What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita chooses Tonga over NSW

A few years back Israel Folau signed to play AFL while playing for the Broncos, his club, state and national captain at time, Darren Lockyer, came out and publicly stated that he shouldn't be selected for Queensland as its a very special team to play for and guess what! Mal Meniga, the most successful coach in Origin history picked him anyways and they won.

Mal would do anything and pick anyone to win. He'd reverse a vasectomy to win a footy game...oh wait he's already done that.

betcats

Referee
Haha, look forward to see the commitment shown by those selected to send their match fees to charity. No way will they see the opportunity to make some cabbage.

I will give every cent I ever earn from Rugby league to charity if they will give me a run! LOL Saying you will do something and actually doing it are two different things, especially when It was obvious he was never going to get picked.

Eion

First Grade
I will give every cent I ever earn from Rugby league to charity if they will give me a run! LOL Saying you will do something and actually doing it are two different things, especially when It was obvious he was never going to get picked.
Yeah right, can you imagine if he reneged?! Would be almost worth it to see the jimmy rustling!

JamesRustle

First Grade
Haha, look forward to see the commitment shown by those selected to send their match fees to charity. No way will they see the opportunity to make some cabbage.
Which other bone head came out and tried to bribe their way into the side by announcing they'd donate the match fee (less tax and agents fees) to charity.

He was probably going to donate it to the Andrew Fafita Foundation and pay it out as a wage to his wife.

Eion

First Grade
Which other bone head came out and tried to bribe their way into the side by announcing they'd donate the match fee (less tax and agents fees) to charity.

He was probably going to donate it to the Andrew Fafita Foundation and pay it out as a wage to his wife.
Speaking of Jimmy Rustling! If he was so keen to bribe his way into the side maybe...just maybe... he wouldn’t be playing for Tonga.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Speaking of Jimmy Rustling! If he was so keen to bribe his way into the side maybe...just maybe... he wouldn’t be playing for Tonga.
Indeed. If he wasn't playing for Tonga there wouldn't be a conflict and no need for offering up his match fee, as he's in good enough form to warrant selection on merit. He wants it all, which is his right. Freddy wants full commitment, which is his right... and he's the boss.

Eion

First Grade
Indeed. If he wasn't playing for Tonga there wouldn't be a conflict and no need for offering up his match fee, as he's in good enough form to warrant selection on merit. He wants it all, which is his right. Freddy wants full commitment, which is his right... and he's the boss.
Fair enough. Let’s hope his ‘good / motivated blokes only’ mantra doesn’t bite him on the arse...these are footy players after all and, for example, Jimmy is overdue for a Thailand trip and Latrell a rest.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Fair enough. Let’s hope his ‘good / motivated blokes only’ mantra doesn’t bite him on the arse...these are footy players after all and, for example, Jimmy is overdue for a Thailand trip and Latrell a rest.
Ha... let's hope they all need a stint in a Thai rehab facility after a 3-0 series win!

kdalymc

Bench
Milford’s playing for Samoa this week, so can everyone shut up about how “Fifita can’t play for nsw anymore”
So dumb

Dave_

Juniors
Origin is too fast for a lumbering plodder with slow ptb's.

I'll never forget his pea hearted performances in Games 2 & 3 last year... and neither has NSW.

Same goes for duds like Graham, Jackson and co. Plodner is very lucky.