What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should have been a scrum with Napa off for a HIA. The talk of deliberately leading with your head in that fashion is so ridiculously out of sync with reality that funnily enough it's making my head hurt. Not even Napa is dumb enough to try something that dangerous to himself. Basically the Rugby League equivalent of a Kamikaze or suicide bomber.

Deliberate or not it was reckless and hit him high. No problem with a binning for it. Re smith it would have been better to bin him for reckless as well and no ban. Better it gets sorted in the game than next weeks oponent benefitting.

Unscrupulous

Bench
Deliberate or not it was reckless and hit him high. No problem with a binning for it. Re smith it would have been better to bin him for reckless as well and no ban. Better it gets sorted in the game than next weeks oponent benefitting.
So all headclashes are now sin binnable offences yeah? You sure you wanna go all in with that one?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So all headclashes are now sin binnable offences yeah? You sure you wanna go all in with that one?

No and if you can’t see the difference between a normal headclash in a standard tackle and what Napa did then there is no reasoning with you. He led with his head, doubt it was deliberate as you’d be crazy to do it but the way he flew into the tackle meant it was reckless and always at risk of ending badly. Good call by the ref for a change.

Barkley

Bench
No and if you can’t see the difference between a normal headclash in a standard tackle and what Napa did then there is no reasoning with you. He led with his head, doubt it was deliberate as you’d be crazy to do it but the way he flew into the tackle meant it was reckless and always at risk of ending badly. Good call by the ref for a change.
And yet he has no case to answer.

blaza88z

Coach

This

The idiots coming in say "oh well now every headclash must be a sin bin", not every head clash involves a bloke leading with his head, no that probably wasn't his intention but that's what happened

Perth Red

Post Whore
And yet he has no case to answer.

Which is good, as I said I’d much rather see players binned and no ban than stupid one match bans for reckless tackles. Having said that I do think he was very lucky not to get a week off when you look at the history of how reckless tackles have been dealt with in the past.

Generalzod

Immortal
This

The idiots coming in say "oh well now every headclash must be a sin bin", not every head clash involves a bloke leading with his head, no that probably wasn't his intention but that's what happened
Exactly this was no normal head clash

Unscrupulous

Bench
Leading with the head lmao. You cannot be serious.

He's come in to hit him with his left shoulder you f**king peanut. How can you not see or understand that? Sims has moved last second and their heads clashed.

Perth Red

Post Whore

He's come in to hit him with his left shoulder you f**king peanut. How can you not see or understand that? Sims has moved last second and their heads clashed.

Can you see the photo above your name? Tell me which part of the body is leading?

blaza88z

Coach

I have little care for what he came in to do, what he actually did was lead with his head and your avatar depicts it perfectly

Bazal

Post Whore
10 pages too late, but honestly if he knocks himself out the Broncos merkins hip it's no issue and the words "leading with the head" are only mentioned to have a dig at his shit tackling technique

Poor head position, poor technique, probably a penalty for contact with the head.

Unscrupulous

Bench
Where would you like his head to go lmfao? I can't believe I'm actually asking this. You're essentially saying that because his head was "leading" that it was intentional. OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE A STANDARD HEAD CLASH

I'll get the word out to Dylan that he needs to start withdrawing his head back into his neck like a turtle

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where would you like his head to go lmfao? I can't believe I'm actually asking this. You're essentially saying that because his head was "leading" that it was intentional. OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE A STANDARD HEAD CLASH

No we are saying it was reckless, if it was intentional it should have been a red card. In no way shape or form is Napas technique in that tackle normal hence why it was classed reckless and he was quite rightfully sinbinned for it. You seem very much in the minority in thinking it was purely accidental and no case to answer. Like cam smith’s leg pull, you see a leg grab in every game but what he did was take it to the next level which was reckless, he should have been binned as well. Very happy to see the refs use the bin in this way.

Re where should his head be, it’s more where his arms and body position should be. Tell you what hold your arms out right and push them Back 5degrees, bend at the waist and run at the wall, tell me which part of you hits the wall first. Yep leading with the head is going to cause you to hit your head first, shocker!

So having established that his technique meant he led with his head we now come to first point of Impact, which is very clearly high. Combined you have a pretty bad high tackle due to a reckless tackle technique. Off to the bin with you.

Unscrupulous

Bench
No we are saying it was reckless, if it was intentional it should have been a red card. In no way shape or form is Napas technique in that tackle normal hence why it was classed reckless and he was quite rightfully sinbinned for it. You seem very much in the minority in thinking it was purely accidental and no case to answer. Like cam smith’s leg pull, you see a leg grab in every game but what he did was take it to the next level which was reckless, he should have been binned as well. Very happy to see the refs use the bin in this way.

Clearly wasn't reckless as he wasn't charged so I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Latest posts