What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Look I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. But as a club wouldn't it be smart IF for example we signed Jnr Paulo for 620k to then throw some rumours out it was closer to 750k. Being that we where the first to sign a big man it would only drive the price of other big men up. Result means it hurts other clubs.

Gee Jnr got over 700k I want 600k says Boyd......
Kinda like we rumoured Beau was on 400k but paid him 600k?

Glenneel

Bench
I tipped we’d be top eight if we got a halfback last year and I was right. If we had just a normal amount of injuries this year we would again be challenging for the top eight, IMO, and I am probably right about that too.

I also suspected Edwards and Norman were negative influences at our club, which seems obvious on the surface. But they didn’t seem to stop us winning games prior to this year.
I tipped we'd be lucky to make the 8 this year as we didn't strengthen the forwards to compensate for the loss of Semi. What did you tip? Wonder who has better foresight?

Glenneel

Bench
If you don't know how much they're on how do you know that giving them the arse will make enough space for the players you want us to buy? Simple logic says that if these incoming players are better than the ones being let go that they will cost more, and therefore they will use up more of the cap than the guys they are replacing.

If you think we can make the space required why don't you list our current top 17 salaries (in your opinion) and see which ones are off contract. You don't even need to come up with a figure. Just the 17 highest paid players in the club. Replace one of them with Junior Paulo and see how much cap would be left over.
The DT or some other source stated that we are looking to claim Scott's injury as career ending to obtain relief under the cap to the amount of, wait for it, and I don't/can't really believe it.......$600k because Scott is on a backended contract! Wtf. Thought we got him cheap because he wanted to be near Westmead Hospital? So who was laughing at me when I said Mannah was paid more than $600k? This club is an absolute joke.

So Pou doesn't want us to pay $700k to get Pangai Jnr? We pay a fortune to get nuffies so $700k for a good player is value for money. So Pou the money you calculated as being available at the end of this year just double it and you'll probably still be short. So when I've been saying we must be overpaying players because we have nearly used the cap up must be true.

Bazal

Post Whore
How many people are in the same boat as poor stupid Glennyboy, and do not understand that Beau Scott was signed by the previous administration? You know, the one that cheated and had all the TPAs rolled into the cap?

Hands up now, don't be shy....

Glenneel

Bench
If you're referring to my comment, that was in response to Glenneel "suggesting" we pay Broncos to take Norman fully & then we sign Pangai.
Another idiot stating something I never said to justify an argument. Just show me where I said that!

Glenneel

Bench
How many people are in the same boat as poor stupid Glennyboy, and do not understand that Beau Scott was signed by the previous administration? You know, the one that cheated and had all the TPAs rolled into the cap?

Hands up now, don't be shy....
Another idiot that doesn't understand the posts. Who cares who signed him, we only care that a player signed 1 year too long is getting paid about double what he was ever worth. Now do you understand that? If you don't put your hand up.
Oh dear....his hand went up.

Glenneel

Bench
Or the media. But if Beau Scott is on $600k he would've been super cheap in those first couple of years. That's how back-ending works. That's how we built a premiership window, narrow as it was.
Come on Pou more deflecting. We were in a position of strength as we were close to where he wanted to be, We signed him for 1 year too long on overs. Another brilliant Watmough coup signing....NOT.

Bazal

Post Whore
Another idiot that doesn't understand the posts. Who cares who signed him, we only care that a player signed 1 year too long is getting paid about double what he was ever worth. Now do you understand that? If you don't put your hand up.

Let's see how many times you can miss the point. I'm putting money down on double figures without you even showing a glimpse of understanding.

Try again, shall we?

Beau Scott was signed by the previous administration, The one that cheated, and as a result had all the TPAs rolled into the salary cap....

Glenneel

Bench
Let's see how many times you can miss the point. I'm putting money down on double figures without you even showing a glimpse of understanding.

Try again, shall we?

Beau Scott was signed by the previous administration, The one that cheated, and as a result had all the TPAs rolled into the salary cap....
You know that do you? Really. Do you know firsthand as the article never mentioned it? Another bloody Pou stating some bullshit as fact to fit an argument.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I tipped we'd be lucky to make the 8 this year as we didn't strengthen the forwards to compensate for the loss of Semi. What did you tip? Wonder who has better foresight?
If we miss the eight it'll be due to injury. Forwards don't replace outside backs you muppet. We bought the best one available and he has been injured.

You would've tipped us to miss the eight last year as well.

Bazal

Post Whore
You know that do you? Really. Do you know firsthand as the article never mentioned it? Another bloody Pou stating some bullshit as fact to fit an argument.

"If it doesn't suit my outraged deathriding agenda, it can't be true even though it was widely reported at the time!!! Waaaaaahhhhhh!!"

Let me repeat it for the slow. I'll even highlight the important bit for you, too.

Beau Scott was signed by the previous administration. The one that CHEATED and AS A RESULT, HAD ALL THEIR TPA'S ROLLED INTO THE SALARY CAP

Honestly if you had surgery to remove your brain, keeping the stem intact, and then had the primitive and underdeveloped brain of a sturgeon carefully attached in its place, you would actually be a more valuable member of this forum. In fact, I would wager GlennSturgeon would be a more valuable and productive member of society as a whole.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The DT or some other source stated that we are looking to claim Scott's injury as career ending to obtain relief under the cap to the amount of, wait for it, and I don't/can't really believe it.......$600k because Scott is on a backended contract! Wtf. Thought we got him cheap because he wanted to be near Westmead Hospital? So who was laughing at me when I said Mannah was paid more than $600k? This club is an absolute joke.
I wouldn't be surprised of Scott was backended but those numbers are all bullshit. Just media hysteria to generate drama. But of course you pay a premium for leaders because they have a huge impact on your culture and preparation.
So Pou doesn't want us to pay $700k to get Pangai Jnr? We pay a fortune to get nuffies so $700k for a good player is value for money. So Pou the money you calculated as being available at the end of this year just double it and you'll probably still be short. So when I've been saying we must be overpaying players because we have nearly used the cap up must be true.
We were amongst the premiership favourites at the start of the year so our players couldn't be that overpaid. Obviously Hayne, Brown, Mannah, Pritchard, Evans, Williams and Scott are worth nothing while unavailable for first grade. That's a lot of forwards sitting on the sideline.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What they are worth outside the cap (effctively unlimited) is different to what they are worth under the cap. But maybe you now understand how TPAs drive the price of players up.

84 Baby

Referee
Another idiot stating something I never said to justify an argument. Just show me where I said that!
Sure thing. It may take me awhile though

Broncos are making a massive play for Bellamy so Bernie Gurr should be hopping immediately on a plane and talking to Bennett. Would be a massive coup if he came to Parra.

Looks like Parra are trying to offload Norman. A left field option, offer him to Broncos for full freight and for them to encourage Pangi Jnr to come to Parra. Another massive coup to get him here.
Oh wait it didn't take long because you said it only yesterday