What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Eels v Knights

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
Don't see any need to change the side except for Esee coming back replacing one of the bench, think Denniss should stay even if Ross fit, possibly Ross for Sio but thinking don't alter the 13

Glendale

Juniors
I don't think there's much doubt that something happened during the week to cause a huge shift in attitude, effort and application within that team last night. Parra were shit house no doubt but we stuck at doing all the things we haven't been doind for a hell of a lot longer.

My guess is the Sharks game was a huge wake up call for all of them.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Again with the Ross bagging. Haven't seen him moved three in cause he can't defend yet.

Exactly.
Ross has done more for this club than most in these lean years.
Sure he hasn’t set the world on fire this season but we are all happy to get rid of him meanwhile we make excuses after excuses for Sione.

slotmachine

First Grade
Sione would have to be the best attacking centre in the comp to make up for the constant circus act in defence. He's not.

I looked up these stats before the Sharks game.

Ross (7 games): 2 tries, 1 try assist, 3 line breaks, 15 tackle breaks, 91m per game
Moga (3 games): 2 tries, 0 try assist, 3 line breaks, 3 tackle breaks, 96m per game
Sione (11 games): 3 tries, 2 try assists, 3 line breaks, 21 tackle breaks, 80m per game

Against the Sharks
Ross Dawg (in 40 minutes) 0 tries, 0 try assists, 0 line breaks, 1 tackle break, 8 runs 77m
Sione: 1 try, 0 try assists, 0 line breaks, 0 tackle breaks, 4 runs 37m

In before stats don't mean anything, it's just the vibe that sione is better with the ball etc etc.

slotmachine

First Grade
He played OK last night. The bar for a good Sione game is so low these days that if he puts in an adequate performance the Sione fan club soil themselves. But yes, he didn't let in one or two tries against a team that lost half their spine, so drop Ross.

Anyone saying Ross has been worse at centre this year is being wilfully ignorant.

Noname36

First Grade
Again with the Ross bagging. Haven't seen him moved three in cause he can't defend yet.

How is someone saying Dennis should hold his spot over Ross (when we won by 24 and Dennis played well) bagging Ross? It’s what will probably and deserves to happen.

You’re so fixated with Sione it’s sad. If he were out and Dennis came in i wouldn’t expect him to come back into the side over Dennis either.

slotmachine

First Grade
That doesn't make any sense. Ross didn't have an opportunity to be good or bad. He probably would have gone ok against the team coming last without half their spine too.

mozza91

Coach
That doesn't make any sense. Ross didn't have an opportunity to be good or bad. He probably would have gone ok against the team coming last without half their spine too.
Ross was terrible before going off against Cronulla. Denniss looked better than what Ross has. He can come back via NSW Cup.

Noname36

First Grade
The point is why drop Ross when he hasn't been our worst centre this year?

Coaches at every club, after every game, drop players for one reason or another for games. Balance of the squad/players skill set compared to the opposition, how they trained during the week, etc. There are always some people that won’t be happy with the decisions, but we’re not the ones paid to live or die by those decisions. If Ross had been playing well he would have kept his spot regardless but he hasn’t been. In fact in my opinion he’d been the worst of our outside backs in the last month (which is really saying something). The last two games in particular he’s been diabolical but I’m sure you won’t agree and that’s fine.

Either way the decision didn’t hurt the squad and I have a good feeling that’s why you’re really pissed.

slotmachine

First Grade
Ross wasn't dropped, he's injured.

Not sure why I'm bothering with crew who don't know that. Might give up. Laters.

Yosh

Coach
I thought Denniss went pretty well last night. Not saying he deserves the spot over Ross but he does deserve to be in the mix. I don't think we lost much with Denniss there in defence or offense. Ross probably would have done alright as well but I personally thought Denniss with the ball in hand, had some stuff in his locker that I haven't seen from Ross.

Sione has not played well all season but the more I see him play, the more convinced that he is a strike backrower. He runs good lines and defends well in the tackle but makes bad reads time and time again. Such a pity he has had such big concussion issues because I'd love to see him given a role like Luke Lewis. Real shame.

Bartwah

Juniors
He played OK last night. The bar for a good Sione game is so low these days that if he puts in an adequate performance the Sione fan club soil themselves. But yes, he didn't let in one or two tries against a team that lost half their spine, so drop Ross.

Anyone saying Ross has been worse at centre this year is being wilfully ignorant.
He’s been moved from the backrow to centre in the last preseason. He’s had to change his body composition and learn a new way of defending. Sure there’s blokes supporting Sione no matter what, which is what we should be doing, instead of bagging the bloke into the ground, which you seem to have a weird obsession of doing. Stop carrying on

Woosh

Head Moderator
The point is why drop Ross when he hasn't been our worst centre this year?

Exactly this.
Sione had an okay game against a team coming last.
He’s a good guy so we will just ignore the rubbish he has been dishing up all year.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Hey, I’m more than happy to be proven wrong in this instance. Brown is a really good coach who is able to draw out some good performances despite the personnel so I should have given us more of a shot in this one.

We all know it was just an excuse to use Pearce for our losses.
But if we were to win it’s all because of Brown.
It’s getting old.

*yawn*

Latest posts