What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I did see that too Jimmy, I know he prefers the hard physical game that suits the Aussies, relentless defence and out wide attack into the goal....he believes it's not the most skilful team that wins, it's the most ruthless and desire that wins more games.

He had a heap of success with that philosophy.

Perhaps he has a contract from a European club once the WC is over.

I am hoping we play to our potential and exceed expectations.

2 wins and one loss
1 win and 2 draws

Hopefully into stage 2.

What are your thoughts?

Considering I am very much a football dilettante, it's difficult for me to say how I feel.

Loosely following Tottenham - much to the derision of my soon-to-be former boss (he supports Arsenal) - my interest solely revolves around the EPL.

The A-League is a reserve grade competition in my opinion.

My surprise at Bert X's truncated appointment stems from the fact: a. it's only for the World Cup and b. the FFA must've outlaid a fair amount of renumeration to get him.

As for the Socceroos' expectations, I haven't the foggiest but (as with most Australians) I wish them great success.

Gareth67

First Grade
When I was very young man I had the good fortune to tour around England etc. and met many friends whilst there , mainly by working in the big hotels that doted the seaside . But to the point , one of my pommy mates got me to go to a soccer match , something which I will never forget . We stood in the grandstands on little more than steps which were only just long enough for your foot to fit on .

Once the crowd began to sway , you had no choice but to sway with it due to the very small space that your legs were resting on . Most suicidial to say the least , precarious at best . The songs from the fans was real something and the violence at the end of the game with the different fans bashing one another was just unbelievable , needless to say that was my first and last match that I attended whilst there . Soccer - they can keep it , give me the cream-puff of rugby league any day , at least you can walk away in one piece !

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
The odd premiership?
Happy?

If we accept that as our goal we will end up like Newtown and North Sydney, we will become a nothing club.

You don't always need the most money to be the best!

You need a vision, a plan, junior development and a good coaching team!

Look at Penrith right now.

What makes a great team is effort, spirit, team work, never say die culture, a hatred of losing, guts, and toughness!

Even the new Australian soccer coach who has coached filthy rich teams and poor teams says it's not the money teams that he has had the greatest success with.....it's the clubs that despised losing where he won most.

We must aim high.
Nothing less.
Penrith have won 2 premierships since 1967. Thats 2 in over 50 years. Last one 15 years ago.
Yeah we need a plan like penrith....
Pfffffffft please.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Considering I am very much a football dilettante, it's difficult for me to say how I feel.

Loosely following Tottenham - much to the derision of my soon-to-be former boss (he supports Arsenal) - my interest solely revolves around the EPL.

The A-League is a reserve grade competition in my opinion.

My surprise at Bert X's truncated appointment stems from the fact: a. it's only for the World Cup and b. the FFA must've outlaid a fair amount of renumeration to get him.

As for the Socceroos' expectations, I haven't the foggiest but (as with most Australians) I wish them great success.

I’ve following the English football since 71.
Been a long suffering Queens Park Rangers fan ( west London club ) all that time.

Follow the all the leagues / divisions over there. Read it daily on MailOnline.

I’m expecting the Socceroos to be lucky to draw a game.
Really have gone backwards over the past decade.

ouryears

Bench
I’ve following the English football since 71.
Been a long suffering Queens Park Rangers fan ( west London club ) all that time.

Follow the all the leagues / divisions over there. Read it daily on MailOnline.

I’m expecting the Socceroos to be lucky to draw a game.
Really have gone backwards over the past decade.
Awww OKB, that will be very disappointing. I am hopeful for a win, a draw and a loss.

Hey, we smashed the Czechs last night 4-0!!

Queens Park Rangers, love that name, I have followed them for 20 yrs, along with Leicester.

Now, that was a miracle title!

ouryears

Bench
Penrith have won 2 premierships since 1967. Thats 2 in over 50 years. Last one 15 years ago.
Yeah we need a plan like penrith....
Pfffffffft please.

I was referring to the Panthers plan over the past 5 yes to get to where there are today.

Not their past 40 yr plan.

Their plan has been to develop juniors, which they surely have, first grade first... and their ISP team is going like a house on fire.

You realise they had 8 first grade unavailable and they are still winning.

How do you think we would go if you took 8 out of our team?

We would lose by 40.

The Panthers have developed an amazing depth of players, stay in the salary cap, they ARE the benchmark.

So yes, their plan has obviously worked. They are about to be the new superclub, leaving the storm in their wake.

Crush

Coach
I was referring to the Panthers plan over the past 5 yes to get to where there are today.

Not their past 40 yr plan.

Their plan has been to develop juniors, which they surely have, first grade first... and their ISP team is going like a house on fire.

You realise they had 8 first grade unavailable and they are still winning.

How do you think we would go if you took 8 out of our team?

We would lose by 40.

The Panthers have developed an amazing depth of players, stay in the salary cap, they ARE the benchmark.

So yes, their plan has obviously worked. They are about to be the new superclub, leaving the storm in their wake.
Panthers are equal points with Dragons. You make out like Penrith are consistent or something?
If you want to talk about a great club and developing players use Storm as an example maybe. Penrith haven't acheived any more than Dragons just yet.

