What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

kdalymc

Bench
The sublimation isn't as good. It's not the same factory.
Mine are spot on,

Re sizing, yep perfect

Thing is too, some logos are subbed (different shops) and some embroidered.
I just tell me mates the subbed ones are players jerseys hehehe

Zerô

Juniors
I know a bloke that bought a rip off Nsw jersey, and unfortunately for him the design they used was from when VB was holding the comp to have your name in the VB logo.

So he's got a very nice ripoff, but with some random name on the jersey.

I told him to try and flog it off as match worn

Some are counterfeit, but gotta be same factory.
I’ve been told they are basically “unlicensed”.
We know they cost $10 to make, to be officially licenced when they cross our border costs around $100.
We are simply getting in before the middle man :)

I got a Raiders one off DH Gate to see what the quality is like. From a distance they look OK but up close there's a huge difference between an authentic and a $20 rip off, so they're definitely not from the same factory.

I don't mind if people buy them for $20/30 from China because you know that it's not authentic but my beef is people who get them from China then flog them off on eBay/Gumtree as authentic for $60/80, guess if people are gullible the more fool them.

Not sure if it's an issue for the NRL but the fakes must hitting their sales to a degree, see a lot of them around the grounds these days, can tell as the material looks cheaper and isn't as shiny as the authentics.

hrundi99

First Grade
I got a Raiders one off DH Gate to see what the quality is like. From a distance they look OK but up close there's a huge difference between an authentic and a $20 rip off, so they're definitely not from the same factory.

I don't mind if people buy them for $20/30 from China because you know that it's not authentic but my beef is people who get them from China then flog them off on eBay/Gumtree as authentic for $60/80, guess if people are gullible the more fool them.

Not sure if it's an issue for the NRL but the fakes must hitting their sales to a degree, see a lot of them around the grounds these days, can tell as the material looks cheaper and isn't as shiny as the authentics.

It's dodgy as and neither the league nor the clubs are making any coin on it. A crime's a crime's a crime.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I get why people buy fakes, especially when the genuine article is so overpriced and all, but though the fakes might not have a big effect on the NRL or NRL clubs I imagine that if the popularity of knockoffs continues to grow as it seems to be that they'd have a measurable impact on the Samoan RL or whoever when they are selling theirs.

It's just like music, illegal downloads of music doesn't really hurt the big acts, in the grand scheme of things they'll be fine, it's the little acts, the up and comers and the niche markets that it hurts, and you know if you want somebody to keep doing something then you've got to make it worth their while cause otherwise they'll be forced to do something else to keep food on the table.

As an aside maybe the NRL will see that they are losing sales to knockoffs and will adjust their prices to compete, cause I'm pretty sure that even if the official product was say $50-60 instead of the $180 or whatever it is now that there would be a lot of people who would shell out the extra for the authentic jersey instead of getting a knockoff like they currently do, and the NRL must be making an enormous profit off the jerseys cause seriously how much can it cost to make a supporters jersey? At a stretch maybe $10 a jersey, they'll probably lose more profit from the fakes in the long run then from reducing the prices to a more reasonable price anyway.

Gnidir

Juniors
I get why people buy fakes, especially when the genuine article is so overpriced and all, but though the fakes might not have a big effect on the NRL or NRL clubs I imagine that if the popularity of knockoffs continues to grow as it seems to be that they'd have a measurable impact on the Samoan RL or whoever when they are selling theirs.

It's just like music, illegal downloads of music doesn't really hurt the big acts, in the grand scheme of things they'll be fine, it's the little acts, the up and comers and the niche markets that it hurts, and you know if you want somebody to keep doing something then you've got to make it worth their while cause otherwise they'll be forced to do something else to keep food on the table.

As an aside maybe the NRL will see that they are losing sales to knockoffs and will adjust their prices to compete, cause I'm pretty sure that even if the official product was say $50-60 instead of the $180 or whatever it is now that there would be a lot of people who would shell out the extra for the authentic jersey instead of getting a knockoff like they currently do, and the NRL must be making an enormous profit off the jerseys cause seriously how much can it cost to make a supporters jersey? At a stretch maybe $10 a jersey, they'll probably lose more profit from the fakes in the long run then from reducing the prices to a more reasonable price anyway.

This is a really good point I think. The smaller nations are actually getting a rough deal by suppliers anyway, with many charging silly money for template designs.

A bit off topic, but you can buy replicas of the Jamaican competition and all the money is donated back to them, its at www.1908.store

With modern day supply, its pretty to go direct to source, its just that developing nations don't have people to set stuff like this up.

With the Nrl jerseys being priced as they are, I think there is an opportunity for fans to spend their money in a place where it might do some real benefit. Ive bought one of each

kdalymc

Bench
This is a really good point I think. The smaller nations are actually getting a rough deal by suppliers anyway, with many charging silly money for template designs.

A bit off topic, but you can buy replicas of the Jamaican competition and all the money is donated back to them, its at www.1908.store

With modern day supply, its pretty to go direct to source, its just that developing nations don't have people to set stuff like this up.

With the Nrl jerseys being priced as they are, I think there is an opportunity for fans to spend their money in a place where it might do some real benefit. Ive bought one of each

Hell yeah.
I support Broncos Queensland and Australia and I refuse to purchase these from Rebel sport when I can buy them for $25 delivered.
However yes I strive to purchase small nations merchandise directly from the closest source to them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBF this hasnt been tested at NRL level.

Plenty of examples of them changing logo colour to better match the kit at range of levels and events/clubs

RL
ST Helens
32.jpg

Football
Hull City
images

Motherwell

Motherwell-14-15-Away-Kit+(1).jpg

Darts (ok I threw this one in to brighten your day :) )

443881_minehead671.jpg

sydney-darts-masters-live-stream-this-august-201308040004

kdalymc

Bench
Anyone got any mock ups/ ideas for green and gold Aussie style jersey. I gotta put a charity game on around Xmas for a team that used to use Kangaroos design.

kdalymc

Bench
Spew at that jersey...
And I full thought someone mistakenly posted here instead of the other thread, like it was something from the 80s...