What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The Muppet still hasn't realized its a 17 man game. What he did with Lomax today and Robson last week was a disgrace

De Belin playing with the hip flexor problem which noticeably inconvenienced him last week is a tacit admission from Mary that he has no confidence in his ISP roster at least at this point of time. Last time I looked, the ISP SGI forward pack had ben turned upside down. Lawrie was playing at No 13 and Sele at prop. it seemed to me that Mary was trying to turn Lawrie into a new Trent Merrin but will he have the time to get fit?.

My crystal ball is forecasting some defeats in the weeks ahead and a return to our natural place on the ladder - on the broken rung!!.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
After 279 pages of posts on this thread I think the moment of truth for McGregor is now. He has had the the team in this strong position before and came up short. If he has grown at all, which sadly I doubt, then he will know now how to navigate the team successfully over the coming 8 weeks and have them positioned to challenge strongly in the finals.

Who out there have seen real signs so far that he can do it? What are those signs?

Gareth67

First Grade
After 279 pages of posts on this thread I think the moment of truth for McGregor is now. He has had the the team in this strong position before and came up short. If he has grown at all, which sadly I doubt, then he will know now how to navigate the team successfully over the coming 8 weeks and have them positioned to challenge strongly in the finals.

Who out there have seen real signs so far that he can do it? What are those signs?

Agree Lovemedragons , the ' brain ' of the NRL has already covered all contingencies by ensuring that the Dragons up & comers , who have each played between 5 & 10 minutes per game , will be pivotal when any such emergency as SOO or injuries come along .

We have have nothing to worry about gents - as the Dragons will undoubtedly continue their relentless march onwards towards premiership glory thanks to the ' maestro's ' forward thinking .

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Agree Lovemedragons , the ' brain ' of the NRL has already covered all contingencies by ensuring that the Dragons up & comers , who have each played between 5 & 10 minutes per game , will be pivotal when any such emergency as SOO or injuries come along .

We have have nothing to worry about gents - as the Dragons will undoubtedly continue their relentless march onwards towards premiership glory thanks to the ' maestro's ' forward thinking .
you call it forward thinking.I call it stupidity,but what can you expect for supercoach.........

Bench
McIdiot is failing in the use of the bench. Bench players are not given enough time on the field. He has stated that these players have exposure to the first grade. That is crap.

There is room for improvement especially on Nightingale’s wing. We need someone there with speed.
Nighty is a hero but a tuff decision needs to be made now. Just look at the scoring record of other teams who have good wingers.
To pick JDB last week was so wrong. He played injured.
To leave Hunt on was another mistake it was obvious he could not play due to that cork

ouryears

Bench
When he wins the Daly M coach of the year after winning the comp this year all will be forgiven and the sack mary thread will cease.
Except for the diehards who will still say that one premiership doesn't make up for the previous years of failure.
Ha, until he uses the bench properly and picks 3 forwards on the bench at all times, yes, the sack is hanging by a weeny teeny thread above his head.

McSkull might still have to go!

Jury is still out buddy

Gareth67

First Grade
Mary has done a good job as far as getting the team to our current position on the ladder , however in saying that one must take into account the excellent injury-free run that the Dragons have had . His use of the bench has been bluudy shocking and that is where the real stumbling block is , he must inject these younger players in for longer periods , more so should the game already be safe .

Also of the last few years the boys have shot out of the starting blocks like they have just digested a jar of Vegemite . The easy days are all but finished and the hard times are about to begin , as we knew they would .

Likewise the SOO will leave some very large gaps to fill in the team , this will be the true acid test for the man as a coach , it will show just how far he has progressed since the last few ' annus orribilous ' seasons .

Last edited:

rednwhites

Juniors
May sound fickle but if we don't put in a dominant display and beat Raiders convincingly I will be well and truly back on the sack Mary bandwagon. Too long the mediocre outfit. The rest of the field is coming to get us and if he doesn't have the team firing it will be a slow and steady fall down the ladder.

Bench
Two things are obvious. The bench and the use of the bench players was and still is his big weakness.
It is also obvious that Nightingale, a champion needs to be replaced. It would be a hard decision but it’s time

Latest posts