What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Spot On

Coach
Geez you blokes can spin some shit.

Matt Scott was available for game 1. Brushed.

They went with Wallace and Napa. They were frigging disgraceful.

Walters already shitting himself about the field day Cook had around the ruck and beginning to make reference to Glasby to tighten the middle.

Someone will be punted from the bench to fit Slater, Scott and Glasby.

Or they can stay loyal to the blokes they went with in game 1. So...... will they?

Can't have both ways. Can't preach it and then go against your mantra. Unless you're full of shit and been peddlng propaganda to build something that the QLD Origin set up is not

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
What about this one...... say if QLD get a good ol' fashion touch up in game 2........ will they make a few changes? Bring Ponga in?? And who will get punted?? Or will they show loyalty to the blokes who have worn the jumper?

some11

Referee
You're about a year late with those rants, QLD changed their team up after their Game I loss last year.

They won the series as a result.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hingano didnt play a lot of minutes but he gave up a try with his positioning and lost the ball twice at crucial moments (one was stripped out but hey hold the ball dummy)

Hingano didnt play a lot of minutes but he gave up a try with his positioning and lost the ball twice at crucial moments (one was stripped out but hey hold the ball dummy)
I'd pin the loss on your hooker

Misses fg,7 tackle set results in a try

Sure 14 had Watmough hands for the last 5 minutes but that never happens if the field goal is kicked or even just roll the ball into the in goal for a repeat set, worst case 4 tackles and 95 meters for penrith to make

Worst drop goal attempt of all time

AJB1102

First Grade
Geez you blokes can spin some shit.

Matt Scott was available for game 1. Brushed.

They went with Wallace and Napa. They were frigging disgraceful.

Walters already shitting himself about the field day Cook had around the ruck and beginning to make reference to Glasby to tighten the middle.

Someone will be punted from the bench to fit Slater, Scott and Glasby.

Or they can stay loyal to the blokes they went with in game 1. So...... will they?

Can't have both ways. Can't preach it and then go against your mantra. Unless you're full of shit and been peddlng propaganda to build something that the QLD Origin set up is not
What about this one...... say if QLD get a good ol' fashion touch up in game 2........ will they make a few changes? Bring Ponga in?? And who will get punted?? Or will they show loyalty to the blokes who have worn the jumper?

I think losing 12 of the past 13 series has taken its toll on this poor bugger.

Its a new era now, QLD can do what they please. Loyalty is given to those who show they deserve it like JT, Smith, Cronk, GI, Slater etc. If you no longer meet up to expectations its time to move one. NSW tried the loyalty thing but forgot the crucial part in that the players have to be worthy of a recall. Laurie and his crew stayed loyal to losers. Its great to have a lot of new blood injected into origin.

AJB1102

First Grade

A few weeks back when Hingano come on at 5/8th Rick said after the match it was tough on Ata because he'd only ever trained at dummy half. Now he throws the poor prick on the wing...

Rick had one problem to sort for 2018 and that was the loss of Josh Hodgson. He had about 4 months between Josh's injury and round 1. Brought Havilli and another bloke I can't remember. Instead of just replacing the injured played he went and f**ked with almost the entire spine (except fullback where I think he has better options but thats another story). Sezer and Austin taking turns to come off the bench in a mid-game reshuffle of the spine just to interchange a hooker was lunacy and showed he's just chucking merkins out there in hope. If there was anything achieved in the off season he'd have his halves nailed down barring injury. The man is clueless and it shows.

Spot On

Coach
I think losing 12 of the past 13 series has taken its toll on this poor bugger.

Its a new era now, QLD can do what they please. Loyalty is given to those who show they deserve it like JT, Smith, Cronk, GI, Slater etc. If you no longer meet up to expectations its time to move one. NSW tried the loyalty thing but forgot the crucial part in that the players have to be worthy of a recall. Laurie and his crew stayed loyal to losers. Its great to have a lot of new blood injected into origin.

Definitely not. QLD have spruiked loyalty is what has made them successful. Loyalty is the cornerstone of their organisation. They have continually argued that NSW could not build a team capable of success as they kept chopping and changing their players. That they don't show any loyalty.

Now you argue the exact opposite to the mantra they have built over 10 years and believe the NSW way of selection policy and high player turnover is the way to go???

