What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next 7 games...

franklin2323

Immortal
I heard fitlers interview in full and he was trying his best to avoid naming anyone as a starter. The interviewer went out of their way to include Moses as a possibility. The interviewer said is it an advantage that you have coached Moses before blah blah blah, Freddy responded very diplomatically with “of course” blah blah blah. The whole thing is media hype, there is nothing in it, Maloney will be there.

He was asked about Mitchell in commentary. Said still 2 weeks to go I don't want to name anyone but I like the guy inside him too. So playing the cards close to his chest tells me it is media beat up

soc123_au

Staff member
I heard fitlers interview in full and he was trying his best to avoid naming anyone as a starter. The interviewer went out of their way to include Moses as a possibility. The interviewer said is it an advantage that you have coached Moses before blah blah blah, Freddy responded very diplomatically with “of course” blah blah blah. The whole thing is media hype, there is nothing in it, Maloney will be there.
That seems the most logical scenario.

OldPanther

Coach
ISP Panthers v Western Suburbs
11am Sunday
North Sydney Oval

17. Tyrone MAY
1. Caleb AEKINS
3. Adam KEIGHRAN
16. Sam SMITH
2. Maika SIVO
22. Jarome LUAI
7. Liam COLEMAN
14. Kaide ELLIS
9. Soni LUKE
18. Nick LUI-TOSO
15. Billy BURNS
23. Tom EISENHUTH
11. Liam MARTIN

8. Oliver CLARK
10. Andy SAUNDERS
12. Reed IZZARD
21. Paea PUA

Abacus

Juniors
ISP Panthers v Western Suburbs
11am Sunday
North Sydney Oval

17. Tyrone MAY
1. Caleb AEKINS
3. Adam KEIGHRAN
16. Sam SMITH
2. Maika SIVO
22. Jarome LUAI
7. Liam COLEMAN
14. Kaide ELLIS
9. Soni LUKE
18. Nick LUI-TOSO
15. Billy BURNS
23. Tom EISENHUTH
11. Liam MARTIN

8. Oliver CLARK
10. Andy SAUNDERS
12. Reed IZZARD
21. Paea PUA

May at FB - that will be interesting. Hoping he goes well.

OldPanther

Coach
May at FB - that will be interesting. Hoping he goes well.

I'm wondering what they are doing there. Generally the head coach will advise on positions.

Is it just getting him as fit as quickly as possible(due to the workload at FB) or could we see him there in first grade at some point? DWZ is doing a fantastic job but they might want him back on the wing for consistency sake.

Fangs

Coach
Too big for fullback now. He will probably swap around with Luai.

I think they just want him running big metres. Needs a serious hit out before he joins the first grade team.

OldPanther

Coach
Can't watch the Dragons game. Someone let me know how they go? Be interesting if we play them while in form or not.

murraymob

Coach
These next 7 will determine if we’re top 4 or just top 8 I think.

Tigers
Dragons
Raiders
Roosters
Manly
Warriors
Sharks

Probably only one easy game in there.

Next 2 weeks in particular are a huge test.
we are 2 from 2 and looking goods for the raiders game. players rested bar the origin boys .Some injured players returning.Top 4 here we come

tripster

Juniors
Looking at the next three rounds for the Dragons and Souths, both of them you'd expect have a fairly easily run.

Souths play the Titans, Eels, and then the Cowboys. Parra are barely going to be able to field a team after what happened last night.

Dragons play the Dogs, Manly and then the Eels. Dogs are a bogey team for the Dragons, but you'd still have to think the Dragons are odds on to win those three games.

We have a much tougher period. We play the Raiders, the Roosters and Manly. I think we should beat Manly, but the games against the Raiders and Roosters are risky for us.

It might be that we end up closer to the bottom of the top 4 after the next few weeks. Hopefully we can still manage to beat the Raiders next week.

we are 2 from 2 and looking goods for the raiders game. players rested bar the origin boys .Some injured players returning.Top 4 here we come

The last 2 wins were really important, if we do drop a couple of games because of origin, those wins are great to have in the bank.

mxlegend99

Referee
Barring injury its hard to see us missing the top 4 from here. Minor premiership is a legit possibility. But with so many average sides I think we comfortably win enough to stay top 4.

Origin period could be tough for us. But we will be better for it. Winning an Origin seties will be a hell of a confidence boost

Kilkenny

Coach
Barring injury its hard to see us missing the top 4 from here. Minor premiership is a legit possibility. But with so many average sides I think we comfortably win enough to stay top 4.

Origin period could be tough for us. But we will be better for it. Winning an Origin seties will be a hell of a confidence boost

There is no doubt we are in the box seat to make the top four but as we all know the next six weeks is a really tough period and who knows what is going to unfold.

If we are still in the top four by Round 20 I will be really happy.

The ridiculous NZ v England test match in the USA is likely to have an impact on us as well given it is same weekend at SOO 2. At the very least we will also lose Dallin & JFH for that game.

OldPanther

Coach
There is no doubt we are in the box seat to make the top four but as we all know the next six weeks is a really tough period and who knows what is going to unfold.

The ridiculous NZ v England test match in the USA is likely to have an impact on us as well given it is same weekend at SOO 2. At the very least we will also lose Dallin & JFH for that game.

Fish would be a huge out for us.

unKwn

Juniors

f**k I just remembered about that. that's the weekend we lose all our players when we vs warriors right? I guess warriors will lose a few to the Denver test as well though. Johnson etc.

tripster

Juniors

Yes but isn’t that the weekend when it is a dedicated round. So no one will miss a game or need to back up 48 hours later?

I reckon we should take down the Raiders even with our Origin guys missing. The majority of our pack will still be there, we may just struggle for points with a makeshift halves pairing of likely May and Wallace. Roosters have now won two straight and should beat Newcastle pretty easily next week so I rate our chances against them too given they have struggled for consistency and are due for a loss soon.