What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2018

Inu had a run like that for a while from memory, GFs with the Eels, Warriors and Dogs

Lazarus won 3 with different clubs, big Galuvao played in GFs with 3 clubs as well

Inu lose all 3 of those? I know Eels and Warriors for sure.
I wouldn't think he was as quite an influence as Maloney in steering a team around the park.
Lazarus is another majorly underrated in the leadership department.

A dream career really. For Canberra, an unused bench player in the '87 GF, won in '89 & '90, lost in '91. His former Raiders coach poached him to Brisbane where he won in '92 & '93.

Finished his career with that memorable 'cartwheel' after winning the '99 GF with Melbourne.

In contrast, his political career looks messy. Much better than, 'nah, I'm buggered' Mal's though!

Should of joined One Nation. :)

Gus was having an issue with first half possession and everything going qld way. Man he watch Panthers v Warriors??? :)

Love how they keep selling it as each game as the greatest origin ever.
Lockyer throws in a most entertaining origin ever.

Cherry-Evans very emotional scoring that try.

Qld finishing the strongest.

DCE will probably keep the jersey he was pretty good.
Attacking structure looked like Warriors at time, no shape, just flat line and run arounds.

His try was something we have been missing at Warriors when guys make a break, having players supporting each other.

Blair

Coach
Well it's over for another year. That means the focus is back on club footy and, importantly, the run to the finals.

Slater Man of Series???
He didn't play the first game!
Joke.
Maloney other than the sin bin was pretty solid, Tedesco, Tommy.

Blair

Coach
Shield Should have been presented down at NSW when they work the series in front of their fans.

I thought the same but, yeah, then the 'product' would be spent. Gotta keep the consumers keen till the end!

All in all, honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed the series and watched all three games. So did the mrs.

JJ

Immortal
SOO is great but the shield being presented in a dead game is a disgrace and the Slater decision is amateur hour, just no need for that stupidity everyone knows how great he is

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Haha that's hilarious, is the same as his Churchill Medal where he wasn't even close to best on park. Adam Blair was that day, and everyone in the crowd laughed when it was announced, or Lockyer in the World Cup final 2008

Good game, NSW had no right to be within 20 after the first half with 28% possession and 5-1 penalty count against.

Sims play was one of the most hilarious things I have seen on a footy field, what the hell was he thinking !!

Haha that's hilarious, is the same as his Churchill Medal where he wasn't even close to best on park. Adam Blair was that day, and everyone in the crowd laughed when it was announced, or Lockyer in the World Cup final 2008

Good game, NSW had no right to be within 20 after the first half with 28% possession and 5-1 penalty count against.

Sims play was one of the most hilarious things I have seen on a footy field, what the hell was he thinking !!
Sims had Rugby Union aspirations by the look of it.

The 3 judges for man of series where Australian selectors Meninger, Lockyer and Daley.
2 QLDers to 1 NSW.
Should be a point system after each game, most points wins or of draw decide on merit not status.

JJ

Immortal
Sims had Rugby Union aspirations by the look of it.

The 3 judges for man of series where Australian selectors Meninger, Lockyer and Daley.
2 QLDers to 1 NSW.
Should be a point system after each game, most points wins or of draw decide on merit not status.
So Meninga and Lockyer just voted for Slater, Thurston probably got points too. Daley would've been voting for Aaron Woods and Josh Jackson.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Think I read somewhere that Daley and Lockyer came up with Slater, and Daley has come out telling people not to question his integrity lol

JJ

Immortal
Not popular to say it, but happy for DCE that he played well
Still I's imagine it's Morgan's jumper next year - don't see the fuss on Munster TBH, but the experts self sauce endlessly about him

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I was in a way hoping for DCE to stink it up so he wouldn't get picked again next year lol, but he played bloody well. Amazing how fickle things are isn't it, bagged incessantly by Qlders for years, but look at the reaction of those same people in the background when he scored that try

Morgan, I'm not so sure, he had a purple patch of 8 weeks last season, but this season he was atrocious, will be a big first couple of months for him next season to see how he runs things out of Thurstons shadow, but they certainly weren't getting a million dollar player this season

JJ

Immortal
I was in a way hoping for DCE to stink it up so he wouldn't get picked again next year lol, but he played bloody well. Amazing how fickle things are isn't it, bagged incessantly by Qlders for years, but look at the reaction of those same people in the background when he scored that try

Morgan, I'm not so sure, he had a purple patch of 8 weeks last season, but this season he was atrocious, will be a big first couple of months for him next season to see how he runs things out of Thurstons shadow, but they certainly weren't getting a million dollar player this season
No but to me Thurston has stunk it up more, and Morgan also won them the GF

I wonder if he and DCE can play together, I suspect they can with DCE play as 2nd receiver 5/8? Munster can do the 14 IMO

Latest posts