What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 14
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Wests Tigers
Southern Cross Group Stadium, Woolooware (TICKETS)
Sunday 10 June 2018

Gates 11:30am / Curtain Raiser 11:45am / NRL 2pm

TL-CRO18.png

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Edrick Lee 6. Matt Moylan 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Joseph Paulo 15. James Segeyaro 16. Jack Williams 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Kurt Capewell 19. Ava Seumanufagai 20. Scott Sorensen 21. Sosaia Feki

TL-WST18.png

1. Tuimoala Lolohea 2. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 3. Esan Marsters 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Corey Thompson 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Russell Packer 9. Elijah Taylor 10. Ben Matulino 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Michael Chee Kam 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Josh Reynolds 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Tim Grant 18. Robert Rochow 19. Tyson Gamble 20. Pita Godinet 21. Kevin Naiqama

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Liam Nicholls
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Henry Perenara

Feeder team matches
SHARKS (NSWRL - Newtown) & WESTS TIGERS (NSWRL - Wests Magpies)
SAT
Wests Magpies / Tigers v BWSE / Manly @ Leichhardt, ISP 12:45pm (FOX) / Flegg 2:45pm
SUN
Eels v Sharks @ Ringrose, Flegg 11am
Newtown ISP Bye​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sharks put in their worst performance of the year Friday night, they won't do that again

God I hope we get Mbye this week, if so maybe a chance

Tiger Ted

Bench
That's the Wests Tigers supporters spirit!
I’m sure whilst ever it’s mathematically possible to make the 8 we will all b hopeful.However the writing has been on the wall since the knights game that we have some glaring weaknesses in our roster that will very likely prevent us from playing finals footy again.

Clifferd

Coach
That's the Wests Tigers supporters spirit!

Sad reality is since the manly/Knights game we just haven’t been the same

We ask why? That 1st half performance against Manly was the most complete I’ve ever seen from a WT team. Why can’t we play like that week in week out? Was it a fluke? Have teams just worked us out?

Vic Mackey

Referee

We ask why? That 1st half performance against Manly was the most complete I’ve ever seen from a WT team. Why can’t we play like that week in week out? Was it a fluke? Have teams just worked us out?

Having a genuine hooker play the first 40 sure as hell helped.

Ron's_Mate

Bench

I'm just laughing because it's the state of mind we supporters have grown so used to having over the past decade. I still feel OK that we have a good coach and are in the early days of rebuilding. Definitely need to trade and upgrade a far number of the squad. Still, I get the disappointment that we are not performing as well as we were earlier in the season. It was good while it lasted.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm just laughing because it's the state of mind we supporters have grown so used to having over the past decade. I still feel OK that we have a good coach and are in the early days of rebuilding. Definitely need to trade and upgrade a far number of the squad. Still, I get the disappointment that we are not performing as well as we were earlier in the season. It was good while it lasted.
It certainly is turning out that the 1st 6 rounds were a false dawn !

Das Hassler

Bench
And if Thompson had rolled over just two inches further the tone here would be entirely different with us jumping to 6th spot
Relax. ....halfway through so give it another month before hopping off

Tigerm

First Grade
And if Thompson had rolled over just two inches further the tone here would be entirely different with us jumping to 6th spot
Agree, it aint over till it's over.

Well we are still in contention for the eight unlike previous years when we have been trying to dodge the spoon,credit where credit is due the WT have improved and further improvements and wins will occur with astute signings.

BuffaloRules

Coach

So they would have beat a side missing 5 of their best players?

I thought the Roosters were bog average yesterday and the Tigers had more ball and close to their best 17 and still couldn’t win...

I think the writing is on the wall... they are brave in defence but just don’t have the talent to get enough points... a score of 14 or so is not going to win you games most weeks..

Can’t see that changing the rest of the year even with Mbye...

Let’s see how they go away to the Sharks this week who might have a point to prove...

Das Hassler

Bench
The chook's attack was as lost as our's but their defence was great ..as was our's. I'm not saying a narrow win over them would have papered over the problems we have to fix only that we're part way through a process. Go and have a look at your car halfway through major crash repair. ..it looks worse than when they started!....and you can be sure we are undegoing a major crash repair. Also have a look in on the Panthers and Sharks forums from earlier on in the season...penrith supporters wanting Gould and Griffin gone....how about McGregor's rebuild?...how he survived long enough to see it through to this stage is amazing..at one stage they couldnt buy a try for how long? The things you point out are all fair enough and we may miss the 8 this year but you know that Cleary & Co won't be stopping there. We started this season as spoon favourites. I think an early Mbye and an increasingly match fit Reynolds will get us on the front foot again ..definitely. ...maybe...who knows ...enjoying the ride anyway.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yes they are going better than expected at the start of the season, but I allowed myself to get excited when they smashed Manly at Brookvale for the first time in my life and started a season 5-1 for the first time in god knows...

Like I said though, I think reality is setting in now we are 7 weeks further along the path and I don’t think they are playing well of late...I’m hoping for improvement the rest of the season but not overly confident...

Next year might be differtent but they are going to need more pace out wide from somewhere...

Latest posts