What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamys Broncos vs Parramatta ELECTRIC eels

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We do not have a winning attitude. When Jennings went to the bin, there was f**k all urgency to cover his spot. Moses and Gennings were left stranded. It was really piss poor. Just like the lack of urgency when the try was scored off the bomb and the seemingly lack of interest in chasing kicks. Terrible attitude.
It was really poor organisation. When you lose an edge defender you need to replace him with some one from the middle and play a man short in your middle defence (and compress to cover it). Instead we had Moses defending next to a winger, with Moeroa on his inside. Fourth in was King, standing in line with the posts.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
If we'd won tonight I think people would have a completely different perception of the game.
I’m not sure I would. Brisbane were very ordinary... luckily for them we are abysmal. We don’t look like scoring our attack is so blunt it’s not funny. I’d hardly be jumping through hoops if we somehow jagged that tonight.

I’m not sure I would. Brisbane were very ordinary... luckily for them we are abysmal. We don’t look like scoring our attack is so blunt it’s not funny. I’d hardly be jumping through hoops if we somehow jagged that tonight.
I was kidding and I know where you're coming from but I also think we weren't that far from being good enough. We were dumb, predictable, and riddled with errors. Yet a coin toss away from winning a game in which we didn't get a single decision. Brisbane weren't terrible, just below par.
But it's one game, and we've been poor all season, so it hardly redeems us.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congratulations to Wayne Bennett on his 800th game and victory at that. The Murali of coaching (he took 800 wickets)

May he make it to 1000 and 76 years of age

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Geez, 11 of our players ran for over 100m. One of them over 200m. And we scored one try. Fmd
Cant blame the forwards this time, I thought they rolled up the field comfortably all night. But our kicking game FFS!!

We should truly rename the team to the Parra Bombers, somehow the Bronc’s have won 7 games and they are absolute gash shows how bad we are.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are a poorly coached attacking team. We are completely bereft of ideas attacking the opposition line. We had enough ball and opportunities to win and win convincingly but we just don’t have a plan b when our plan a (the rubbish sweeping play) fails. How every fan has seen this from about round 2 and the coaching staff have not been able to rectify the situation is unacceptable.
Watching the game in the stands our shape is rubbish, it’s like we keep trying these sweeping block plays because it’s what we practice.

We looked much more dangerous with second phase just a shame most of the time they were all too lazy to push up in support and our kicking game was lazy from the first whistle.

But there were positives, Norman at 1, Tep on an edge killed it and the Polar Bear continues to grow in every game.

Hopefully with a few troops back we can start winning and get away from the dreaded spoon.

hindy111

Post Whore
Taking the two puts them under scoreboard pressure, when it brings them back to just a try in front. If we didn't take the two they would've just kept conceding penalties until they got a warning or we dropped the ball.

Or sin bin...

We had to go for the try

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Bronc’s were on their last warning before we took the two.

Should of pushed it and got someone in the bin because they would of kept spoiling.

So instead we take the two get to the halfway and put up yet another rubbish bomb that goes nowhere and the Bronc’s have the ball back on the 30m line.

It was very exciting.

Gronk

Staff member
The wrist slitters are justified to take the platform this morning and complain about the team, coach, attack, water boy and cheerleaders.

I might be a glass half full guy, but what I saw last night was a team that are not hopeless. A team that tried for 80m and with a bit of luck, there would have been a different result. Mennings was over the line, the defender slaped the ball out of his arms. It wasn’t a fumble or loose carry. The ball was live and we scored. Norman’s ball went backwards out of his hands to French as well. I am not delusional bc the commentators said the same.

We’ll be a different team with Mannah Hayne Brown Evans Kaysa back. Yes it will be too late, but last night was a perfect example of our team with its depth tested and Brisbane. The Broncos pull the next big thing out of their arse every week for every position. I wish we had some of those $Broncos$ to spend on our squad.

Avenger

Immortal
The wrist slitters are justified to take the platform this morning and complain about the team, coach, attack, water boy and cheerleaders.

I might be a glass half full guy, but what I saw last night was a team that are not hopeless. A team that tried for 80m and with a bit of luck, there would have been a different result. Mennings was over the line, the defender slaped the ball out of his arms. It wasn’t a fumble or loose carry. The ball was live and we scored. Norman’s ball went backwards out of his hands to French as well. I am not delusional bc the commentators said the same.

