What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
No changes. Please. Yes we were error ridden but the fact is we haven’t had a consistent 17 week in week out

If we keep the same 17 fit and healthy they will gel, can only get better from here

Yes that includes Lolo at fullback, Chee Kam in the backrow, Liddle at 9 and Fonua in the centres

I agree but I thought Chee-Kam was really poor. Liddle has good moments but plenty of bad ones. Fonua looks slow in the centres but he gives us a lot out there.

Clifferd

Coach
I agree but I thought Chee-Kam was really poor. Liddle has good moments but plenty of bad ones. Fonua looks slow in the centres but he gives us a lot out there.

I’d still persist. We need to stick solid, no use swapping and changing after 1 week

Just work on what we need to at training and we’ll improve

WT Unity

Juniors
No changes. Please. Yes we were error ridden but the fact is we haven’t had a consistent 17 week in week out

If we keep the same 17 fit and healthy they will gel, can only get better from here

Yes that includes Lolo at fullback, Chee Kam in the backrow, Liddle at 9 and Fonua in the centres

I agree that we now need to build some continuity in the team that plays week in and week out. I always think of a stat that Peter Sterling seems to hold in very high esteem and that is the numbers of players used in a season - the less the better as far as he is concerned...I think I agree!

The 17 today (despite looking average at some stages of the game) is close to our best...with Sue and MWK as our depth / fill in players and the more this lot can play week in week out and build combinations the better we will be.

We were pretty average today and we only just managed to beat a Bulldogs team who pretty much have NOTHING! They're bog average (actually they are well below average).

I thought Luke Brooks was great despite getting balls thrown at his feet...above his head...behind him and at some stages being the only one to look to just run Fuc*in straight...

I agree with no changes, at least at the moment. We can't just change for the sake of changing, we didn't lose by 30, we played another team that has had the wood over us for a while (or so it seems) or simply rush Reynolds back in, he needs game time but there's no way he can play 80 minutes straight away.

That was Chee Kam's 1st game in starting side in the 2nd row wasn't it? lets give him another go. He was better than last week.

I certainly agree with Front Rower,
Liddle is our number one hooker at the moment
I still think he should have played more minutes at 9 instead of ET today. It should be Liddle replaced by Reynolds and not Taylor. Then when match fit, Little must play more minutes building up to 80 and Reynolds to start at 5/8.

Front Rower also said,
Reynolds has to go to 5/8th as soon as he is able to. Why does he look so good? Because he goes forward at speed, not sideways like Benji.
What about when Benji ran (and walked as well) sideways and simply handed it to someone standing still who simply took the tackle, it was like he didn't want to be tackled. To defend him though, his goal line defence was good and 'that pass' for the try was very good, just ashame we have to wait another 6 weeks to see the same.

I asked a few weeks back what does Lawrence offer? Well I'm happy to say after todays effort, plenty, well done, what a game. But he did not look OK at the end of the game so he might miss next week.

Aloiai was good, ran hard, tackled well and used his size. He has to be in the 17 every week.

Next week should be a good test, the rosters will be without a few perhaps, maybe? But they could have a few who miss out on SOO and have something to prove. For the Tigers sake, I hope they are missing Tedesco, Ferguson, Mitchell, Keary, Cordner, and Napa. For NSW sake, I hope that's not the case ;)

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
Just thinking about the origin team selection in the context of next Sundays match v the Rorters....

Geez I hope the blues should pick Tedesco, Ferguson, Aubusson, Mitchell, Keary & Cordner and the Maroons pick Friend....

Front-Rower

First Grade
I know it’s from left field but if Liddle physically can’t go 80, I’d like to see how benji goes at sharing the dummy half role. For mine, his passing should be good enough and he would be able to scoot from dummy half late in the half catching defenders offside.

Clifferd

Coach
We scored 3 tries to them 1. Goal kicking let us down big time

Bulldogs seem to get the opposition into a scrappy affair. Sharks are on fire atm yet only beat that same team by 6

Front-Rower

First Grade
We scored 3 tries to them 1. Goal kicking let us down big time

Agreed. Masters shanking that penalty is not first grade standard however the other two were tough kicks.

Though with that penalty, the refs should have let him take it again the way Klemmer was carrying on with the orange towel. That must have put him off in some way.

WT Unity

Juniors
I know it’s from left field but if Liddle physically can’t go 80, I’d like to see how benji goes at sharing the dummy half role. For mine, his passing should be good enough and he would be able to scoot from dummy half late in the half catching defenders offside.

I disagree in a way.....For the following reason - I've got to ask "Why the hell can't he"?
Jayden Brailey at the Sharks can play 80 (or the best part of it)...he's young and fairly slightly built and he is handling it!!!
Are we mollycoddling Liddle? - Should IC read him the riot act? -> Something along the lines of "harden the Fu*k up Jacob" or "Wake up Jacob your not in Kansas anymore"

Play 65 - 80 minutes...learn your trade....don't look for shortcuts....don't make unforced errors....forget you ever saw Robbie Farah try to milk penalties all the time....you WILL have to make 35 - 40 tackles a game cos you're a hooker...be patient and selective as to when to run...but don't be scared to run

He's talented and I think it's tome to throw him in at the deep end and force him to swim!

WT Unity

Juniors
Agreed. Masters shanking that penalty is not first grade standard however the other two were tough kicks.

Though with that penalty, the refs should have let him take it again the way Klemmer was carrying on with the orange towel. That must have put him off in some way.
Yeah I saw Klemmer doing that - I don't think it's allowed....

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Luke Brooks was great despite getting balls thrown at his feet...above his head...behind him and at some stages being the only one to look to just run Fuc*in straight...

He carried us for a big chunk of the game. He is turning into a great player.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Lawrence was fantastic in terms of his effort today.....And he is an extremely brave player!

And if the ref's were more in touch with the Modern Game we would have won more comfortably, the disallowed try with Chris's interference was laughable Faitala-Mariner fell over the Dogs player FORAN anyway taking him out of any defensive effort, hell of an effort Chris, Kudos to you!.

WT Unity

Juniors
No, it’s not. Even the guys on fox made reference to it and sorta said he should have been given another go

Not surprised that it was picked up on Fox - Unfortunately I was watching on 9 and it wasn't even mentioned!

Their coverage is so far behind Fox it's not funny...

Gus and Rabbits were probably arguing over the lumens of the western light tower whilst looking for Fittler to comment on the Rye grass being over sowed with Kooch or something else similarly irelevant

Clifferd

Coach
And if the ref's were more in touch with the Modern Game we would have won more comfortably, the disallowed try with Chris's interference was laughable Faitala-Mariner fell over the Dogs player FORAN anyway taking him out of any defensive effort, hell of an effort Chris, Kudos to you!.

I thought that was bs. I thought as long as you run on the outside shoulder of decoy the decoys entilted to run through. It was just a poor read by the dogs

Thought grub was great

Liddell has his worst game in first grade but is a better player then that

Lolohea was hot and cold but mainly cold, not sure why he wasn’t goal kicking

Liddell's first run he picked up a ton of ground then pushed a stupid pass. He went into his shell after that. I didn't see him pick up an injury but it was baffling that grub didn't come on when he went off. Seems ridiculous to have 2 hookers in the side and neither on the park for an extended period.