What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

AJB1102

First Grade
If some idiot is paying for fox and switches to ch9 to watch the odd game they're beyond help. You could put 3 Blocker Roachs in the commentary box and I'd still pick fox for the no ads during play, let alone HD and ability to pause/rewind. Watching FNF on ch9 might be a habit but forking out for fox sports should fix that.

unforgiven

Bench
what's the purpose of the timeslot? probably television right?

any time slot which doesn't provide ease of attendance is simply a shit time.
The 6pm timeslot is to ensure that people are watching the 7.30 game on fox instead of ch9. The idea behind it is that if people are already watching the game on fox they won't change back to 9.

unforgiven

Bench
If some idiot is paying for fox and switches to ch9 to watch the odd game they're beyond help. You could put 3 Blocker Roachs in the commentary box and I'd still pick fox for the no ads during play, let alone HD and ability to pause/rewind. Watching FNF on ch9 might be a habit but forking out for fox sports should fix that.

I am not saying I agree with it, but that is clearly the strategy fox is employing with the 6pm game. Strangely enough there are people who like Ray Warrens commentary, I am not one of them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 6pm timeslot is to ensure that people are watching the 7.30 game on fox instead of ch9. The idea behind it is that if people are already watching the game on fox they won't change back to 9.

Yeh that’s the theory but I can’t imagine anyone with Fox choosing nine and the tv audiences don’t really seem to point to any difference. Nrl screwed the fans for money which is ok but you do wonder the long term impacts of less people going to games and if it will lead to less interst in the game generally.

mozza91

Coach
Anyway guys lets get back in topic. Was just listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston. Dank tune.

Last edited: