What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2018

Curns13

Juniors
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as it is the same as yours.

Very good game from Cook last night, like almost every other blue jersey but origin is a long series and we've seen Queensland rebound from a game one loss as recently as 12 months ago.

That said, I'm not sure Qld can put out a better side. Ponga or Munster to FB, with Morgan either to the bench or 6 and Scott for any prop in Maroon and that's almost it. Maybe Oates somewhere too. The talent of the past decade isn't there anymore and they're now back with the pack a lot like the Australian cricket team post Warne, McGrath, etc.
Gillett and Scott will help in the forwards and Slater will be in 1. Ponga or Morgan on the bench. It’ll be a better team, but not sure its enough.

callmack1

Staff member
We dont have anything to blow up over. Picked the wrong team, had nothing in the forwards and lost to the better team.
Exactly, and I'm not blowing up about that forward pass either, NSW took a well deserved win and they were the better team.

I just get the feeling that this series is going to go to a decider as Queensland should pick a much better side, have less disruption and will want to prove themselves. In saying that, NSW are going to win this series.

Pommy

Coach
Should Billy Slater be left out for game 2? In my opinion this series is done and dusted I just don’t see QLD having enough looking at the squads.
So my question is should QLD be planning for next year and getting someone else getting the experience in these big games?

Latest posts