What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Knights v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Close to our best collective defensive performance of the year IMO. I think we win that if Pearce plays, we just lacked a real halfback when we were attacking their line.

Hard to get too annoyed at Herman over that last play when he was carrying our middle forwards for the rest of the game.

Connor was outstanding.
It's not something anyone would hold against Herman at all. Props aren't really paid to think. It was certainly dumb, though... he even had an opportunity to give it to Kalyn. That moment isn't where the game was won and lost.

Spot On

Coach
Close to our best collective defensive performance of the year IMO. I think we win that if Pearce plays, we just lacked a real halfback when we were attacking their line.

Hard to get too annoyed at Herman over that last play when he was carrying our middle forwards for the rest of the game.

Connor was outstanding.

I really think Watson is starting to work it out re attack. I can see no reason why he couldn't incorporate Keary's attacking strengths into his game if Brown structured us that way when we have the ball.

Noname36

First Grade
Would love to know what has changed to get them to play this way???

I think getting smashed at home on Beanie for Brain Cancer round with Hughes and his family there stung them a lot from what I’ve heard. They were obviously up against it against the Sharks (literally men against boys) but they weren’t even trying to beat them...

At least they responded to it positively.

Noname36

First Grade
I love Griffin and I think he’s really solid but our attack always seems to look flat and uncreative until Levi comes on. Just not sure we can keep carrying them both with the side already being too small.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just a question on Ponga’s involvement in attack. He has seemed to get the ball less since pearce has been gone, can’t really see on tv but maybe those of you who go to the games, is he trying to do more organising out the back of the play the ball? I know we can’t use him always but there seems times when we don’t use him at all when we get good attacking position.

Spot On

Coach
I love Griffin and I think he’s really solid but our attack always seems to look flat and uncreative until Levi comes on. Just not sure we can keep carrying them both with the side already being too small.

I can't see Brown changing atm though.

His pass does seem as slow as ever though. Shame. Wonder why he can't fix that up a little. No other hooker in the comp has that delay to their delivery.

Levi comes on and everything speeds up around the ruck. Opposition ruck 'd' is really put under pressure by him.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Just a question on Ponga’s involvement in attack. He has seemed to get the ball less since pearce has been gone, can’t really see on tv but maybe those of you who go to the games, is he trying to do more organising out the back of the play the ball? I know we can’t use him always but there seems times when we don’t use him at all when we get good attacking position.
He's generally calling for the ball most plays, they just kept passing to Cogger on the other side of the field instead.

Frederick

Staff member
The thing I noticed about Griffin tonight is he runs the ball really well. When Levi came on and Griffin went to his middle forward role, everytime he got the ball and ran he managed to get his body through the line and find his front for a quick play the ball.

Frederick

Staff member
When Lamb was at 7 and Watson was coming back from injury Ponga got the ball more than anyone. Now Lamb is gone, Cogger takes control more and Watson's growing into his role game by game which means Kalyan doesn't have to get to first receiver as often

Bartwah

Juniors
Was at the game tonight, and was incredibly proud of the boys. Only gripe i have, is whenever we get a penalty, our halves take at least 30 seconds to decide what they want to do. Pearce would be screaming at players to get them where he wants them.

slotmachine

First Grade
Watching eels cows, absolutely useless both of them.

It's nice last week wantst just the shitty eels and we might have turned the corner

Noname36

First Grade
The thing I noticed about Griffin tonight is he runs the ball really well. When Levi came on and Griffin went to his middle forward role, everytime he got the ball and ran he managed to get his body through the line and find his front for a quick play the ball.

This is the one reason I’m happy to carry 2 hookers...because Griffin can be used as an effective forward as well so it’s not like we’re losing a bench spot.

I’m happy Brown didn’t let Levi walk. We’ve invested a lot in him and he adds a lot when he comes on.

Noname36

First Grade
Was at the game tonight, and was incredibly proud of the boys. Only gripe i have, is whenever we get a penalty, our halves take at least 30 seconds to decide what they want to do. Pearce would be screaming at players to get them where he wants them.

Yeah I’ve noticed this. They don’t have a leader like they did with Pearce so they all stand around chatting about what they should do while the opposition gets to re-set.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Sione played his best game since his first ever game in the back row tonight

Thought he was our best player on the field

mozza91

Coach
Sione played his best game since his first ever game in the back row tonight

Thought he was our best player on the field
He looks far more assured defending 3 in. His attack has been quite good over last 6 weeks or so. After tonight I think we need to get him a bit more early ball. Once he winds up he’s hard to stop.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I can handle losing a game like that, we were heavily outgunned by a top side and we stuck with them for 80 minutes and almost pulled off a miracle win. Our attitude in defence was outstanding!

The two major things that have hurt us just about all season came back to bite us again. Our forward pack just isn’t big enough and we were steamrolled most of the night, also the lack of an experienced half is killing us. I wish all the best for Cogger and I really hope he makes it in the NRL but he really just isn’t a threat to the opposition defence at all, he’s slow and predictable and his kicking just isn’t up to scratch.

Sione was tough as nails tonight, his D was good and he beat about 4 defenders to score that try, also his run late in the game to set Ponga up was fantastic.

I know that Sione is more of a stop gap at centre but he’s been pretty good over the last 5-6 weeks, especially close to the line where his powerful running and ability to hit a gap puts him in a position to score tries and break the line. Some people on this forum act like he’s our biggest problem but he’s far from that.

Burns

First Grade
It feels good to be annoyed/angry at that loss, because you know we could have won it. Much better than embarrassment.

Gee I hate the Roosters. Knocked us out twice at the Preliminary Finals, and JWH ended Danny Buderus's career. I can't wait for the day when we utterly destroy them.

Zoidberg

First Grade
ANyone else notice in the commentary it was mentioned Sione is close to re-signing with us, and confirmed by Danny Buderus.

Latest posts