What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
That was a game that we should have won. We just lack some class plus we aren't disciplined enough in attack.

Reynolds is starting to look good. Benji is looking slow and old. Fonua is a beast but he makes mistakes and he is slow. Thompson is quality but not a game breaker. Maybe a bigger winger scores that try although I'm not giving him a hard time. He is our most consistent player. Masters has been good at times but today he was real bad. Same as Chee-Kam.

Our middle forwards are pretty good though but Packer doesn't make many metres per hit-up. He doesn't really threaten at all with his runs. Matulino, Twal, Eisenhuth and Aloiai are all dangerous up the middle. We don't though have a good dummy half that is taking advantage of those plays but Reynolds made a difference today. He was good.

I'd love to see Mbye here now.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m not gonna lie, that roosters team despite missing origin players played some damn good footy. They were no pushovers

They were good. They still have real good players all over the park. We put in as well. We aren't fading out of games too often this season.

With our limited attack we can’t afford to play dumb,unfortunately that wasn’t the case today,time and again we gifted the ball back to the opposition preventing us from scoring,Sure we copped a bad call when Ferguson dropped the ball on his line,but overall we played pretty dumb for a majority of the game.

macnaz

Staff member
Oh well close game considering we only picked a side to attack for 40mins.. YET AGAIN !!!

simmo1

First Grade
Typical dumb plays at critical times killed us. That set before the Thompson no try was horrible. Needed to give it to Brooks instead of dicking around looking for a penalty that was never going to come.

Lolohea is not a fullback, and ET can never play hooker again. If we get Mbye midseason, I'd go:

1. Mbye
6. Lolohea
7. Brooks
9. Reynolds
14. Benji

I don’t know what to make of Lolohea,last season he looked promising,this season although he has been hindered by a knee injury,looks unfit,uninterested and rarely gets involved,as a professional footballer his time in the NRL may be limited if he doesn’t start to offer more with his performances considering Moses Mybe is coming to our club.

Rorters held us down all day and got away with it...I couldn’t imagine Bennet,Hasler,Stuart,Bellamy etc. putting up with the sh*t that the refs dish up to the WT if they coached us,it seems every 50/50 call goes against us when it suits because we are not a club that comes forward publicly and gives them an open and honest opinion of their usual sh*t performance after games.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Fair dinkum, I am nearly 60 and could out run Lolo. If he is injured put someone else there but he is a joke at the moment.

Mahe is all brawn and no brain. In that last play he should have come in closer to Lawrence to then give himself room to move....dumb play.

I agree, we need speed and some quality to go with it.

Das Hassler

Bench
The farcical Ferguson dropped ball penalty was a joke

Then not getting a penalty in the last minute, particularly the tackle whew JWH lay on us for an hour

Yep we played dumb, but so did the roosters. They didn’t deserve to win anymore then we did

I thought JWH must have been TRYING to get binned...he laid all over him TWICE as long as would normally earn a penalty .i'd love to hear a refs boss explanation of why no bin and 2 points. I can't remember seeing anything as blatant.
Anyway....i hope Mbye arrives asap.....i wished Thompson had stayed at FB would probably have been there inside of Fanua on that last play. I thought Grant busted a gut...i'd take Kev back in for Fanua untill they can get the recklessness out of him....it's just too expensive in today's game

Last edited:
The bounce of the ball went against us today and that is a game we should have won, and will probably cost us a top 8 spot at the end of the year.

Lols must go. I was calling for his return thinking it would be best overall for the team but he doesn't put in. It looks to be an attitude thing. Thommo played much better at fullback and should go straight back there unless we can get mbye straight away. Either way lols can go back to reggies.

I have to say that was our best defensive performance for many weeks. Shit we played dumb in attack. IC has done an outstanding job this year but 9 is an important position FFS.......

macnaz

Staff member
Rorters held us down all day and got away with it...I couldn’t imagine Bennet,Hasler,Stuart,Bellamy etc. putting up with the sh*t that the refs dish up to the WT if they coached us,it seems every 50/50 call goes against us when it suits because we are not a club that comes forward publicly and gives them an open and honest opinion of their usual sh*t performance after games.
It doesnt SEEM the 50 50's go against us .... THEY DO !!!

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I guess while I'm still ranting I can appreciate the enthusiasm of Reynolds and that he may pump up those around him but he has a few dumb plays in him and just doesn't look around for those with room to move.

I don't know who held up the pass but Packer should have been in under the posts!!!!

I'll take it back if it wasn't Reylonds but someone f##ked up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That was a game that we should have won. We just lack some class plus we aren't disciplined enough in attack.

Reynolds is starting to look good. Benji is looking slow and old. Fonua is a beast but he makes mistakes and he is slow. Thompson is quality but not a game breaker. Maybe a bigger winger scores that try although I'm not giving him a hard time. He is our most consistent player. Masters has been good at times but today he was real bad. Same as Chee-Kam.

Our middle forwards are pretty good though but Packer doesn't make many metres per hit-up. He doesn't really threaten at all with his runs. Matulino, Twal, Eisenhuth and Aloiai are all dangerous up the middle. We don't though have a good dummy half that is taking advantage of those plays but Reynolds made a difference today. He was good.

I'd love to see Mbye here now.
Commiserations mate but what I can't understand is how Packer only makes say 6 hit ups for 40m. He was making over 100 at the Dragons. In the NrL 40metres a starting prop doesn't cut it. Neither does only playing Matulino for 34mins. It's not good coaching.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I guess while I'm still ranting I can appreciate the enthusiasm of Reynolds and that he may pump up those around him but he has a few dumb plays in him and just doesn't look around for those with room to move.

I don't know who held up the pass but Packer should have been in under the posts!!!!

I'll take it back if it wasn't Reylonds but someone f##ked up.

I believe it was Marsters