What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Gronk

Staff member
Junior Burger improves our attack but makes our defence worse. A fair trade, IMO, given what we’ve shown this year:

Utility: Gutherson, Hayne (30), Salmon, Smith, Takairangi
Fullback: French
W/C: Aukafolau (21), Auva'a (26), Davis (23), Hoffman, G.Jennings (25), M.Jennings, Leleisiuao (21)
Half: Moses, Norman
Hooker: King (27), Mahoney (20), K. Pritchard (24)
Edge forward: Gower (33), Ma'u, Moeroa, Niukore (22), Scott (34), Stone (21), Williams (30)
Tight forward: Alvaro, Brown, Evans, Mannah, Matagi (30), Terepo (27), Vave (29)

Utility: Gutherson (25), Salmon, Smith, Takairangi (30)
Fullback: French (23)
W/C: Hoffman (31), M.Jennings (31)
Half: Moses (25), Norman (28)
Hooker: -
Edge forward: Ma'u (31), Moeroa (24)
Tight forward: Alvaro (26), Brown, Evans, Mannah (31), Paulo

Utility: Salmon (21), Smith (28)
Fullback: -
W/C: -
Half: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: Brown, Evans (28), Paulo

Utility: -
Tight forward: Brown (28), Paulo

Utility: -
Tight forward: Paulo (29)

So we (officially) have at least 16 merkins in next year's squad.

BA says we have 20 under contract in 2019.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...s-2018-season?station=sydney&geoRedirect=true

How do you interpret that Pou ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He also said with the 20 players contract comment, they have a few players coming to the end of his career.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
DA, Stone, GL, Maloney and Salmon all on top 30 contracts in 2018 not development contracts ?
Salmon was at least announced as being a three years signing, so we know he is contracted for next year. Aukafolau, Leleisiuao, Mahoney and Stone never had their contract length announced but there's no reason to think they are off contract. I'm certain they would all be in next year's squad but since there's nothing official I can't include them beyond this year until announced otherwise.

JokerEel

First Grade
So who is the team replacing Edwards with? They would have let him go for no reason..
Also they are trying to get Scott medically retired so.must be using the cash for someone?!?

Bazal

Post Whore
So who is the team replacing Edwards with? They would have let him go for no reason..
Also they are trying to get Scott medically retired so.must be using the cash for someone?!?

I suppose we'll find out over the off season. No reason to waste a cap slot now unless we can get a quality player, which is probably unlikely.

We should put his money towards signing TPJ or Koroisau/Segeyaro IMO. Or even Klemmer if that pans out by some miracle.

I suppose medically retiring Scott frees up enough to potentially top up someone already on the books this season, but I'm not sure Kenny would have enough left for the year to make much difference. Or if we even have any of his money left. His money will be very useful next season though

Next year is sounding promising, (great recruits permitting) but it usually does. I'm the eternal optimist but geezus H f**king Christ! When will we win it? Sometimes it feels like we never will.

Noise

Coach
Next year is sounding promising, (great recruits permitting) but it usually does. I'm the eternal optimist but geezus H f**king Christ! When will we win it? Sometimes it feels like we never will.

Junior Paulo is promising but as yet, what else is promising about next year? I really don't think BA is looking for a quality hooker. He loves Kaysa and Will Smith is already signed as our back up.

Are there any wingers available that aren't named Brett Morris and that want to play wing?( Oates wants to play 2nd row)

Norman is a knob head but who are we going to replace him with if we get rid of him? Gutherson isn't a half and please God not Austin! Hayne maybe?

Junior Paulo is promising but as yet, what else is promising about next year? I really don't think BA is looking for a quality hooker. He loves Kaysa and Will Smith is already signed as our back up.

Are there any wingers available that aren't named Brett Morris and that want to play wing?( Oates wants to play 2nd row)

Norman is a knob head but who are we going to replace him with if we get rid of him? Gutherson isn't a half and please God not Austin! Hayne maybe?
Whats looking promising is that we have some cash to spend and hopefully some decent juniors to blood.

Noise

Coach
Whats looking promising is that we have some cash to spend and hopefully some decent juniors to blood.

You obviously didn't read Pou's epic analysis of how much cash we probably have for next year, ie. it might not be as much as we think

Every other year we hear about our great juniors coming through. They rarely materialise.

You obviously didn't read Pou's epic analysis of how much cash we probably have for next year, ie. it might not be as much as we think

Every other year we hear about our great juniors coming through. They rarely materialise.
What would that deathrider know? I'll stay optimistic until I see otherwise.
A GF win would unite his joint like its never known. How f**kn good would that be?

Latest posts