What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R11 Fri - Broncos 28-22 Roosters @ Suncorp

Round 11: Broncos v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unscrupulous

Bench
"Lead with the head" lmfao

He clearly goes for a left shoulder hit but Sims moves to the side, thus collecting Napa's head and not his shoulder. Seriously, just stop..

Valheru

Coach
So what, it was reckless and it put a bloke out of the match (and probably next week), you cannot lead with your head. Tackle around his stomach and this doesn't happen. Napa has got away with a few already this season with borderline shoulder charges. Him moving just moves it from a send off to a report and a sin bin, it is a mitigating circumstance that's it.

I will say it again. Your left centre lead with the head

aqua_duck

Coach
Aside from the Napa incident I absolutely cannot fathom the roosters game plan. Latrell Mitchell was absolutely carving James Roberts to bits in the first half, you'd think if it ain't broke why fix it yet in the second half Mitchell did not receive the ball once in a position where he could attack Roberts, I mean Mitch Aubusson gets more clean ball than Mitchell, it's absolute insanity. I mean in my opinion half the reason James Roberts scores that try is because he didn't have to make a single tackle in the second half and so was completely fresh.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I think Mitchell would’ve been pretty embarrassed after that considering the Broncos went on to win.
Roberts gave him absolute bath in the second half.
One of the best individual trys in a long time.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Mitchell would’ve been pretty embarrassed after that considering the Broncos went on to win.
Roberts gave him absolute bath in the second half.
One of the best individual trys in a long time.
As I said part of the reason he scores that try is because the roosters didn't throw anything at him at all in the second half (don't think he made a single tackle) which meant that in the 72nd minute the fastest bloke on the field was also the freshest. I honestly think it's borderline criminal the way Robinson misuses Latrell Mitchell

Spot On

Coach
Aside from the Napa incident I absolutely cannot fathom the roosters game plan. Latrell Mitchell was absolutely carving James Roberts to bits in the first half, you'd think if it ain't broke why fix it yet in the second half Mitchell did not receive the ball once in a position where he could attack Roberts, I mean Mitch Aubusson gets more clean ball than Mitchell, it's absolute insanity. I mean in my opinion half the reason James Roberts scores that try is because he didn't have to make a single tackle in the second half and so was completely fresh.

Very true.

They are near clueless at times in attack. They'd be farked if it wasn't for Keary and Mitchell cause there aint much else happening for them except throwing it to Teddy and hoping.

David brown

Juniors
Look what happens when I get a life for the night and leave my house... Brisbane win another fluke win im guessing... merkins

martielang

Bench
I’d agree with you if we were taking about shoulder contact. I actually blew up live at Napa for giving away a penalty for what I thought was a shoulder charge. There was nothing wrong with it at all. Not even a penalty. Joke. You would have to be a deadset maniac to even think about flying in with the head like that intentionally.

Does it have to be intentional though? I don’t think he intentionally tried to nail him with his head only, but I do think he was clearly trying to hit the bloke into the next suburb with a combination of everything. He was trying to clean the bloke up.

The responsibility is on the tackler in a situation like that. It was not a normal tackle or a normal head clash, he raced out of the line & launched at the bloke. 100% reckless. It was an accident but an accident that would of been avoided if Napa showed some sort of technique.

Roosters got stitched up by Sutton.

Disgraceful refereeing and judging by the Broncos near perfect results with Sutton as ref you have to now wonder how long before Clubs ask that he does not referee games between their respective Clubs and Brisbane.

I mean even if Napa had deliberately hit with his head ( which I do not believe) I have seen someone go to the sin bin for something on report.

David brown

Juniors
Roosters got stitched up by Sutton.

Disgraceful refereeing and judging by the Broncos near perfect results with Sutton as ref you have to now wonder how long before Clubs ask that he does not referee games between their respective Clubs and Brisbane.

I mean even if Napa had deliberately hit with his head ( which I do not believe) I have seen someone go to the sin bin for something on report.
Get used to it... The NRL is gonna do their best to get Brisbane into the finals...

Latest posts