What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peni Moreoa

T-Boon

Coach
Tep's mrs. Let's see someone explain to her that it's fine for Tep to take a pay cut because T-Boon said so.

I just see myself as being in an advisory position for the club. They don't have to take my advice though obviously I think they are crazy if they ignore it.

Wally21

Bench
We use the poor kid wrong, his not a f**king battering ram, the few times Moses was putting him in holes last year he was looking like a dangerous edge backrower.

I used to think he was over rated but his actually a really good player who is young and has loads of upside, his defence is pretty solid and he runs nice lines when he can but I think we utilise him the wrong way to be honest.

His 22 he has years ahead of him and has shown glimpses of greatness, I really would like to see him utilised as a hole runner and running those nice lines that he does, not just cart the ball up and expect him to bust them every time.
Spot on Djay. I saw him play junior rugby at outside centre and he was unbelievable. Used as a gap/angle runner and almost unstoppable. Coach has it wrong on this one

TheRam

Coach
I like the kid, I really do - but he see.s to have no strength.

Every time he runs the ball, he gets stopped, and driven back.

He's a big unit, but he rarely seems to use power I his runs.

He is a great defender, and ok at running the ball - but I'm puzzled as to why he can't use his size more effectively.

This is exactly what I think as well. I can't fault the kid on effort. He almost always has a go. But he just gets swamped almost every time he runs at the line. He never uses footwork to get between defenders and I don't think any coach would tell a player not to use footwork at the line. So that is on him. The lines he is running are another thing though. That is the coach and he maybe doing him a disservice there.

Last night though was one of his better efforts in attack. I just hope if we get a better group of big forwards for next year, it would help him in his game. Well the next 2 years will really tell us what kind of player we really have in him. But a better pack all round should improve him for sure. The extra fatigue of the opposition forwards will give him more latitude and opportunities.

He is just coming into his best years, so we will see. A better dummy half will make a massive difference for all our forwards too, IF WE EVER GOT ONE.

hindy111

Post Whore
So I am a fan. He constantly gets bagged on here. He is off contract.

The guys career has never got going, injuries or suspension has stopped him from getting on a real roll on.

The last month we are seeing his true form. He is a keep for me. If guys like him and Gower are our back ups we are doing great. So much heart.

Yes he drops the odd ball. It is frustrating but also exagerated how often.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Aaaaand he’s having a great game. :rolleyes:

#haters

His first half was great. 77m off 7 runs, 18 tackles with none missed, the only other players that had similar stats were Ma'u, Terepo, and Pangai Jnr. His second half he was quiet with only 13m from 2 runs and 23 tackles with 4 missed.

Maybe we should look to limit his minutes, play him for the first 30, bring whoever on for the next 30 and then bring him back on for the final 20?

Gronk

Staff member
So I am a fan. He constantly gets bagged on here. He is off contract.

The guys career has never got going, injuries or suspension has stopped him from getting on a real roll on.

The last month we are seeing his true form. He is a keep for me. If guys like him and Gower are our back ups we are doing great. So much heart.

Yes he drops the odd ball. It is frustrating but also exagerated how often.

You should be banned from starting threads. FMD how is this different to the last bunch of Tep threads ?

His first half was great. 77m off 7 runs, 18 tackles with none missed, the only other players that had similar stats were Ma'u, Terepo, and Pangai Jnr. His second half he was quiet with only 13m from 2 runs and 23 tackles with 4 missed.

Maybe we should look to limit his minutes, play him for the first 30, bring whoever on for the next 30 and then bring him back on for the final 20?
I was very surprised to see he only made 90m.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Playing on the edge it’s a bit hard to go looking for the ball. I say it’s Gutherson / Moses fault for not using him more/going to his side, in the second half rather then a fitness issue.

T-Boon

Coach
Does anyone think it is possible to teach him how not to drop the ball? He would be a good player if he didn't drop the ball all the time (Ive never seen a game he didn't drop a crucial ball).
Surely we can get someone in to teach him how to carry the ball in a way that it isn't going to get jolted out or lost in his efforts to play the ball.
He is another guy I would make an example out of. I would sit him until he sorts it out. He needs to double his efforts in training to hold onto the ball. I would have him doing hour long drills after training. While the goal kickers are practicing their extra duties.

Peni kicked arse last night, he and polar did not deserve to be on a losing team the way they played.
Both in Career best form.