What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

Valheru

Coach
Whether Sims steps him or not makes no difference. You can't as a tackler make contact with an attackers head accident or not. To those calling it a head clash it appears that Napa was intent on jamming his head into Sims melon and probably should have been sent off.

Opacic tackled Fergo head first. Should have been sent?

Saxon

Bench
Opacic had a poor technique. Hit fergo head first in the knee and could well have blown the knee out. Not even a penalty.
I didn't see multiple takes of the impact so can't really comment on the tackle itself. However, at least Bennett didn't try and defend Opacic by blaming Fergo for the contact.

Canard

Immortal
Whether Sims steps him or not makes no difference. You can't as a tackler make contact with an attackers head accident or not. To those calling it a head clash it appears that Napa was intent on jamming his head into Sims melon and probably should have been sent off.

When's the last sin bin or send off for a high shot?

1988?

Valheru

Coach
I didn't see multiple takes of the impact so can't really comment on the tackle itself. However, at least Bennett didn't try and defend Opacic by blaming Fergo for the contact.

I don't recall Bennett being asked to comment?

Robbo was asked the question 15 minutes after the game. I am sure he will revise his position.

A penalty is the consistent result as they have made it clear the onus is on the tackler to not contact the head even if by accident. The sin binning is woefully inconsistent which is the crux of the issue.

Saxon

Bench
I don't recall Bennett being asked to comment?

Robbo was asked the question 15 minutes after the game. I am sure he will revise his position.

A penalty is the consistent result as they have made it clear the onus is on the tackler to not contact the head even if by accident. The sin binning is woefully inconsistent which is the crux of the issue.

No, the issue as far as I'm concerned is Robbo saying there was nothing wrong with it and it should have been a scrum feed to the Roosters. He had every right to question the sin bin, but he clearly said that the decision to penalise was wrong - that's where the f*ckwittery of his statement comes in.

Valheru

Coach
No, the issue as far as I'm concerned is Robbo saying there was nothing wrong with it and it should have been a scrum feed to the Roosters. He had every right to question the sin bin, but he clearly said that the decision to penalise was wrong - that's where the f*ckwittery of his statement comes in.

Yeah my bad. What a coach said in a presser is the real issue here, not the inconsistency of the officiating.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Getting up being a c**k about the fact that he hurt Sims probably didn’t didn’t help his cause.

Agreed

Still given Korbin’s 4 runs for 28 metres last week you’d think being knocked out by Napa and the chooks being down to 12 players is the best thing Korbin has done to help the broncos win in weeks

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Napa might want to open his eyes when attempting tackles.

Not a sin bin but absolutely reckless.

But as we know, because their legion of about 12 fans keep telling us, the refs have got it in for the roosters.

Zerô

Juniors
I'm lost to how Napa walked away from that unscathed.

There is no part of the head you can hit with that hard without rattling your brain or busting open your skin.

Not even Nate Myles could do it. If he could reach it, he'd take his hat off to him

Maximus

Coach
So let me get this right, just in the past 12 months we've had players get done for grade 2 and 3 shoulder charges, grade 2 reckless high tackles, and a reckless high tackle so bad it was referred straight to the judiciary without charge and yet not one of those players was sin binned (nor sent off). The tackle itself you can argue about intent or not but it's the use of the sin bin in this manner which absolutely makes no sense to me and has not been used in this way for well over a decade.

Ah isn't that because previously a player couldn't be sin binned for foul play, whereas now they can be.

In 2013 we saw the ball kicked dead a lot and nobody got 7 tackles, yet in 2014 they did. It makes absolutely no sense apparently.

So any head clash when making a tackle and it’s a send off

I look forward to the refs continuing this interpretation for the remainder of the season

No. I don't see accidental anywhere in there. If you are going to look down and lead with your head, you are going to have problems though.

Pommy

Coach
I think Napa was hyped to be something he isn’t and now he has been found out and is just resorting to playing dirty to try and compensate.

Latest posts