What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Correct call. If the send off wasn't extinct, he would've gone. I would have exactly the same opinion as a third party. I hope the grub misses Origin.

The big question is, if he goes to the bin because it’s a reportable offence, does every player on report now go to the bin?

If so we’ll see it regularly now, surely. If not they have created an extra level of punishment of foul play above on report that has not previously existed. Either way, it sets a precedent.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Only Dylan Napa or Sam Burgess would go for that. But it was Napa, and wasn't Burgess, so correct decision :cool:

Sam probably would have been okay if it was him being tackled. Napa would have been knocked out by Sam’s elbow and I would have no objection to it either in self defence.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Start calling this stuff when my team are playing and I’ll be happy

Deadset I can’t remember Napa ever doing anything both legal and useful on a footy field, but he’s certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons with entire games of concerted unchecked heading and shouldering

Saxon

Bench
Brave call by the refs.
You just know that Gould and the other untouchables at Nine will scream and cry about the decision and demand that there be an 'inquiry'.

(Personally, I thought it was similar to the Villasanti shot on Freddy - if it wasn't deliberate, it was at least reckless)

myrrh ken

First Grade
Brave call by the refs.
You just know that Gould and the other untouchables at Nine will scream and cry about the decision and demand that there be an 'inquiry'.

(Personally, I thought it was similar to the Villasanti shot on Freddy - if it wasn't deliberate, it was at least reckless)

I immediately thought vilisanti on webcke

Life's Good

Coach
this...he made contact with the head,penalty,on report...no f**king sinbin though.
Agree. I think its 2 things
1)is the reckless/careless/intentional part which is a penalty because of the contact with the head. I get that & have no issue
2)sin binning that clash sets a precedent. Are they now going to do that as standard? The sin bin will increase by plenty if they do.

Apey

Staff member
I thought it okay live but on replay it looked pretty reckless and dangerous to me. Don't need intent for it to be dangerous.

2010Dragons

Bench
Napa has a reputation of being a dirty player hence why he was put on report on suspicion by referee Sutton.
If I was referee this game he would have been sent off.
The dirty thug always looks to deliberately hurt other players.

Latest posts