What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 Fri - Titans 16-18 Rabbitohs @ Cbus Super

Round 14: Titans v Rabbitohs

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxon

Bench
As an unbiased observer, that was one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen.
No way was Gold Coast's discipline four times as bad as Souths. The refs looked like they were actively trying to penalise the Titans.
Absolutely pathetic by the refs.

I'm certainly not a Titan's fan, but I would happily contribute 50 bucks to Brennan's fine if he tees off in the interview.

beave

Coach
Our next month: 16th, 13th, bye, 15th. Boy oh boy, we got a lot of wins against top teams and now we get to cash in against the cellar dwellers. If we don't piss the bed we will have top 4 all but sealed after that.

giphy.gif

Tommy Smith

Referee
not sure why we bother tbh

whenever we try we get screwed.

if you don't want us in the comp then just kick us out already. f**kwits.
You guys do seem to cop a hot dicking quite often.

I still remember well that finals game vs Brisbane at Suncorp a couple of years ago.

One of the few games where the reffing was so bad in one sides favour that I wouldn't rule out corruption.

You guys do seem to cop a hot dicking quite often.

I still remember well that finals game vs Brisbane at Suncorp.

One of the few games where the reffing was so bad in one sides favour that I wouldn't rule out corruption.

Same man, haha I'll never forget that game.

BranVan3000

Coach
They weren't given a chance to.
They were camped down Souths end for half of the second half and only cracked the try line through pure grit of Ryan James. They should have done much better, Souths were dropping balls every set

pantherz9103

First Grade
Nah, Souths were terrible. Without the leg ups from the refs they would have been cooked.

Maybe but it's always the losers blaming the referees rather than acknowledging their own shortcomings..
Titans still had their opportunities but didn't take enough of them.

BranVan3000

Coach
Overall poor performance, but. Timely reminder that any team in this comp can make you look foolish if you underestimate them

Life's Good

Coach
The refs didn’t help the Titans cause but Souths playing like sh*t certainly did. As I remarked in the thread Ash Taylor just isn’t delivering when they need him to. The Titans had good field position all through the game but time & again the Titans just couldnt capitalise & that falls on Taylor.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
The refs didn’t help the Titans cause but Souths playing like sh*t certainly did. As I remarked in the thread Ash Taylor just isn’t delivering when they need him to. The Titans had good field position all through the game but time & again the Titans just couldnt capitalise & that falls on Taylor.
He's not really taking that next step as one would hope.

He's never had a quality team around him which doesn't help, but still Taylor doesn't show much on field leadership to me.

No doubting his talent but I'm still a little weary as to how good he'll be.

People still talk up his best asset as being his kicking game which isn't a good sign imo. You wanna become a gun running half that takes on the line, not the next Luke Walsh or not to sound too harsh on him, Jamie Soward.

BranVan3000

Coach
Let’s not pretend Titans weren’t grubby as hell, literally couldn’t stop raking the ball in defence

Play like grubs, cop penalties. Seems about right

Latest posts