What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

LESStar58

Referee
Problem is Tem's 57 now. I'm sure they want someone a good generation or so younger. Taika Waititi is pretty "it" in Hollywood right now but moreso as a director, as an actor hes not really an action guy. Would be a buit of a shame if they went away from the now established canon of the Fetts/clones being Polynesian actors.

I guess it depends where the story is set. Apparently, it is an "origin" story (didn't we already have one of those?) but I would like to see it start right after Jabba's sail barge blows up and we see him escape from the Sarlaac.

sandshark

Bench
Can we start taking bets on which kiwi actor they’ll get to star in it? Tem Morrison is too old to play his own son, you’d think.
You already know that they're going to retcon Boba into another ethnicity.
Depends on when the movie is set but going by the books, Boba's armour makes an appearance after his "death".
Already calls for a Female or someone who is not Boba to take the mantle.

I would love it if they cast an islander for the role, but Hollywood is Hollywood.

Storm13

Juniors
H
You already know that they're going to retcon Boba into another ethnicity.
Depends on when the movie is set but going by the books, Boba's armour makes an appearance after his "death".
Already calls for a Female or someone who is not Boba to take the mantle.

I would love it if they cast an islander for the role, but Hollywood is Hollywood.
Can you imagine the shit storm that would happen if the actor for Boba is not an Islander?? Be f**king off the charts.

Wouldn' be surprised if the clone aspect of the character is taken further, where a new clone takes up the mantle of Boba Fett after his demise/survival from the Sarlac. Could have Morrison and a younger actor play the character.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hasn’t been doing well at the box office oh well I guess the public have been overexposed with Star Wars lately, seriously did we need a Solo story no way it would have been better to do a Kenobi film first

sandshark

Bench
H

Can you imagine the shit storm that would happen if the actor for Boba is not an Islander?? Be f**king off the charts.

Wouldn' be surprised if the clone aspect of the character is taken further, where a new clone takes up the mantle of Boba Fett after his demise/survival from the Sarlac. Could have Morrison and a younger actor play the character.

It would be cool to hear Morrison's voice and there are a few decent kiwi/islander actors around at the moment.
No reason why they shouldn't keep him that way.

sandshark

Bench
Hasn’t been doing well at the box office oh well I guess the public have been overexposed with Star Wars lately
I wonder who thought it was a great idea to have a movie which a lot didn't want, which had a lot of behind the scenes problems (directors sacked, stolen promotion material, etc) and put it right after Avengers and Deadpool..
It probably would have done ok in December.

Storm13

Juniors
Also the fac
I wonder who thought it was a great idea to have a movie which a lot didn't want, which had a lot of behind the scenes problems (directors sacked, stolen promotion material, etc) and put it right after Avengers and Deadpool..
It probably would have done ok in December.
Also The Last Jedi pissed off at least 50% of the Star Wars fans, which I am one of them and I also refuse to see Solo in theaters.

LESStar58

Referee
Seeing Solo again tomorrow with some friends who have yet to see it.

I can only imagine their reaction to it.

Storm13

Juniors
I only joke.

I think if Leia and Tarkin were just recast in Rouge One in their small roles it would of helped the actor who played Solo. Would of eased the expectation on him. But in saying that, everything you want to know about Solo is in the Original Trilogy so was always a big ask.

Last Week

Bench
Eh. It was OK. Maul was clearly just fan service. If you want to know more about Maul from here, watch Clone Wars and Rebels.

I'll probably never watch it again.

LESStar58

Referee
Eh. It was OK. Maul was clearly just fan service. If you want to know more about Maul from here, watch Clone Wars and Rebels.

I'll probably never watch it again.

Methinks the Benioff and Weiss TV show will have EC in it and it will be something set in the period between Solo and Rebels/New Hope.

sandshark

Bench
Methinks the Benioff and Weiss TV show will have EC in it and it will be something set in the period between Solo and Rebels/New Hope.
They're doing their own set of movies though and Jon Favreau is doing the TV series.
Should be the other way around but Lucasfilm are inept when it comes to planning.

edabomb

First Grade
I thought making Lando obsessive over his sexbot was a bizarre choice.

He was a hundred times more upset than Woody was over his lady.

They really made Lando a beta.

LESStar58

Referee
Ok... actually better on the 2nd viewing.

Teras Kasi gets a mention. Remember the shithouse Street Fighter style video game of the late 90s? I caught the reference first time around but I thought it was a cool little Legends tidbit. A quick review of Wookiepedia reminds me that it was also mentioned in Shadows Of The Empire which I am adamant should be retained as part of the canon.

Only caught the Aurra Sing reference on 2nd viewing. Prequel era bounty hunter who hunted Jedi. Expect to see how Beckett killed her in a comic series at some point.

Quira wearing Lando's Bespin Cape.

"Duel Of The Fates" during Maul's cameo.

Nice little bits of fan service and tying in prequel and classic trilogies. Again, better on second watch.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Was better than the Last Jedi but couldn't be worse.

I gather by the ending there will be sequels to this as there was no Jabba.....and his love took off to see Darth Maul.

sandshark

Bench
Reports coming out that the film is set to lose at least $50 million. Disney should probably lose whoever thought that releasing it between bigger films and not in December would be good.

What does this mean for Disney's era of Star Wars? Probably nothing. Their previous films have all made over a billion and they'll most likely continue to release a new film every year for those big bucks.

LESStar58

Referee
Reports coming out that the film is set to lose at least $50 million. Disney should probably lose whoever thought that releasing it between bigger films and not in December would be good.

What does this mean for Disney's era of Star Wars? Probably nothing. Their previous films have all made over a billion and they'll most likely continue to release a new film every year for those big bucks.

Kathleen Kennedy needs to go.

Latest posts