What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamys Broncos vs Parramatta ELECTRIC eels

Gazzamatta

Coach
No mention of our kicking game in the Presser. If BA was happy with our kicking game then we are in worse trouble that first thought. A better kicking game tonight, particularly in the second half and we win.
We say it every week. If you kick a bomb you have to have chasers. Our strategy appears to be, kick a bomb and hope they drop it. Yep. Thats gunna work.
Kick for field position ffs.

I know we're all f**ked off to the gills about our team but taken in isolation, the game wasn't really that bad. We couldn't buy a call to save our life tonight, and only the tiniest thing had to go in our favour, like the jenko no try, for it to be a completely different contest. The composure though is severely lacking - not enough cool heads/respected leaders. Too many dumb decisions by individuals (you're kicking on the third to who exactly?), and yep, the attacking plays are sub par. Teams with more talented individuals can get away with that. We can't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jenning poor ball security cost is the win tonight.
2 centers were off their game
Jennings has had dropsies these past two weeks. Takairangi isn't a centre. We were again beaten out wide tonight. We need a strong winger. Hayne was a poor replacement for Radradra.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The refs f**k us over cos we are last?
The refs f**ked us in this game and the Bulldogs game. Otherwise they've been good.

Then again I remember a couple of games last year where I thought we got the rub of the green for the first time in ages. Usually the refs aren't a factor, IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By going for the try your putting broncos under pressure. Taking two let’s them off. Momentum slows and they get a break
Taking the two puts them under scoreboard pressure, when it brings them back to just a try in front. If we didn't take the two they would've just kept conceding penalties until they got a warning or we dropped the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, HOWEVER Bulldogs beat a 2 weeks ago with a 2 metre forward pass, missed. The 3 metre forward pass earlier, missed.

Boyd pass earlier which was exactly the same as Norman's, which one do you think was let go and which one was called forward.

I'm cool with the calls being made but i want consistency and they should never miss passes that forward as they did against the Dogs and that one earlier tonight.

It is indefensible, no ifs, no butts.
Yep. It's like if they had awarded a penalty for incorrect play-the-ball. There were a dozen or more in that game and any of them would've been legit penalties. But if you don't penalise all of them how can you justify penalising any of them? Especially since awarding a penalty can be such a game changer. The Broncos final goal came when Takairangi was penalised for inetrfering with a chaser. But Takairangi himself was obstructed by Roberts during a kick chase down the other end for no penalty, and Jennings was tripped by Kahu while chasing a kick as well and again no penalty awarded. Instead all we got was penalty Broncos.

Boyd's pass to Kahu for Oates' try was as forward as Norman's pass to French but the try was given.

forward pass

Coach
I know this may seem like an insignificant issue but its really bugging me. Why did we completely redesign our Jerseys, flog the hell out of them to our supporters then go back to wearing a totally different strip for certain games? We have an alternate away strip which we never seem to wear - why promote it? That is the 2nd time we have worn that jersey which is not even our official strip. It seems a f**king shambles.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep. It's like if they had awarded a penalty for incorrect play-the-ball. There were a dozen or more in that game and any of them would've been legit penalties. But if you don't penalise all of them how can you justify penalising any of them? Especially since awarding a penalty can be such a game changer. The Broncos final goal came when Takairangi was penalised for inetrfering with a chaser. But Takairangi himself was obstructed by Roberts during a kick chase down the other end for no penalty, and Jennings was tripped by Kahu while chasing a kick as well and again no penalty awarded. Instead all we got was penalty Broncos.

Boyd's pass to Kahu for Oates' try was as forward as Norman's pass to French but the try was given.
Ok. What have you done with the REAL Poo?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wouldn’t other clubs love to have Brisbane’s depth. FMD :rolleyes:
Consider the quality they have at the bottom of their top 30. There are blokes worth $100k-$150k earning between $70k and $100k. It's not much in the context of the salary cap but the difference in quality of players is significant. If you want to live in Brisbane they're your only option. How much extra would you want to go and live in Sydney on a one year backup's salary if the Broncos are offering $100k?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’ve complained numerous times this year about the refereeing. What was the excuse for those games? Geez you hold onto a position, even when logic points elsewhere.
No this is only the second time I thought we were dudded over 80 minutes. There are always bad calls in games, but they usually all come out on the wash.

I know this may seem like an insignificant issue but its really bugging me. Why did we completely redesign our Jerseys, flog the hell out of them to our supporters then go back to wearing a totally different strip for certain games? We have an alternate away strip which we never seem to wear - why promote it? That is the 2nd time we have worn that jersey which is not even our official strip. It seems a f**king shambles.
I've been bagging the crap out of our new jerseys so I might be biased, but could it be that they've recognised the new jerseys are awful? Probably not but I hope so.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Forwards were good, with the exception of Vave, Matagi was borderline... Seriously don't see the point in giving Marata only 20 minutes. I'd rather he played Vave's role in the middle I'm sure he'd do a better job
Vave made over 12 metres per carry and broke a tackle every three runs. The fat merkin just doesn't have the fitness to play longer than 15 minute stints.
Throw Hayne, Brown, Kaysa and Mannah in the side and maybe some confidence, and they're not far away... Problem is we have no idea how to score points, and merkins like Ashley Klein and that prick with the flag in his hand on the sideline aren't helping our cause either ..
We sure lack the fluidity of last year. Losing Brown's quick play-the-balls and offloads hurt our attack badly. With Evans injured we only have Alvaro and Takairangi who can offload in traffic.

forward pass

Coach
We do not have a winning attitude. When Jennings went to the bin, there was f**k all urgency to cover his spot. Moses and Gennings were left stranded. It was really piss poor. Just like the lack of urgency when the try was scored off the bomb and the seemingly lack of interest in chasing kicks. Terrible attitude.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Look I understand, but we have been complaining all season the we have no ball or momentum, then we give it away with the 2.
If we didn't they just would've kept interfering with our play-the-ball. You get instantly binned when you interfere with a quick tap but deliberately slowing teams when they're attacking your line needs to happen a dozen times before anyone goes to the bin.