What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shit coaching.. FULL STOP!!

I have taken every Tigers win this year as a great result. All the éxperts' said we had the hardest first 6 rounds and yet the team played very well and had some remarkable wins.

Last night we played one of the premiership favourites, big, mobile and talented pack of forwards.
Credit to Penrith, they have turned Penrith Park into a graveyard once again for visiting teams.

As for IC, well the Liddle play was dumb. Surely the 9 should start and if he can't get close to 80 minutes then go to plan B.
IMO, Chee Kam should replace Lawrence,
IMO, Aloiai should start,
IMO, Benji needs a break but gee, I'd rather see 'grub'come back via the reserves.
IMO, Nofa must go now,

glockers

Juniors
It was a frustrating game as we never looked likely, but we didn't lose our effort and were disciplined in defence.

Thompson is good at fullback, but I would ger him on the wing to replace Nofo. He is such a reliable player, which is what we need there to sure up the defence.

Fonua should also come back in the centres.

I think we either promote Heleta to fullback or bring Kevvy back there. He was good for Fiji in that position.

I'd bring Reynolds in at the 6. Have Marshall on the bench to cover both Reynolds and Liddle.

I would also start Twal, Chee Kam and Liddle and put Eisenhuth and Matulino on the bench and drop Rochow. My bench would be Aloai, Eisenhuth, Matulino and Marshall. Taylor would shift out to the edge when needed due to the bench rotation.

Clifferd

Coach
I’d honestly just put lolohea at fullback for the rest of the year and tell him to make it his or he won’t be needed beyond this year. Thompson can go wing

Starting to get sick of nofo. Too rocks and diamonds, needs a serious kick up the ass

I think we either promote Heleta
The forgotten fullback, he's been moved to wing in the ISP to cater for Tui at fullback though. I wonder what IC is thinking regards to the pecking order of fullbacks.
New
I’d honestly just put lolohea at fullback for the rest of the year
And there's this as well.
If Kev N is released to St Helens sooner rather than later that means I'd assume Fonua in or is Kelly from Manly coming soon?
Nofa must go but does he come into the mix as a fullback?

Clifferd

Coach
The forgotten fullback, he's been moved to wing in the ISP to cater for Tui at fullback though. I wonder what IC is thinking regards to the pecking order of fullbacks.
New
And there's this as well.
If Kev N is released to St Helens sooner rather than later that means I'd assume Fonua in or is Kelly from Manly coming soon?
Nofa must go but does he come into the mix as a fullback?

I’m hearing Rona is as good as a done deal coming here next week, not sure if Ivan would use him as a fullback or wing option?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Chee Kam struggled in the centres last night defensively. I lost count how many times he was beaten. Though with Kev a late scratching we were limited to our options in that regard.

My take was that we were too slow last night. Everything that Penrith did was at speed. Their players pushed up fast in attack and defence where our guys were happy to sit and wait. Even when Brooks took on the line there weren’t any support players pushing up hence he was going one out. But that is only one example.

I think Eisenhuth is lazy, he is one who probably needs a stint in reserves especially with McQueen now ready for firsts and we really need another quality forward to help Packer and Matulino. Once these two guys come off the field it tends to fall apart a bit. Twal is young and learning but I don’t know about Sue. To me he really hasn’t come on in the way he should have by now.

glockers

Juniors
Matulino used to come off the bench for the Warriors. He always seemed to be better doing so. I tend to think this would help us.

So then it is a matter of who do you start Twal? Aloai? Grant? Sue? Felise?

Clifferd

Coach
It looks like with Kev going to St. Helens that Barba will b back at sharks & Holmes will b coming to concord to b our fullback & goalkicker.

I’d take barba or Holmes. I don’t reckon Cronulla will take back barba, and at the same I don’t think they wanna release Holmes

superpanther

Juniors
Partly agree but think you’re going a bit far. The Liddle tactic backfired massively. All he problems started from ETs terrible service.

Penrith scored 2 tries. 1 off a kick and another after Benjis fcking geniused 5th play option on halfway.

The game was stop start and had no flow at all. Penrith are a top 4 side who’ve been in the finals for the last 2 years, they’ll go close to winning the comp. Their rebuild is about 5 years ahead of ours.

We are still in our first year and are way ahead of where we thought we’d be.

reminds me of our team when cleary took over!!! I was really impressed how you guys didn't fold. If that game was played last year you guys would've got flogged!!!!

bjm8

Juniors
Chee Kam struggled in the centres last night defensively. I lost count how many times he was beaten.

The thing that did my head in was that he was missing tackles where they were running straight at him. I understand him getting skinned on a backline play but I can't see how you can forget basic technique just because you are standing on a different part of the field.

Their strong forward pack really exposed the weaknesses in ours, particularly Rochow. Him getting driven back a few metres every hit up, coupled by a slow play the ball and their rushing defence just gave no one anytime to move and all of a sudden its the sixth tackle and we've gone 20 metres (if by some miracle we hadn't dropped the ball by then), and Brooks or Benji are putting a rushed kick from inside the 40 straight down someones throat.

Tiger05

First Grade
We had hardly any. Our forwards were making 25-30 metres max each set, getting hustled and bustled by Penriths pack. Benji is awful atm but you ain’t getting many opportunities when your forward pack is getting man handled. Added to that the penalties we got were close to Penriths line and their rush defense is amazing.

That team we played tonight is the bench mark and they only put 2 tries on us, just take a positive out of that

I can't blame our halves because they had nothing at all to work with.

BuffaloRules

Coach
We need some pace...

I have been saying this all year.. we must have the slowest backs in the comp unfortunately...

I would be desperate enough to have Barba this year but think that he comes with some risk of off field dramas...

Clifferd

Coach
meh he sniffed some of Columbia’s finest magic in the off season. Hardly the crime of the century. WHo gives a f**k

Clifferd

Coach
Lol nah dui and during the season are obviously no-gos, but if he wasn’t hurting anyone then I doubt he’d bring off-field dramas like most people think. Bloke would be hungry for nrl again too