What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wouId actually offer the dogs a straight swap for Norman (as long as Woods contract isn’t f**ken stupid in years 3 and 4)

My concern about Woods is that he just seems to peter to a halt, while the defence gets plenty of time to get back onside. Just seems like he has no urgency. Although looks can be deceiving.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Stupid in years 3-4?

It's fking stupid now!

Yeah but what is it compared to what the cap is in those years.

The article above states:

“There's no way the Tigers would even consider taking the full freight of Woods' $800,000 contract, however it could come down to how desperate the Bulldogs are in freeing up space and if they are willing to make an Mbye-type contribution to make it happen.”

I reckon the dogs could potentially be interested if contributing $150k or so per year which wouId free up $650k for them. $650k wouId be good value for Woods. Give them Norman to make them bite?

BTW I think I read dogs were contributing $250K for Moses.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Woods wouId be a great pick up, he is actually going better then RGC and is defensively pretty good (something BA loves):

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/21/numbers-dont-lie-the-origin-case-for-aaron-woods/

And as opposed to Klemmer (who wouId also be good), Woods has an offload.

Him and Paulo wouId transform our pack massively, two big boys that can offload!!

My concern with woods is that he plays to have those stats on the board. His off the ball involvement appears low, his decoy runs you know he isn't getting the ball. Wouldn't be a fan of the signing, would much rather someone who may not get the numbers on the sheet like Woods does but has a higjer energy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
My concern about Woods is that he just seems to peter to a halt, while the defence gets plenty of time to get back onside. Just seems like he has no urgency. Although looks can be deceiving.

His post contact metres seem pretty good:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/21/numbers-dont-lie-the-origin-case-for-aaron-woods/

Better then RGC but obviously you need to work it out per run.

I really reckon he would make a massive difference to our side. Plus his leadership skills wouId be a bonus.