What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pub in Sydney to watch Origin 1

jargan83

Coach
Howdy all

I'm travelling to Sydney on June 6 for work and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good pub with a good atmosphere to watch Origin 1.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Any pub with a television tuned to Channel Nein.

Maybe a Leagues club might be a better choice....dunno. Its been almost 30 years since I lived in Sydney.

Lambretta

First Grade
The Keg and Brew on Foveaux is a Craft Beer pub - it's focus is usually on the beer, rather than the footy
I watched the 2015 Grand Final there and it was good because the beer was good and I was with my mates, not because any one else was watching the footy

The Aurora on Elizabeth (2 mins walk from K&B) has more screens and there is usually a function on for SOO. They have a range of beers and often have $5 schooner deals.

Oxford Tavern is a grotty titty bar. Avoid.
Hunters Hill is flipping miles out - you would need to be desperate
There is nothing in Kings Cross worth going to
Sheaf in Double Bay used to be good - haven't been there in a while

Surry Hills is probably your best bet - there are 50,000 pubs there and most of them are great
The Crown, Dove and Olive (highly recommend),

Good luck

adamkungl

Immortal
I find the suburbs a lot better than the CBD for watching footy sadly. SOO might be an improvement but for a standard friday night good luck finding anywhere with a decent sized screen and the sound on.

But "passable"
Sweeneys
The Office
Edinburgh Castle
Paragon
Keg and Brew
Captain Cook
Aurora
Forresters
Clock

I reckon best bet is to check their websites or call up and see if they'll have a dedicated big screen with sound on

I find the suburbs a lot better than the CBD for watching footy sadly. SOO might be an improvement but for a standard friday night good luck finding anywhere with a decent sized screen and the sound on.

But "passable"
Sweeneys
The Office
Edinburgh Castle
Paragon
Keg and Brew
Captain Cook
Aurora
Forresters
Clock

I reckon best bet is to check their websites or call up and see if they'll have a dedicated big screen with sound on

Paragon if you want a fight haha

Yeh surry hills generally gives RL a good run. The front bar at the Beresford is generally ok for nrl games as well. I’d also pay the light brigade as long as it doesn’t clash with an AFL or ru game