Reactions: jak

ouryears

Bench
Panthers are equal points with Dragons. You make out like Penrith are consistent or something?
If you want to talk about a great club and developing players use Storm as an example maybe. Penrith haven't acheived any more than Dragons just yet.
The point is they have 7 first graders out injured, lost Cartwright and Moylan, got Maloney yes.

But to be equal with us, then smash us, with 7 first grade players out, yes....they are streets in front of us.

If we had their injury toll, Mary would want us to wave the white flag.

And we do not have even 3 players capable of stepping up, let alone 7.

Yes, their plan has worked, they prepare 2 teams to win, they have 26 players capable of matching it, we have 16, which Mary has taught us very well with his use of our limited bench.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
The point is they have 7 first graders out injured, lost Cartwright and Moylan, got Maloney yes.

But to be equal with us, then smash us, with 7 first grade players out, yes....they are streets in front of us.

If we had their injury toll, Mary would want us to wave the white flag.

And we do not have even 3 players capable of stepping up, let alone 7.

Yes, their plan had worked, they prepare 2 teams to win, they have 26 players capable of matching it, we have 16, which Mary has taught us very well with his use of our limited bench.
This is complete sensationalism. Penrith have 26 players capable of matching it we have 16. Where do you get those numbers from? Can you list the 26 players for Penrith?
You also say stuff like look at Penrith killing it in reserve grade. Yes they are doing well, equal points with Dragons. So thats equal points in first grade and equal points on ISP yet you want me to jump up and down and say how shit we are and how great Penrith are?
Penrith look good atm, so do we.
Stop making numbers up and sensationalising your ideas as if they are fact.

Bench
One of the so called league sites mention that we after Jason Clark from the bunnies, Greg Eastwood and Korbin Sims.
Been a while without rumours involving chasing players

ouryears

Bench
This is complete sensationalism. Penrith have 26 players capable of matching it we have 16. Where do you get those numbers from? Can you list the 26 players for Penrith?
You also say stuff like look at Penrith killing it in reserve grade. Yes they are doing well, equal points with Dragons. So thats equal points in first grade and equal points on ISP yet you want me to jump up and down and say how shit we are and how great Penrith are?
Penrith look good atm, so do we.
Stop making numbers up and sensationalising your ideas as if they are fact.

Crush, you are coming across extremely devensive and envious of the Panthers set up.

A. Panthers had 17 main players like we all have.

B. They have 7 current inuries

They have replaced them all with ISP guys.

C. 17 plus 7 replacements is 24......yes?

Plus they had to replace Cartwright who suddenly moved to the Titans.

24 plus 1 is 25.

To make matters more amazing, they now have to cover their SOO players.

So they have more like 30 players they can pick from

Now....how many might we have in total?

Let's say 17, 18?

Sad.

st shaneoh

Juniors
Crush, you are coming across extremely devensive and envious of the Panthers set up.

A. Panthers had 17 main players like we all have.

B. They have 7 current inuries

They have replaced them all with ISP guys.

C. 17 plus 7 replacements is 24......yes?

Plus they had to replace Cartwright who suddenly moved to the Titans.

24 plus 1 is 25.

To make matters more amazing, they now have to cover their SOO players.

So they have more like 30 players they can pick from

Now....how many might we have in total?

Let's say 17, 18?

Sad.
Well f**k off and support the panthers if they ate so good and take Nightingale with you

Frank Facer

First Grade
One of the so called league sites mention that we after Jason Clark from the bunnies, Greg Eastwood and Korbin Sims.
Been a while without rumours involving chasing players
None of them would be on my shopping list. They are all offcuts.

TheFrog

Coach
The point is they have 7 first graders out injured
In the last match we had Edwards, Blake, Leota, Mansour, Wallace and McKendry unavailable. Leota and McKendry are benchies who probably wouldn't both be in the same 17 anyway. Tim Browne got his injury in reserve grade and didn't play first grade this year. So that's 5 players unavailable who would have played in that game had they been fit. The club does have depth but things might be different in another year or two if we pay $1m plus for our halfback.

ouryears

Bench
Well f**k off and support the panthers if they ate so good and take Nightingale with you
Listen here dipshit, this forum is to discuss football, and discussing how the Panthers have become successful through developing their juniors resulting in having more than 24 first grade standard players is something we can aspire to ourselves.

If you don't like the sharing of ideas and news on what other teams are doing that we can also implement, then go and crawl back into your hole you ignorant donkey.

As for Nighty, I am sure you are not 1% of the man he is.

Supporters like you S.U.C.K.

Gareth67

First Grade
I could live with Sims but the other 2, no way.

Must agree with you Life's Good , only Simms would be of benefit to the Dragons . Jason Clarke unfortunately has the heart but has suffered far too many head knocks , whereas Greg Eastwood is only a year younger than our man James Graham . Quite a few here have already said that playing with his brother may push him to new heights and I tend to agree with this .