We’ll be a different team with Mannah Hayne Brown Evans Kaysa back. Yes it will be too late, but last night was a perfect example of our team with its depth tested and Brisbane. The Broncos pull the next big thing out of their arse every week for every position. I wish we had some of those $Broncos$ to spend on our squad.
I agree but I can’t see BA taking this group forward. He has peaked and it may be time to move him on.

Djay

Juniors
I agree but I can’t see BA taking this group forward. He has peaked and it may be time to move him on.
To be honest I was sharing this thought until it dawned on me maybe he was strangled from spending or doing what he wants recruitment wise.

Also to add to this I think what you find is every good team who keeps they’re head coach for a decent amount of time usually turn over assistants and bring in new ones with fresh ideas.

It can’t be easy on BA, they have cut severe amount of costs from him and his had to carry a lot of the work load. His shown in past years he can coach you don’t just lose that, yes he may have over stayed his welcome but also who else do you get? I think we need to stick with it until his contract is up. I would like to see 2 new assistant come in also and bring some new ideas.

Injuries are crippling us and when it rains it pours for us and that’s what this year has become. These shit years happen more often then not for us, I don’t think any of us can put our finger on what it is exactly that has us in this predicament, obviously we lack up front but that hasn’t been the entire issue this year, in fact in some games they’ve rolled they’re sleeves up and rolled forward like last night.

They are trying, they’re not giving up, they aren’t getting any rub of the green nor is anything going in our favour, our execution is lacking big time and I do think we are predictable in attack, but Norman was honestly electric last night and he looked reborn at the back, we created a lot more with him there and his chiming into the sweeping move had then guessing. Teps was over and didn’t score, Jennings should have scored twice and Norman’s cut out to French was apparently dubious, nail one of them and it all changes.

Winning last night wouldn’t have changed much, but I think we need to reset (again) recruit well and hopefully Max lets us do that and bring in some new staff, I wouldn’t be cutting BA just yet because I think we don’t know the full story about this years cutting of costs.

It’s no excuse we have enough talent to be better then 2-10 and BA should own that too, but it’s a funny time where you cutting him would only set us back further right now.

Last edited:

Wally21

Bench
Watching the game in the stands our shape is rubbish, it’s like we keep trying these sweeping block plays because it’s what we practice.

We looked much more dangerous with second phase just a shame most of the time they were all too lazy to push up in support and our kicking game was lazy from the first whistle.

But there were positives, Norman at 1, Tep on an edge killed it and the Polar Bear continues to grow in every game.

Hopefully with a few troops back we can start winning and get away from the dreaded spoon.
Great summary hiney. I’ve been extremely critical of Norman, but he certainly aimed up.
Even the idiots on 9 said during the coverage that we needed our speed men into dummy half up the middle to change things up.
And the kicking game, non existent chase game, block sweeps and poor backing up (where the f**k were King and Smith? Even Gutho), let alone individual brain explosions show that we are still a dumb team unfortunately.

hindy111

Post Whore

BA has few errors.

1 - Team usually only carry to hooker cause there both to good to leave out of firest grade. We carry 2 cause both are to shit to play 80mins. Yes Kaysa is injured. He he injury prone. BA new this.

2 - Kicking for 2 last night? Are you serious. Ive gone over this. At 16-10 it bought field goal into game for Brisbane. We needed to just starve those big young forwards of ball. They where gassed.

3- We had 7 guys who would of started out. They did have a few also but not as many.

4 - What is with the bomb. Why not a nice little kick and apply pressure with good field position?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great summary hiney. I’ve been extremely critical of Norman, but he certainly aimed up.
Even the idiots on 9 said during the coverage that we needed our speed men into dummy half up the middle to change things up.
And the kicking game, non existent chase game, block sweeps and poor backing up (where the f**k were King and Smith? Even Gutho), let alone individual brain explosions show that we are still a dumb team unfortunately.
French is the one that gets me, he sits on his wing waiting for the ball.

Is he coach to stay out there??? Surely he is giving a roving commotion to be all over the place sniffing out any chance???

It’s not like he should be tired, it’s like all the skill is being coached out of these blokes.

Wally21

Bench

Lots to like Gronk about last night and certainly the merkins in black did their very best to ensure Brisbane won the game.
The concern remains that the team still comes up with so many poor decisions and seems to struggle with the basics such as; kick chase, last tackle options, giving options to the ball carrier and poor defensive reads.
The refs decided the game, but we shouldn’t have been in a position to let them.

Latest posts