What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters dilemma in 2019: Cordner, Crighton and Radley are the three best second rowers in the NRL

betcats

Referee
They have no choice not to recognise it, same as the previous year's 4 nations because they both told me 2 weeks ago on the SOO forum that Cords 'has never performed at representative level"

lol

I never said that if you are referring to me. I said he only got picked because he was made captain last year and that Sims should of been picked ahead of him.

The biggest problem the Roosters will have in 2019 is working out how to offload the dud front rowers that they have and fit in some decent ones When I say front row, that includes the hooker.

Won't win a comp with the likes of Napa, SST and JWH laying the platform and Friend at hooker. Doesn't matter who is in the back row / halves / back line.

mxlegend99

Referee
If you can't find where he has been an elite 2nd rower over 138 NRL games from 2013 then I can't help you.
Elite? :joy::joy::joy::joy: Oh god.

He is currently leading the Roosters player of the year tally on the roosters sub forum (as of end of round 10)
It's a little odd to be bragging about the worst second rower in the comp being your best player. It does explain why the other teams have a chance now though.

adamkungl

Immortal
This is ridiculously sad. You literally wrote Goulds opinion off. I never once wrote off the selectors opinions that you mentioned, I just questioned you saying Gus doesn't get an opinion. How the f**k does that equal me being a hypocrite? Reaching so hard right now kungl, If anything you are the hypocrite for bringing the expert selectors opinions like it means something while at the same time writing off the expert commentators opinion(that I brought up), all in the same comment no less.

Again, keep trying genius.

The main point of bringing up the selectors was to show that there's an expert(s) that holds the opposite opinion, that Gus isn't the final word on anything really.
Whether Gould's bias-laced opinions hold any weight in 2018 is secondary.

The rest of this is just "no you're a hypocrite" in too many words. ZZzzzzz

betcats

Referee
The main point of bringing up the selectors was to show that there's an expert(s) that holds the opposite opinion, that Gus isn't the final word on anything really.
Whether Gould's bias-laced opinions hold any weight in 2018 is secondary.

The rest of this is just "no you're a hypocrite" in too many words. ZZzzzzz

Lol this is you realising you f**ked up and have nothing to counter with. You are still being a hypocrite as well. I never claimed Gus was the final word on anything, I said he is one of the best RL minds alive, feel free to dispute that if you like.

betcats

Referee

It's a little odd to be bragging about the worst second rower in the comp being your best player. It does explain why the other teams have a chance now though.

The same little crew used to defend the selections of Fergo and Pearcey to the hilt. All fergo ever did in 7 games on the wing was usher the qld winger into score untouched, he never scored for NSW. Pearce, well enough said really.

mxlegend99

Referee
The same little crew used to defend the selections of Fergo and Pearcey to the hilt. All fergo ever did in 7 games on the wing was usher the qld winger into score untouched, he never scored for NSW. Pearce, well enough said really.
Atleast Pearce is likeable now that he's playing for a respectable club and not in the NSW side.

Valheru

Coach

Yes, elite.

I'm not bragging, just pointing out a fact.

Valheru

Coach

Fergo?? I don't recall many saying they would have him picked this year. Personally I would have went Cotric instead of Turbo though

RE: Pearce, you will never convince me that he isn't the biggest scapegoat in the history of SOO. That's not to say I believe he should have been picked every time however although he was generally the in form NSW eligible half back at origin time.

betcats

Referee
Fergo?? I don't recall many saying they would have him picked this year. Personally I would have went Cotric instead of Turbo though

RE: Pearce, you will never convince me that he isn't the biggest scapegoat in the history of SOO. That's not to say I believe he should have been picked every time however although he was generally the in form NSW eligible half back at origin time.

The guy had a four on one overlap and tried to grubber for himself and knocked on, it was so blatant it’s a gif on these forums now. Easily the worst peace of halfback play I’ve seen in origin. Well that and Pearce overcalling Hokko the next year and not taking the field goal.

Pearce suffers from a bit of scapegoatism but he was given 18 chances to turn in a good performance and the best he could do is a solid performance in an easy win for nsw last year. The truth is he never should of been picked 18 times, he was never good enough for that level.

mxlegend99

Referee
The guy had a four on one overlap and tried to grubber for himself and knocked on, it was so blatant it’s a gif on these forums now. Easily the worst peace of halfback play I’ve seen in origin. Well that and Pearce overcalling Hokko the next year and not taking the field goal.

Pearce suffers from a bit of scapegoatism but he was given 18 chances to turn in a good performance and the best he could do is a solid performance in an easy win for nsw last year. The truth is he never should of been picked 18 times, he was never good enough for that level.
You dont need to defend that view.

Everyone knows Pearce is the biggest failure in Origin history. How is he a scapegoat when he has gotten more undeserved chances than any other player in history?

He's literally the only player not to have been held accountable for results.

betcats

Referee
You dont need to defend that view.

Everyone knows Pearce is the biggest failure in Origin history. How is he a scapegoat when he has gotten more undeserved chances than any other player in history?

He's literally the only player not to have been held accountable for results.

He does get blamed a lot for all of nsw struggles the last decade or so, he has played a big part in those struggles but it’s not all his fault. IMO the nswrl is still a bunch of dinosaurs looking after themselves which had held us back massively with the club rivalries in nsw, old boys club and all that. Ray dib just oversaw the complete f**king ruin that is Canterbury right now and somehow ends up on the nswrl board. You can’t tell me that’s an organisation striving for success. Daley should’ve been punted in 15 when we conceded 50 points in a decider, but the old boys wouldn’t do it and that leads to a disgraceful series loss last year(with Daley still picking from the same 25 players he had been for years besides teddy). Add up all those piss poor decisions from the top down in nsw you can see why we ended up losing so much, well that and three future immortals.

Latest posts