What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A chick from work who’s like 21 went and loved it. Weren’t the headliners like KoRn and Limp Bizkit? I was surprised she’d even heard of them!

Damn that makes me feel old when I still think of that stuff as “new” (nu) metal as opposed to the “old school” stuff I prefer!

Zigwaa

Bench
A chick from work who’s like 21 went and loved it. Weren’t the headliners like KoRn and Limp Bizkit? I was surprised she’d even heard of them!
Yeah the main stage was mostly older bands as headliners and the new young ones earlier in the day or on other stages.

There were always going to be clashes but not as many as soundwave used to get. Only having three stages play at the same time was a good move.

adamkungl

Immortal
I didn't go because I thought the lineup was a bit shit but was hoping it would succeed in the hope I'd dig future lineups more. Good to hear it was a good setup, if they come back again with less focus on nu-metal/screamo type stuff and a bit more thrash/death/black/doom/classic metal I might be keen in future.

Same here.

I do appreciate that it brought Amon Amarth, Gojira and Mastodon into the country though.
Consecutive nights in Sydney, they were outstanding.

gUt

Coach
https://sectioned.bandcamp.com/

Seriously pick this up dudes. If you like early Dillinger Escape Plan you should like this.

Such a filthy, despairing, aggressive, primal sound. Soundtrack to a breakdown, playing on a loop inside a madman's head as his chainsaw begins to bite into his leg. In other words, it's f**king brutal:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
bva9BmW.jpg
Nice little haul of classic late 80s/early 90s records in the mail today :)

Mong

Post Whore
Have never paid much attention to parkway drive before, heard a song from the new one on jjj on the weekend which I liked so had a listen to the whole album.

Have to say it’s pretty awesome. Have listened to it many times since already.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hymns to the Dead at Dark Mofo in Tasmania in a couple of weeks, killer lineup as usual, gonna be insane.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
My wife watches the voice. I was subjected to seeing one of the little diseases that perform on this show like a trained seal.

They dressed him in a f**king Overkill T-shirt.

I can't stand seeing these pop singers wearing metal tees as a fashion statement.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
220px-Dimmu_Borgir_-_Eonian_cover_art.jpg

New Dimmu Borgir CD been out a month or so now. Different to their early days, a lot more big production here with orchestra backing and back up choir, much the the Northern Lights concert they did a few years back.

Best CD they have ever done for mine and they'll be touring here in October.

adamkungl

Immortal
Wacken coming up soon and I'm going

Not the best lineup i've ever seen (aka Hellfest 2014) but still, can't complain about this kind of selection...

Alestorm
Amorphis

Arch Enemy
Behemoth
Belphegor
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Converge
Destruction
Dimmu Borgir
Dust Bolt
Dying Fetus
Ensiferum
Enslaved
Epica

Firewind
Ghost
Gojira
Heidevolk
In Flames
Judas Priest
Korpiklaani
Manilla Road
Mantar
Nightwish
Persefone
Riot

Running Wild
Samael
Sepultura
Soen
Solstafir
Steel Panther
Toxic Holocaust
Vallenfyre
Watain

Wintersun
Zeal & Ardor

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Man I feel old and jaded, theres about two bands there I’d even pop down to the Stag or Factory to see. Kinda sucks now that I finally have the financial means to do euro/American festivals, I generally don’t have any interest in the lineups, 10 years ago I’d have cream over most of them.

Latest posts