What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin undersells in Melbourne (Or: The Telecrap shits on the game again)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So latest predictions are 85k tickets sold at steep pricing plus the Victorian Government paying a fortune to get the game there. Big win for RL in Melbourne this week.

I noticed that NSW v QLD at Suncorp last week attracted a massive crowd of around 15k last weekend - lol @ RU

GongPanther

Referee
I had a look at picking up tickets to this one and flying across for it at the start of year and all the Ticketek website would give me were seats right up in the nosebleeds.

Had another look at the Ticketek website yesterday after reading this article and got offered platinum seats that designated “Late Release Platinum”.

I assume someone involved with the planning of this game decided to hold back a whole heap of seats to potentially cash in on Origin hype and flood the market with extra seats.

Only problem is the giant myth that Victoria loves sports (Victoria loves AFL) and releasing tickets so late before Origin means the average punter will probably struggle to get from interstate for the game.

View attachment 20375
It would be much cheaper and better fun watching the game down the pub,chatting up the barmaid,and waking up the next morning with a new girlfriend. ;)

barneybuck888

Juniors
So latest predictions are 85k tickets sold at steep pricing plus the Victorian Government paying a fortune to get the game there. Big win for RL in Melbourne this week.

I noticed that NSW v QLD at Suncorp last week attracted a massive crowd of around 15k last weekend - lol @ RU
Big win for Melbourne with that many visitors in winter as well.Whatever the Vic govt paid it was a good investment..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For all the hand-wringing about prices, I paid $15 for a 'restricted view' seat.

Turns out the only thing I couldn't see was the last 50cm of the in-goal area because of the advertising boards.

There were also $35 standing room tickets made available at the back of each lower-level bay in the days prior to the match.

De_8JwTU0AA5SHh.jpg:large

There's some egg on faces though, not just of Buzz and his Tele cronies, but some of the sheep at the start of this thread. Only 4k less than last time when you consider the calibre of player that's missing - pretty incredible.

hrundi99

First Grade
In the Tele today Buzz raves about the 87k crowd in one section then claims league is not a national sport because a paper got the teams around the wrong way. Can't have it both ways, mate...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
First problem is reading the Tele.

The sooner print media and muckrakers like Buzz die out the better

Reactions: gUt

Latest posts