What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Latimore

Life's Good

Coach
I panicked a bit when Vaughan & Graham came off after 20 for a breather & thought we’d struggle seeing the game was going the Sharks way. How wrong I was. Latimore & AhMau were mighty in defence & attack. AhMau made Gallen his b*tch & Latimore just kept motoring. Great contributions & exactly the sort of bench output you want from your forwards.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons Journeyman just enjoying the ride
Dragons Den News
r0_0_2739_1826_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TEAM MAN: There's no more popular man in the Dragons dressing sheds than Jeremy Latimore. Picture: Adam McLean.

COACHES call them “glue players.” The guys who don’t always get noticed, but they hold all the other moving parts in place.

They don’t match the talent – or certainly the pay packet – of their star teammates, but they don’t mind taking them down a peg or two.

Dragons prop Jeremy Latimore is one of those guys. The honest toiler on the park and the chief prankster on the Dragons bus.

Even as the self-described “journeymen” chats to The Mercury ahead of his 150th game this weekend, teammates walk past tossing barbs. He throws his own back. It’s all good fun.

“I try to bring them back to earth,” Latimore says of higher profle teammates.

“That’s my goal every day. I do open myself up and when they get a chance, they rip straight back into me which I deserve.

“I’ve just got to cop it on the chin. It makes it fun coming to training and having a laugh. It’s a great crew of boys who enjoy coming in every day.”

It's where the 31-year-old’s value lies according to coach Paul McGregor.

“He’s a team player and he's a person that goes to different clubs and he leaves with friendships,” McGregor said.

“There’s other people who bounce around clubs because of the opposite. He’s one who does the right thing everywhere he goes and that’s why he always finds a new club.

“He’s back with us now after being here in 2012. He’s always got energy, he’s always laughing. He knows where he’s at in his career, he knows he’s a squad member, an important one.

“He’s an experienced player and the other players absolutely adore him, so they love having him around.”

For the record, it’s five clubs and 10 seasons since debuting with the Eels in 2009. He’s also had stints at the Warriors, Panthers and Sharks, while he played his first season with the Dragons in 2012.

“I know every postcode in Sydney,” Latimore joked.

“I’ve been a bit of a journeyman but there’s been a lot of hard work to get where I am now. [150 games] is a little milestone I’m pretty happy with.

“At the end of the day it’s more about the game this week and going out and playing well, but it’s something I can sit back after the game and look on fondly.

“Before I played first grade I had a lot of self-doubt. I had a lot of injuries when I was young and you wonder if it’s ever going to happen.

“It’s up and down at times, life on the fringe, but I’ve enjoyed every step and I love playing rugby league with my teammates. I’ve met a lot of good people along the way so I definitely can’t complain.”

He also won’t complain if the 2018 season is his last, though he plans to stay on the ride as long as he can.

“I’m ready to go post-footy, I’m going to get into mortgage broking, so whatever happens happens but I’m enjoying my footy at the moment,” he said.

“Working can wait if I can get another year at the Dragons. I’m loving my time here so I won’t look to go anywhere else.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5429973/dragons-journeyman-just-enjoying-the-ride/?cs=3713

P.S Thread title should be re-sign Latimore.

ouryears

Bench
Lats is a legend and a very funny extremely cool man! its guys like Lats with his sense of humour who GLUE teams together and UPLIFT all around him, Im so glad hes back in the red v
Mate I couldn't agree more.
Personalities like him do glue the team together, a breath of fresh air.

And he stitched up Cameron Smith didn't he?

That's worth a $5 mill bonus.

ouryears

Bench
Dragons Journeyman just enjoying the ride
Dragons Den News
r0_0_2739_1826_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TEAM MAN: There's no more popular man in the Dragons dressing sheds than Jeremy Latimore. Picture: Adam McLean.

COACHES call them “glue players.” The guys who don’t always get noticed, but they hold all the other moving parts in place.

They don’t match the talent – or certainly the pay packet – of their star teammates, but they don’t mind taking them down a peg or two.

Dragons prop Jeremy Latimore is one of those guys. The honest toiler on the park and the chief prankster on the Dragons bus.

Even as the self-described “journeymen” chats to The Mercury ahead of his 150th game this weekend, teammates walk past tossing barbs. He throws his own back. It’s all good fun.

“I try to bring them back to earth,” Latimore says of higher profle teammates.

“That’s my goal every day. I do open myself up and when they get a chance, they rip straight back into me which I deserve.

“I’ve just got to cop it on the chin. It makes it fun coming to training and having a laugh. It’s a great crew of boys who enjoy coming in every day.”

