What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths should be favourites for the premiership

Clifferd

Coach
We started that season 1-3 and after 10 weeks were still only 5-5. We were mediocre in those early weeks. We are much closer to premiership form now than we were at this point in 2014.

You're right we have room to improve but we're closer than any other team to going all the way.

Penrith > souff sinney

Clifferd

Coach
BM's wisdom is the weeks before this one showed we have the top end talent to go all the way, yesterday showed we also have crucial depth to withstand the origin headaches as well as any potential future injuries.

We are unquestionably the form team of the comp. Dominating forwards, the best hooker in the game, halves who control the game, and outside backs who know how to score plenty. Both attack and defense, we have the best attack in the game and a top 4 defense.

In my mind the premiership contenders are Souths (best attack), Panthers (best defense) , Dragons and Storm. In that order.

I can smell premiership number 22.

Souths have the 6th best defense in the Comp. that’s not top 4

yobbo84

First Grade
Penrith have had by far the easiest draw in the NRL so far. They've only had 3 games against top 8 opponents. On the other hand the Dragons have had the hardest - they're still the yardstick IMO.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Certainly looked better than us last night. Minus some of there better players too.

Long season, injuries etc. But contenders this year.

Penrith have had by far the easiest draw in the NRL so far. They've only had 3 games against top 8 components. On the other hand the Dragons have had the hardest - they're still the yardstick IMO.
Smashed Merge and gave your plods a 14 point head start. Neither side worries me like Melbourne

wazdog

Juniors
Our youth policy is now paying off and our depth singings this season are filling in as needed keeping the starting 17 under pressure to perform.

I still don't think we've got full value out of Gagai yet, so there's definitely upside there when he and GI are back from Origin.

At the start of the season I was hopeful for a strong season and a possible top eight finish with Sutton just getting to his 300 games with more games from the bench.

I like most supporters are pleasantly surprised with how well we are doing this season. Are we premiership contenders? Not yet and who wants that tag anyway.

David brown

Juniors
Penrith have had by far the easiest draw in the NRL so far. They've only had 3 games against top 8 opponents. On the other hand the Dragons have had the hardest - they're still the yardstick IMO.
Souffs fans are the dumbest merkins I swear..

We already won that. Roosters have no juniors. Coogee and Randwick are Rabbitohs territory
You are flat wrong. Roosters have juniors in Clovelly, Bondi and Paddington. Victor Radley is a graduate of Clovelly Crocodiles. Roosters deserve to have Coogee and Randwick back as well.

BranVan3000

Coach
You are flat wrong. Roosters have juniors in Clovelly, Bondi and Paddington. Victor Radley is a graduate of Clovelly Crocodiles. Roosters deserve to have Coogee and Randwick back as well.
All of those take part in Souths Juniors comp because Roosters and their Leagues Club don’t want to put any money into junior development. How do Roosters deserve two suburbs that Souths Juniors have spent half a century developing? Meanwhile Roosters are happy to let Rugby and AFL jump into thee little territory they do have and gain a major foothold

Besides this was surveyed a few years ago and Coogee, Randwick and even Clovelly are majority Rabbitohs supporters

DC_fan

Coach
scoring 42 points tonight was great, giving up 24 was not. But a win is a win. It's now seven straight wins for the team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They’re definitely a serious contender. Personally I still have Penrith, Saints and Storm ahead of them. Attack is slick however that defence won’t win you a Premiership.

Also had virtually no injuries to contend with this year.