What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

Barkley

Bench
Probably the worst ads are the shameless cross promoting by sport commentators. Ray Warren waffling on about The Block or Ricky Ponting talking up The Bachelor during the Big Bash.

soc123_au

Staff member
If we are giving radio a run, then the Wildman crane ones rate a mention. Seriously who comes up with that shit. I guess it works, I have mates in the industry, but now every time I see a crane I think of that add.

King Ben

Juniors
Watching the Storm / Broncos replay on the 9Now app and every ad is the Asian dude telling his gay friend about Industry Superfunds. The worst.

Lambretta

First Grade
Compare the Market aren't meerkats, they are bloody leaches. If you wonder why your insurance costs so much, it's because of middlemen like these guys. They don't charge you directly but they charge massive commissions to the insurers, who then pass the cost onto you. Also, their ads suck.

You are correct that it is a con but for the wrong reasons. Compare the market is a company owned by the insurance companies they are comparing

Look at the parent company of all the insurance companies whose products they spriuk and you will find they are all owned by the same company except one random small insurer who no one would buy from to get round the law intended to prevent exactly this happening

There are three or four major insurers in Australia. QBE, Suncorp and another own most of the market. AAMI, You-i etc are mere brands of the bigger insurers.

Allianz is a stand alone company.

Lambretta

First Grade
Those "I will always love you" ads are f**king annoying
I know its for a betting company but I can't be f**ked remembering which one. They're all merkins

I like the Ford chick. I could watch her all day. But then being an Easts fan, pretentious little bitches must be my thing

Those "I will always love you" ads are f**king annoying
I know its for a betting company but I can't be f**ked remembering which one. They're all merkins

I like the Ford chick. I could watch her all day. But then being an Easts fan, pretentious little bitches must be my thing

With you on the Ford ads.

Any midnight closing down rug sale with a raspy voiced quick talking pensioner grinds my gears.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Any ad which is screened twice during a single ad break. Oversaturation advertising a product makes me more reluctant to purchase that product.

A funny one from Harvey Norman a few years ago. Advertising their Easter sale which ends on Easter Monday.....

.....on the following Tuesday night.

juro

Bench
Watching the Storm / Broncos replay on the 9Now app and every ad is the Asian dude telling his gay friend about Industry Superfunds. The worst.
That's another one that fires me up. Who pays for these bloody ads? The members. And what does it get them??

Latest posts