What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
Neil Henry and ian Chappell should have a call off to see who the most boring merkin on earth is.

Would be quite the battle that nobody would tune into.

Chappell is ok if you don't mind retro tales that usually start off...

"back in 1972 when I was captain...."

and usually finish

".....was hellava player"

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ok ... so heres the plan for the rest of the season ...

emjaycee catches a plane the day before the game and tells us all about it
You be in another country
Anyone got anything else? ... not that im supersticious or anything
Im in Denmark now. Does that count?

eel01s

Bench
I though Mahoney was excellent on debut. Was surprised how long Arthur gave him.

I thought we were in for a long night when Gutho missed his first kick. We can't afford to miss easy kicks like that. Anyone else think he is out of form?

How many times can Mennings bomb a try?

We were bad but gee the Cowboys were atrocious. For every dumb thing we did it seemed they did too. We tried our best to lose the game in the last 15 minutes.

I liked what I saw from Nuikore. He has the right build for a edge runner.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I though Mahoney was excellent on debut. Was surprised how long Arthur gave him.
If he's playing well why not leave him out there? The fact we had a decent lead probably helped.
I thought we were in for a long night when Gutho missed his first kick. We can't afford to miss easy kicks like that. Anyone else think he is out of form?
Definitely
How many times can Mennings bomb a try?
The one he did score, I wonder if he would have without Feldt flinging him into the in-goal.
We were bad but gee the Cowboys were atrocious. For every dumb thing we did it seemed they did too. We tried our best to lose the game in the last 15 minutes.
They were pretty bad, but we also forced a lot of errors with our strong defence. And don't forget it was in Darwin which is more humid than Sydney or even Townsville this time of year. The Cowboys missed a lot more tackles than we did. We actually beat them in the middle. I guess their forwards are too small.
I liked what I saw from Nuikore. He has the right build for a edge runner.
That was his first game on the edge because he played entirely in the middle in his first three games (unless he played some sneaky edge minutes I didn't see). He went better in defence than I expected.

Latest posts