What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
Sorry to intrude on your forum guys. Whats this Crichton kid like? I don't know much about him.

I think he's a good pick up. Has really come along the last season & if he continues on that same upward curve, he could be some player in a few years. Some people seem to be a bit overly critical of him because he had a stinker a few games ago but other then that, he's done very well for his first couple of months of NRL.

Everyone says it but he's very much like a junior Mansour. Not just physically (same body type) but in his strengths & weaknesses as well & he's also similar in development to where Mansour was at the age.

Good signing.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like DWZ at fullback. I do not see Edwards as far superior. DWZ runs harder and looking better each week there.
Edwards breaks more tackles and backs up a little better. But the quality isnt miles apart.

I like DWZ at fullback. I do not see Edwards as far superior. DWZ runs harder and looking better each week there.
Edwards breaks more tackles and backs up a little better. But the quality isnt miles apart.

With Edwards injury, and current form being shown as the replacement fullback, I think DWZ is a must-keep.

Edwards should definitely stay at FB, with DWZ to go to either wing or centre. At least we now know that we have a handy substitute for Fullback who is more than capable.

age.s

First Grade
I don't think anyone wants M'bye.

I don't know about that. He's gone much better at fullback than I expected and he's still got a ton more development to do in the position. Off the top of my head I reckon he'd be an upgrade for at least 4 or 5 clubs.

franklin2323

Immortal
Did he? If we are thinking of the same podcast, I thought Gus expressed the issue about Sam as one that was up in the air (so it wasn’t definitive that he was retiring).

We can't make him retire. We can pay him extra this year so he is on the cap for less next year after advising to retire

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
For those interested in the Bulldogs situation.
Doganator posted this on the Zerotackle.com.au

https://www.zerotackle.com/bulldogs-sign-penrith-winger-33194/

"At a media briefing before their fan forum on Thursday night, the Bulldogs revealed they:

•Were salary cap compliant for 2018;
•Had 7-10 players on back-ended deals throughout 2019 and 2020;
•Had half a dozen players with ratchet clauses;
•Had 25 of 30 spots filled for next season with more than $500,000 to spend;
•Were not actively shopping players around but would be open to discussions;
•Were paying for five players at other clubs.
The Bulldogs will be letting three international players go at the end of the year – Greg Eastwood, Brett and Josh Morris – but that won’t be the end of the pain.

Hill rejected speculation that the club was way over its cap for 2018 and would have to shed players."

No idea what a ratchet clause is.
So many players on back-ended deals and players paying for players at other clubs. Just madness.
Tough times ahead for Bulldog supporters.

Did he? If we are thinking of the same podcast, I thought Gus expressed the issue about Sam as one that was up in the air (so it wasn’t definitive that he was retiring).

Sorry, I must admit I didn’t hear it first hand. But I’m sure some people posted that in here.

OldPanther

Coach
For those interested in the Bulldogs situation.
Doganator posted this on the nospam21.com.au

https://www.nospam21.com/bulldogs-sign-penrith-winger-33194/

"At a media briefing before their fan forum on Thursday night, the Bulldogs revealed they:

•Were salary cap compliant for 2018;
•Had 7-10 players on back-ended deals throughout 2019 and 2020;
•Had half a dozen players with ratchet clauses;
•Had 25 of 30 spots filled for next season with more than $500,000 to spend;
•Were not actively shopping players around but would be open to discussions;
•Were paying for five players at other clubs.
The Bulldogs will be letting three international players go at the end of the year – Greg Eastwood, Brett and Josh Morris – but that won’t be the end of the pain.

Hill rejected speculation that the club was way over its cap for 2018 and would have to shed players."

No idea what a ratchet clause is.
So many players on back-ended deals and players paying for players at other clubs. Just madness.
Tough times ahead for Bulldog supporters.

Sounds bad for the club. They've taken the Knights spot from the last few years.

Would also like to know what a ratchet clause is.

BxTom

Bench
Sounds bad for the club. They've taken the Knights spot from the last few years.

Would also like to know what a ratchet clause is.
Nobody knows this story, but James rings me up and says, ‘Josh is important to this club, I know in my contract next year with the new salary cap there’s a ratchet clause in there, and for those people who don’t know what a ‘ratchet clause’ is, you get a percentage of increase in your contract if the salary cap goes up at any stage.

https://outline.com/pZxLF3

Tom.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I think Gus said something to the affect that discussions would need to take place. With this being Sam's ACL last two in same knee I think. I'd like to be sure of winning the lottery and Sam not playing for us again. Whether this mean retirement or moving on who knows.

In the same breath what club would take on a bloke whose played 40 minutes of footy in 3 years. I don't know any.

OldPanther

Coach
Nobody knows this story, but James rings me up and says, ‘Josh is important to this club, I know in my contract next year with the new salary cap there’s a ratchet clause in there, and for those people who don’t know what a ‘ratchet clause’ is, you get a percentage of increase in your contract if the salary cap goes up at any stage.

https://outline.com/pZxLF3

Tom.

Thank you very much.

Abacus

Juniors
Re the rumour of DWZ being told to look around, Gus advised Mansour the same. Bring your best offer back and see if the club can match it (or at least be competitive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts