What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale its time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Reading these comments make me think, "If Nightingale is too old, what does that make Graham"?

He is a 32-year prop with more than 350 first grade games under his belt, and who looks more tired (with minimal impact) each passing week.

I guess he's luck he doesn't play on the wing, and doesn't have to contend with a slow moving, compressed defensive line.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Reading these comments make me think, "If Nightingale is too old, what does that make Graham"?

He is a 32-year prop with more than 350 first grade games under his belt, and who looks more tired (with minimal impact) each passing week.

I guess he's luck he doesn't play on the wing, and doesn't have to contend with a slow moving, compressed defensive line.
its not that Nightingale is too old, its more so to do with lack of pace, not that he was ever express, but you can't compare a winger and a prop, when one position main requirement is speed...

IMO he could survive and contribute if he would just stop coming in and stay on his wing. It’s got to the stage now where he is been targeted as a weak link.
Aitkin was completely outclassed today. Nowhere to be seen.
They are not just targeting Nightingale.
Mann should be playing in the centres - who is a better defender than Aitkin and a more creative ball player.
Nightingale did not receive even one pass from Aitkin all game and hardly ever does..
Hard to contribute to the scoreboard without the ball.

hewi

Bench
Aitkin was completely outclassed today. Nowhere to be seen.
They are not just targeting Nightingale.
Mann should be playing in the centres - who is a better defender than Aitkin and a more creative ball player.
Nightingale did not receive even one pass from Aitkin all game and hardly ever does..
Hard to contribute to the scoreboard without the ball.

True, my mistake, is it a plus that there is no way that Aitken will be chosen for S of O?

H

Sir James not getting any smaller but flo is a hell of a lot more slower and the impact on that position is a lot more impactful plus sir James leadership on the park is invaluable

Old Timer

Coach
I find it hard to criticise Nighty because of what he has given and done for this club but I hope 2019 doesn't become a year where Nighty slowly erodes his status and reputation.
It'll be well and truly dome before the end of the 2019 season & in fact it's well and the way to be bing done right now.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I won't criticise him either, he doesn't pick himself each week. The flog that keeps picking him is the one that deserves the criticism.

Old Timer

Coach
I won't criticise him either, he doesn't pick himself each week. The flog that keeps picking him is the one that deserves the criticism.
You can't be picked if you're retired which is what he should have done.
Notwithstanding that Mc Fookknuckle belongs in a harem as he is a deadset eunuch.