What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying to be entertained...

Gnidir

Juniors
Just watching the Storm V Manly game and I think the fight has been the best thing ive seen in the Nrl this year.

I might be alone in this, but watching Walker get a slap after taunting Storm players was great!

So my topic is, if we pay to watch our game for entertainment, then why are we taking stuff like this away?

I agree with dog shots being a straight send off, but if they both want to fight, then isn't there entertainment value in that?

I like to hear how they talk up the skill of players, but is there still a place in the game for a fighting, if we are paying to be entertained, is this still entertainment?

TIGER14

Bench
Can't have kids who idolise Scott going to their game on Saturday morning and decking another kid who said something he didn't like or tackled him too hard.
NRL brought these rules in so we don't lose the kids to Aussie Rules.

some11

Referee
I have to admit, I really enjoyed the scuffle after Napa's flying headbutt, people still love the biff.

Nothing wrong with letting off a bit of steam, as long as its not out of control like Manly v Melb a few years ago at Brookvale.

eagles4eva

First Grade
It’s Dylan Walker.

The damage is already done.

It obvious why people hate Walker, he's a loud mouth and talks a heap of trash...Potentially missing games because he was king hit and may have a fractured eye socket... that's not cool, i wouldn't wish injury on any player because of being king hit,,,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It obvious why people hate Walker, he's a loud mouth and talks a heap of trash...Potentially missing games because he was king hit and may have a fractured eye socket... that's not cool, i wouldn't wish injury on any player because of being king hit,,,
There’s no wishing injury whatsoever.

We’re talking about a guy who thinks recreational use prescription painkillers is a smart move..

AJB1102

First Grade
I too agree that we should risk long term brain damage to people for my own entertainment

Thats pretty much contact sports like RL in a nutshell though. We didn't introduce HIA because of all the KO punches in the game.

Besides it'll give 'em another reason to use the HIA interchange loophole.

justdave

Juniors
Just watching the Storm V Manly game and I think the fight has been the best thing ive seen in the Nrl this year.

I might be alone in this, but watching Walker get a slap after taunting Storm players was great!

So my topic is, if we pay to watch our game for entertainment, then why are we taking stuff like this away?

I agree with dog shots being a straight send off, but if they both want to fight, then isn't there entertainment value in that?

I like to hear how they talk up the skill of players, but is there still a place in the game for a fighting, if we are paying to be entertained, is this still entertainment?
A slap? Lol

Gave a bit of lip, gets punched about by an immature kiddie and didn’t retaliate but gets 10 in the bin

I applaud you Walks for showing us all how to beat the Storm. All you have to do is say something like, I’ll send your mum home after she makes me breakfast

The best bit is the young fella is going to be target to lippy players for the rest of his career

jim_57

Staff member

"King hit" FMD. Are we going to call any and every first punch a king hit now?

Walker was staring right at Scott mouthing off. If Walker didn't realise there was even a slight chance he would cop one under those circumstances then he is as dumb as you say.

Barkley

Bench
Let them punch on I say. If players don’t want to “risk brain damage” then shut your mouth and play football.

Reactions: siv

Canard

Immortal

It's about mass appeal.

I'd be entertained by the cheeries being topless, that won't appeal to someone like @THE CHAMP for example.

txta2

Bench
What about breaking rookie players jaws, is that cool? Because this is what the tool Walker did to Brailey last year without any repercussions. People hate him because he is a grub

Latest posts