What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths v Bears

Rabbit toes

First Grade
So the gauntlet has been thrown down with Bears signing Carney with Souths opposing his signature.

In the event of North’s splitting from Souths what exactly happens to our players who would usually play for norths? Do they continue to train with Souths and sit idle on the weekend? How long before Souths can gain another feeder club?

Basically all things related to the issue in this thread to help track.

Let’s see how close they get to the finals after we take all our players away. Carney can’t do it on his own. Fk the bears let’s run our own team starting next year if we can get a licence.

Dogmatix

Juniors
According to a thread on the Bears forum, Souths were going to ditch the Bears at the end of 2019. So maybe the Bears have decided to speed up the process

Rabbit toes

First Grade
According to a thread on the Bears forum, Souths were going to ditch the Bears at the end of 2019. So maybe the Bears have decided to speed up the process
What’s a possible club for Souths to link to? I was always of the impression the Sths/Nths relationship was fine

Galeforce

Bench
I think if Souths want to be a full force as a Development club , it needs to return to OWNING all teams from the juniors up. This way players can truly be "swallowed" in the culture and Souths top team..........it forces young players to get used to playing for someone else/another jersey.

Hope this split gives Souths the ability to do this , will need support from Souths Juniors and new Sponsors. Will be a great test of the love for Souths history and tradition.

Travitoh

First Grade
I think if Souths want to be a full force as a Development club , it needs to return to OWNING all teams from the juniors up. This way players can truly be "swallowed" in the culture and Souths top team..........it forces young players to get used to playing for someone else/another jersey.

Hope this split gives Souths the ability to do this , will need support from Souths Juniors and new Sponsors. Will be a great test of the love for Souths history and tradition.

This.

But if the politics involved are anything like what they are at my local sporting club where the junior club is much more profitable than the senior club then i can understand the situation.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I think we should tread carefully.
It's all good to finish the relationship because 1 player won't get any game time because Carney is there, but if that means 7-8 others players don't get any game time at all because we end the relationship than that is even worse.
Best scenario could be we field our own team.... we can cast an even wider net on talent coming through or for guys like Kennar, Tatola etc who have been unlucky with injury in their career.
That won't happen over night though.
Maybe we should just sit tight for the year, leave our guys at the Bears and wait for Toddy to do something stupid and have his contract terminated. Surely that will be only a few weeks anyway!

ThingFish

Juniors
What’s a possible club for Souths to link to? I was always of the impression the Sths/Nths relationship was fine
Besides ourselves the Obvious choice is Souths Juniors or any rich Club in the Souths comp. Personally I know Cabramatta Two Blues out West would love a run in NSW Cup.

Edit-Another rich Westie club with a big leagues club like Cabra is Guildford.

I think we should tread carefully.
It's all good to finish the relationship because 1 player won't get any game time because Carney is there, but if that means 7-8 others players don't get any game time at all because we end the relationship than that is even worse.
Best scenario could be we field our own team.... we can cast an even wider net on talent coming through or for guys like Kennar, Tatola etc who have been unlucky with injury in their career.
That won't happen over night though.
Maybe we should just sit tight for the year, leave our guys at the Bears and wait for Toddy to do something stupid and have his contract terminated. Surely that will be only a few weeks anyway!
My worrie is not that players will miss game time but that carney will lead our younger guys astray and next thing we got young players out drinking and following him doing dumb shit.

southsport

First Grade
Besides ourselves the Obvious choice is Souths Juniors or any rich Club in the Souths comp. Personally I know Cabramatta Two Blues out West would love a run in NSW Cup.

Edit-Another rich Westie club with a big leagues club like Cabra is Guildford.
Souths Juniors at Kingsford currently have seen revenue drop by $4m per year due to the light rail construction so I can't see them stepping in any time soon.

ThingFish

Juniors
Souths Juniors at Kingsford currently have seen revenue drop by $4m per year due to the light rail construction so I can't see them stepping in any time soon.
$4 mil wouldn’t be the whole revenue of some of the clubs in the NSW Cup let alone a drop. :smile:

callmack1

Staff member
Norths can piss off as far as I'm concerned, f**k em!!

Apparently, we haven't been happy with them for years!