What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting to Penrith

King hit

Coach
Hi guys

I'm going to Sydney for 5 days on Friday morning and on the Saturday night I'm going to attend the Panthers V Dragons game. I love Rugby League and can't wait to see a game at Penrith (not a supporter but I've always had a soft spot for the Panthers) booked my ticket yesterday.

I'm staying in the city and just wondering how to get out to the ground from the city. Is there a train service from Museum station or Central/town hall to Penrith express or not?. How long would it take to get to Penrith etc.

Just after some advice

Pomoz

Bench
Hi guys

I'm going to Sydney for 5 days on Friday morning and on the Saturday night I'm going to attend the Panthers V Dragons game. I love Rugby League and can't wait to see a game at Penrith (not a supporter but I've always had a soft spot for the Panthers) booked my ticket yesterday.

I'm staying in the city and just wondering how to get out to the ground from the city. Is there a train service from Museum station or Central/town hall to Penrith express or not?. How long would it take to get to Penrith etc.

Just after some advice
A train from central is easy enough. The trains stop at Penrith every hour on weekends. Not sure about buses to the ground, but there is a taxi rank at the station. 10 minutes by cab.

soc123_au

Staff member
The ground is about 15 minutes walk from the station. Exit the station on the southern side & walk straight along station street until you hit the stadium. It's a fantastic stadium to watch the game & if the crowd is somewhere close to capacity (which it should be) the atmosphere is great. Enjoy,

OldPanther

Coach
Hi guys

Just after some advice

It's pretty easy. You can go direct from central and either walk from Penrith station or get a bus/taxi.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hi guys

Just after some advice

Welsome: You can get a train from Central to Penrith also from the country trains platforms at central station They generally are quicker than the suburban trains. I've checked on the city rail website and trains leave basically 24 minutes past the hour.

Kev07

Juniors
Plenty of nice places to eat in Penrith also. The League's club has a choice of restaurants also.
Enjoy the day

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hi guys

Just after some advice

I would suggest pre booking you're ticket too even if its only general admission as it's likely to see out before Saturday.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I've got my ticket

Well done. I didn't want you to miss out. You'll have a good time there. Perhaps the best suburbian ground in Sydney. Old school but with good and a variety of food and drink. So close to the action you can almost feel the hits, and hear the players talk.

PS Yes I am biased. :p

Abacus

Juniors
The northern entrance nearest to Mulgoa Road. There's a sewerage facility of some sort at the lights on the stadium side.
I used to catch the school bus down Ransley St past that entrance. Some days you'd try to hold your breath going past the sewage station. Amazing how many times you'd get the red light and be stopped at that corner when it was throwing out its stench.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hi guys

Just after some advice

All 3 grades on too so gives you that option too but across the road have Paceway or Panthers so can eat and watch the other games if you want

Clifferd

Coach
The northern entrance nearest to Mulgoa Road. There's a sewerage facility of some sort at the lights on the stadium side.

So that’s why opposition hate playing at panthers stadium

Bloody bastards put the stadium next to the sewerage facility. Smart

Latest posts