It's where the 31-year-old’s value lies according to coach Paul McGregor.

“He’s a team player and he's a person that goes to different clubs and he leaves with friendships,” McGregor said.

“There’s other people who bounce around clubs because of the opposite. He’s one who does the right thing everywhere he goes and that’s why he always finds a new club.

“He’s back with us now after being here in 2012. He’s always got energy, he’s always laughing. He knows where he’s at in his career, he knows he’s a squad member, an important one.

“He’s an experienced player and the other players absolutely adore him, so they love having him around.”

For the record, it’s five clubs and 10 seasons since debuting with the Eels in 2009. He’s also had stints at the Warriors, Panthers and Sharks, while he played his first season with the Dragons in 2012.

“I know every postcode in Sydney,” Latimore joked.

“I’ve been a bit of a journeyman but there’s been a lot of hard work to get where I am now. [150 games] is a little milestone I’m pretty happy with.

“At the end of the day it’s more about the game this week and going out and playing well, but it’s something I can sit back after the game and look on fondly.

“Before I played first grade I had a lot of self-doubt. I had a lot of injuries when I was young and you wonder if it’s ever going to happen.

“It’s up and down at times, life on the fringe, but I’ve enjoyed every step and I love playing rugby league with my teammates. I’ve met a lot of good people along the way so I definitely can’t complain.”

He also won’t complain if the 2018 season is his last, though he plans to stay on the ride as long as he can.

“I’m ready to go post-footy, I’m going to get into mortgage broking, so whatever happens happens but I’m enjoying my footy at the moment,” he said.

“Working can wait if I can get another year at the Dragons. I’m loving my time here so I won’t look to go anywhere else.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5429973/dragons-journeyman-just-enjoying-the-ride/?cs=3713

P.S Thread title should be re-sign Latimore.
Geeze Lats has a great attitude, proud to call him a SAINT!

possm

Coach
Geeze Lats has a great attitude, proud to call him a SAINT!
Ah Mau is the ideal bench prop and really the Dragons could have done a lot worse than buy a similar player to him for season 2018. Yes Latimore can play but I see he and Allgood as genuine backups rather than first grade bench players. It is a real shame that our young props Lawrie and Kerr have not stepped up because this is the year we needed for that to happen.

At season's end I think the Dragons should consider replacing Ah Mau, Allgood, Latimore, Kerr and Lawrie with one of really good young props with first grade experience, such as Klemmer and at the same time buy a young first grade prop to partner Graham on the bench. I wouldn't keep Kerr or Lawrie unless we hired a reserve grade coach who is good at bringing young props through to first grade level.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I spoke to the father of Alex Ranieri ex Dragons Reserve Grader many years ago and he said that Bennett had all the Dragons props lined up and ready to go. I would suggest that we not let any props go unless we have replacements. Allgood and Latimore are good influences around the place and we need to line up a replacement for Ah Mau as a matter of urgency. The only forward that I would give a go is Host who plays tight football. At the moment Lawrie, Leilua, Sele and Ross make stupid mistakes. Sele has a high work rate but offers more quantity than quality. They all need another 18 months to develop.

ouryears

Bench
Latimore is only a legend in your mind. lol
What i mean by a legend is not that he is a legend player or a champion player.....BUT he is a very very good club man. He is a happy positive person, a funny guy and he embraces everyone.

Frank, I am disappointed in you

Really, you do not understand a legend can be a person who has other great attributes that do not include being the most talented.

Very disappointing!

Frank Facer

First Grade
What i mean by a legend is not that he is a legend player or a champion player.....BUT he is a very very good club man. He is a happy positive person, a funny guy and he embraces everyone.

Frank, I am disappointed in you

Really, you do not understand a legend can be a person who has other great attributes that do not include being the most talented.

Very disappointing!
I have been told I am a legend on many occasions. I tell them not yet. lol

nontime111

Juniors
I like Lawrie also, He played well on the weekend looked every part a first grader, Hes got a lot of mungrel , for me hes ready for first grade right now, the more games he gets the better he will get I would never let him go at this stage hes going to be a cracker by the looks, I think hell fit on with our tough pack perfectly. I even liked his hit on Maloney, even though it was a penalty it was good to see his attitude of wanting to smash the opposing halves I think hell be a beauty!

Surely you can't be serious ?

Not the biggest Latimore fan, but over the last few weeks he has really stepped up, a couple of his goal line tackles lately, the one against the .storm and again against Penrith have been rippers, he’s even running harder.

Add that to the fact Mary won’t give anyone else a run, and you have a first grade prop.