What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying to be entertained...

TheFrog

Coach
I agree with dog shots being a straight send off, but if they both want to fight, then isn't there entertainment value in that?
There probably is for some, but it hardly enhances the credibility of the sport with the sort of demographic it seeks to attract if it is encouraged. There are various forms of fighting you can watch if that is what you wish.

I enjoyed seeing Walker get a few landed on his head. Shame it didn't put him to sleep, although he can put himself to sleep. Sometimes he even overdoes that.

firechild

First Grade
Ever since Brett Stewart running 30 to throw a punch at the back of Blair's head?
Except that Brett never threw a punch. He grabbed Blair and tried to drag him to the ground. Don't let facts get in the way of a good yarn though.

ed-grimley

Bench
Walker might have learnt something - mouthy players only go on with that shit because they can hide behind the no-punch rule. The way he and Koroisau went on when they left the field was immature and stupid.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Walker needs to have a chat with Terry Hill. That bloke was the master. He niggled all game and regularly either put his opposite off their game or got them binned for retaliating. I bet more than 128 blokes wanted to put one on his chin too.

Saxon

Bench
Except that Brett never threw a punch. He grabbed Blair and tried to drag him to the ground. Don't let facts get in the way of a good yarn though.
Rewatch the video - he threw a haymaker at the back of Blair's head. Well, tried. It missed.

Smack

Coach
It's a dog shot and deserved send off/suspension. If it was a square up, just bin and that's it.