What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
I

I didn’t bring up the stat to prove anything. I posted it as an interesting stat that despite taking a lot of his hit ups out of our own end, usually one out against a compressed line he still had more post contact metres than any other forward on the field.

You MX and dogs and eels sitting around circle jerking each other about how bad he was is just laughable...

The saying “do not confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” seems applicable
If it was so laughable why are you trying so hard to convince people to change their minds? It makes it look like you're not actually laughing.

You bring up post contact metres. Well heres every players minutes played and average post contact metres

Average PCM in order:
Peachey 4.6 - 7 mins game time
JDB 4.3 - 46 min game time
Trbojevic 4.1 - 59 min game time
Klemmer 4 - 28 min game time
RCG 3.4 - 47 min game time
Frizzell 3.33 - 63 min game time
Vaughan 3.1 - 26 min game time
Crichton 2.75 - 50 min game time
Cordner 2.5 - 80 mins game time

Now looking at all that the thing that stands out most is this... Klemmer got f**ked hard. Why did he only get 28 minutes? Using his averages. Give him 50% more minutes and he's likely the best forward on ground by a mile:

42 mins
199.5m gained
72 post contact metres

Those are projected from his actual numbers. Obviously they would fluctuate a bit if he got that extra game time. But unless he was injured I cant see why he was held back. He's our most effective forward.

Edit
Missed Vaughan. Whoops.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Devils advocate time.
NSW looked very good last night. And yet I can't help not getting swept up in it all. We've been here before...

Game 1 last year was a demolition job... and yet we collapsed in spectacular fashion.
Game 2 2015 we did a number on them, and were playing at peak confidence. We came out and got 50 put on us in game 3.
Game 1 2013 another comfortable win with a host of fresh faces... and again, they failed to back it up.

And so forth.

With the QLD GOATs all put out to pasture, I hope it's the end of the dominance but I'll believe it when I see it.
This, this, this and a bit more of this.
We bombed a couple of tries last night and luckily Maloney's two missed goals didn't hurt us but qld will come to sydney with their usual siege mentality.
Let's not forget they won a decider there in 2013, game one in 2015, game one in 2016 and game 2 last year after an epic nsw choke.
Compare that to just TWO blues wins in qld in games that actually count in 13 f**king years.
Blues will need to click more in attack to be any chance of winning game 2 imo. A good start and nothing more.

OldPanther

Coach
If it was so laughable why are you trying so hard to convince people to change their minds? It makes it look like you're not actually laughing.

You bring up post contact metres. Well heres every players minutes played and average post contact metres

Average PCM in order:
Peachey 4.6 - 7 mins game time
JDB 4.3 - 46 min game time
Trbojevic 4.1 -
Klemmer 4
RCG 3.4 - 47 min game time
Frizzell 3.33 - 63 min game time
Crichton 2.75
Cordner 2.5

Now looking at all that the thing that stands out most is this... Klemmer got f**ked hard. Why did he only get 28 minutes? Using his averages. Give him 50% more minutes and he's likely the best forward on ground by a mile:

42 mins
199.5m gained
72 post contact metres

Those are projected from his actual numbers. Obviously they would fluctuate a bit if he got that extra game time. But unless he was injured I cant see why he was held back. He's our most effective forward.

Freddy has said he is biased towards Cordner so good or bad he will get picked and get the game time when the interchange is organised.

mxlegend99

Referee
Freddy has said he is biased towards Cordner so good or bad he will get picked and get the game time when the interchange is organised.
They won. He cant really drop anyone after a win.

Least of all the rookies or a captain. Honestly I dont even dislike Cordner that much. It's just fun stirring Roosters fans seeing how much it bothers them.

Im not a fan of his obviously. But I dont hate him (or Pearce) either. The only fun in being dominated for over a decade is how many stats you can find to call players shit.

OldPanther

Coach
They won. He cant really drop anyone after a win.

Least of all the rookies or a captain. Honestly I dont even dislike Cordner that much. It's just fun stirring Roosters fans seeing how much it bothers them.

Im not a fan of his obviously. But I dont hate him (or Pearce) either. The only fun in being dominated for over a decade is how many stats you can find to call players shit.

I don't think he should be dropped.

Valheru

Coach
Boyd Cordner:

0 line breaks
0 line break assists
0 tackle breaks

You got to be a special kind of shit to pull something like that of especially since there was 23 tackle breaks from the guys outside him.

I didn't think your metldown would be this good.

Not one NSW forward (besides cook) had a LB or LBA. It is a bit odd you mentioned those stats.

Cords is a captain and hero for us all.

I didn't think your metldown would be this good.

Not one NSW forward (besides cook) had a LB or LBA. It is a bit odd you mentioned those stats.

Cords is a captain and hero for us all.
And I didn't think you Roosters fan would be harping on about his metres or post contact metres being more then any other forward when he plays the full 80 minutes! Klemmer in less then half the time wasn't far off what Cordner did.

You said he stifled the left edge players. Clearly you are full of shit bit keep changing those goal posts!
That's what he did! He hogged the ball and did nothing, he passed for a total of 3 times the entire game, had 21 runs for what? Not one break made, unbelievable!

Just because the players outside him played well doesn't mean the guy inside them isn't hindering them. If corder just stopped getting in the way the players on the outside would have been even better then they were last night.

Valheru

Coach
That's what he did! He hogged the ball and did nothing, he passed for a total of 3 times the entire game, had 21 runs for what? Not one break made, unbelievable!

Just because the players outside him played well doesn't mean the guy inside them isn't hindering them. If corder just stopped getting in the way the players on the outside would have been even better then they were last night.

:joy:

Epic meltdown