What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 Saturday 26th May v Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
I think you could be right, that's probably the way to go.

So do you guys think AJ is certain to miss this game? I guess we'll find out later today but I so hope he's okay.

Any strain of the hamstring is usually minimum one week. Sam's glute however may be ok to play if managed. He won't be 100% but glute injuries can be something that are manageable.

callmack1

Staff member
2-3 weeks for AJ they say.
Oh right, bummer. That's a bit of a blow...

My Line Up for this week, assuming AJ is out and Sam is good to go,

1. Inglis (C)
2. Kennar
3. Hunt
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. G.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S.Burgess

14. Doueihi
15. Murray
16. Clark
17. Tatola

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Line Up - Round 12 vs Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/22/line-up-round-12-warriors/

Line Up Reaction Show - Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/22/line-up-reaction-show-rnd-12-warriors/

Very interesting Line Up and I must say, the backline is not what I expected. I'd still prefer Hunt at left centre and Jennings left wing but I can see what Seibs is thinking here because both Doueihi and Hunt did a good job last week.
I thought last week Hunt had one of he’s poorer games. Few mistakes here and there. I’m sure he’ll bounce back

themacemaceman

Juniors
If Jennings is fit I can't see him missing out.
I think he will come onto the wing and either Hunt or Doueihi at centre with the other of those 2 on the bench.
Seibs likes to have a back on the bench.

Travitoh

First Grade
I haven't been a fan of having a back on the bench but it sure came in handy last week when AJ went off.

In previous seasons I've been of the same opinion but in the HIA era, i believe it's a necessity and with the interchanges being capped at 6 next year, could very well fill the role very similarly to a bench goalkeeper in soccer.

callmack1

Staff member
If Jennings is fit I can't see him missing out.
I think he will come onto the wing and either Hunt or Doueihi at centre with the other of those 2 on the bench.
Seibs likes to have a back on the bench.
Agreed, Jennings has been outstanding this year. There must still be a few doubts over his fitness as I see no reason why he wouldn't be there. Hunt has been okay but he hasn't done enough to hold a spot over Jenko imo.

callmack1

Staff member

southsport

First Grade
In previous seasons I've been of the same opinion but in the HIA era, i believe it's a necessity and with the interchanges being capped at 6 next year, could very well fill the role very similarly to a bench goalkeeper in soccer.
That's something I haven't thought about, what has changed things in the HIA era?

Rabbits20

Immortal
How is hunt suppose to get any rythem when he is moved around so much. Let’s hope there are no mistakes but I don’t see much happening on the right edge with him and gags.
He's been playing left wing lately mate has Hunt. But yeah initially he was on the right. If Jennings is back you'd think Hunt to left centre and Douiehi to the bench. But who knows what Seibs is thinking??

Kennar and Campbell seem to be on the right moreso. Kennar will get that right wing spot back at some point once he's fit.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That is where a player like fui comes in handy. Great BR and can cover centre.
Wouldn't say great back rower yet but yeah he will keep building no doubt mate.

I can see him in say a month getting a spot on the bench. He will rip in for Norths. Gotta stay disciplined off field and on field to and not give silly penalties away!

If I recall earlier at the start of the season he turned up to training late??

We have good competition for spots which is great.

Nicholls wasn't doing anything wrong and even he's missed the last match or 2.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Is it definitely gonna be capped at 6 mate?

Travitoh

First Grade
That's something I haven't thought about, what has changed things in the HIA era?

The increased likelihood of a back having to come from the field compared to say 5 years ago. And with a free interchange on offer, it won't impact too much on forward rotations.

Is it definitely gonna be capped at 6 mate?

I thought i had read it would be but i could be wrong.

Latest posts