What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack bird

wibble

Bench
I'd take him back. He is a premiership legend and at his best is brilliant. Maybe only the Sharks could unlock his best?

It is such a huge risk as an up and coming player leaving the structure that gives you success. We can call it the Snowden syndrome.

Inferno

Coach
Poor Birdy has been dropped this week.

According to Andrew McCullough it will:

"It'll take a bit of pressure off (being dropped) and make sure he gets his sternum right and mind right."

Lol, yep I'm sure it will ease the pressure on him.

Quigs

Immortal
Which one of the Donks 28 feeder clubs throughout Qld has Jackie Boy been flicked passed too.

Quigs

Immortal
Tell Jack just to find a quiet corner to himself and count the money.

I reckon that might give him a good old case of the feel goods.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Use the maccas voucher and get 48 more nugs.

Then comfort yourself by suckling your own tiddies.

That's what I do.

SadShark

Bench
Tore some tendons in his arm as he was ripping the Family Meal Deal bag open, going through the drive-thru @ Macca’s.

Hope he’s OK.

cb4

First Grade
All jokes a side, he I would have him back in a heart beat.
There is so much football in him it's not funny.
Some guys like Taupau and James Roberts are good at football because of size, strength, power, speed and athleticism.
Then you get guys like Bird who are just natural footy players.
For me, he is the perfect Luke Lewis replacement. The edge is the perfect spot for him, and he can ball play there.

Card Shark

Immortal
2 problems:

Does he want to play there?

Will his body hold up, with his arthritic condition - maybe his career will not be as long as you may think?

Special K

Coach
All jokes a side, he I would have him back in a heart beat.
There is so much football in him it's not funny.
Some guys like Taupau and James Roberts are good at football because of size, strength, power, speed and athleticism.
Then you get guys like Bird who are just natural footy players.
For me, he is the perfect Luke Lewis replacement. The edge is the perfect spot for him, and he can ball play there.
Luke Lewis is 6"2 and 105kg with very low body fat
Jack Bird is 6"0 and 93kg with a pudgy build

The theory of Bird playing edge I get and makes sense but the game has change and I think he is and out and out centre now. Wade Graham is only an inch taller and listed as a few kg heavier but the different body build makes it easier for him. Bird is extremely tough and runs hard lines but I just can't see him getting to Wade's level.

Tyrone Peachey and Bird would of been locks 10 years ago but the game has changed. Too small.

I'd welcome Bird back as a centre any day of the week.

sharkman73

Juniors
Luke Lewis is 6"2 and 105kg with very low body fat
Jack Bird is 6"0 and 93kg with a pudgy build

The theory of Bird playing edge I get and makes sense but the game has change and I think he is and out and out centre now. Wade Graham is only an inch taller and listed as a few kg heavier but the different body build makes it easier for him. Bird is extremely tough and runs hard lines but I just can't see him getting to Wade's level.

Tyrone Peachey and Bird would of been locks 10 years ago but the game has changed. Too small.

I'd welcome Bird back as a centre any day of the week.

He would need an off season or two to build up muscle, but I have no doubt he could play in then backrow somewhere.

Surely

Post Whore
Bennett is a myth these days, can’t get the best out of players at all.

Look at Milford, should be playing fullback where he is lethal, and slow old Darius who has a great passing game would probably be better suited at 5/8 to accomodate Milford. ATM Milford is out of position to accomodate Boyd.

He got nothing out of barba , arseholed parker and kept Thaiday , and has bird running around overweight.

Having said that bird injury is showing up in his defence big time, lots of arm grabbing stuff, not putting his body in the firing line.