favorite Panther at the moment.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah Fish is going great.

He's not a metre eater, and he bounces of tackles on occasion. BUT he leads our line speed in the first 30mins, hits very hard, generally goes down hands and knees for fast play the balls, and he has been terrorising kickers, He's also developing a good passing game before the line, which is helping to draw defenders.

He's probably my favorite Panther at the moment.

Fish is over his injury riddled 2017. He is one heck of a good footy player. Does anyonelse think now he's grown his hair and it's curly he looks like Jonah from Summer Heights high. I reckon seperated at birth. :p