FFS. You blokes are full of shit.

Are you saying Matt Scott and Darius Boyd didn't deserve the good ol QLD loyalty after what they have done for QLD? That's only reserved for Billy, Cooper, Jonothan and Cam? The loyalty now only extends to some QLDers not all?

Fickle bunch underneath aren't you. Publicly spew propaganda but make up a new line to quickly defend your contradictory actions.

You can't have it both ways and continue to fly the 'loyalty' banner.

Will QLD stay loyal to the blokes that played in game 1?

AJB1102

First Grade
Definitely not. QLD have spruiked loyalty is what has made them successful. Loyalty is the cornerstone of their organisation. They have continually argued that NSW could not build a team capable of success as they kept chopping and changing their players. That they don't show any loyalty.

Now you argue the exact opposite to the mantra they have built over 10 years and believe the NSW way of selection policy and high player turnover is the way to go???

FFS. You blokes are full of shit.

Are you saying Matt Scott and Darius Boyd didn't deserve the good ol QLD loyalty after what they have done for QLD? That's only reserved for Billy, Cooper, Jonothan and Cam? The loyalty now only extends to some QLDers not all?

Fickle bunch underneath aren't you. Publicly spew propaganda but make up a new line to quickly defend your contradictory actions.

You can't have it both ways and continue to fly the 'loyalty' banner.

Will QLD stay loyal to the blokes that played in game 1?

Definitely so.

NSW listened too much to what QLD had to say. They pretty much talked them into sticking solid with the pack of losers they'd picked.

Don't sell it short, spud. It wasn't built over 10 years, it was at least 13 with an anomaly in the year NSW managed to fluke one.

I'm saying QLD will pick whose best for the job. The fact most those blokes are walk up starts in any side makes loyalty easy. Essentially its "why change what works?" - Now a lot of what worked has moved on - after many, many, many successful campaigns. Time to usher in the next generation and if their performance demands loyalty I'm sure they'll be shown it.

Another Bloser too worried about what QLD said. Worry more about the NSW origin team and less about what QLD have to say. I know its good to listen to those who're better but you gotta be your own man/men/team too. Poor merkins.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Mate, what planet have you been on for last 10 years?

The QLD loyalty rhetoric came about through poking shit at the NSW selectors for chopping and changing while they had a settled team.

Sticking solid?????

Wipe the crap dribbling off your chin.

Lambretta

First Grade
Pfft...have a look at Addo Carr’s try

Flat pass out the hands. Yes it floated forward marginally. You see hundreds of those every week. Hell, I have seen Queensland win Origin game after Origin game throwing those.

Yes I whinged about those not being spotted too.

Feels nice when one finally goes our way. We're well behind in the ledger

mozza91

Coach
Yeah the Queensland loyalty schtick is a crock. Anyone whose winning will pick the same team.

It’s also pretty easy to keep picking the same players if they’re some of the best players of all time.

I bet you tell your missus yours is 150 centimeters. I will buy you a tape measure. You might be surprised....
Who measures their cock in centimeters? Dick is always imperial you dumb merkin

Thurston thought Merritt deserved another shot

So whose worse at origin? Merritt or Cohen Hess? They should stick with Hess

Spot On

Coach
They shafted Matt Scott and Darius for game 1 this year.

Matt Scott could have done more damage than Wallace and Napa combined - all on one leg.

But..... hey..... sprout the loyalty card ...... only when it suits.

Matt Scott could have done more damage than Wallace and Napa combined - all on one leg.

To be fair I wouldn't pick Darius for manly as we have better

beave

Coach

Bullshit.

Matt Scott would get carved up by Cook like he did in the club game. I love Matt Scott like the next NQ fan but he’s so far behind where he needs to be for origin, the QLD selectors would have been f**king crazy to pick him.

And no matter the selectors did, you blue idiots would rag on them. Drop Wallace or Napa for Scott and you’d trot out the ‘no loyalty to the player that won it in 2017’ rhetoric....

Meth

Staff member
A few weeks back when Hingano come on at 5/8th Rick said after the match it was tough on Ata because he'd only ever trained at dummy half. Now he throws the poor prick on the wing....

Hingano has spent more time in the halves than at hooker.

Latest posts