What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ v Poms in US

DC_fan

Coach
For the players sake I hope it cools down a little come game day. This weekend they are expecting record high temperatures of 36 degrees celsius plus. Along with an extreme fire danger.

Pommy

Coach
Confirmed Fox will broadcast the game here, I know it’s unliekly but is there any chance or precident for it being on the NRL app?

DC_fan

Coach
For the players sake I hope it cools down a little come game day. This weekend they are expecting record high temperatures of 36 degrees celsius plus. Along with an extreme fire danger.

Kickoff time in Denver is approximately 2pm. Right in the heat of the day. Should be played at night.

Pommy

Coach
England Squad for the Test Match against New Zealand (Professional and Community club shown):
John Bateman (Wigan Warriors, Bradford Dudley Hill)

George Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)

Sam Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)

Thomas Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)

Jake Connor (Hull FC, Siddal)

James Graham (St George Illawarra Dragons, Blackbrook)

Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos, Oulton Raiders)

Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves, New Springs Lions)

Jonny Lomax (St Helens, Orrell St James)

Tommy Makinson (St Helens, Wigan St Judes)

Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants, Deighton Juniors)

Sean O’Loughlin (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks)

Mark Percival (St Helens, Halton Farnworth Hornets)

Stefan Ratchford (Warrington Wolves, Wigan St Patricks)

James Roby (St Helens, Blackbrook)

Luke Thompson (Bold Miners, St Helens)

Gareth Widdop (St George Illawarra Dragons, Kings Cross)

George Williams (Wigan Warriors, St Patricks)

Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders, West Bowling)

DlEHARD

Juniors
Good side that...can't wait to see the kiwi team..

Here they come...
11.1.gif

franklin2323

Immortal
So for all the whinging ALL fit NRL based players are named... Gee some people complain for the sake of it. No chance anyone was going to not play

adamkungl

Immortal
So for all the whinging ALL fit NRL based players are named... Gee some people complain for the sake of it. No chance anyone was going to not play

Haven't seen the Kiwi team yet champ...

The Poms were always going to play because they see the value in international footy and would tell their clubs to blow it out their arseholes before giving up an England spot.

Can you say the same for the Kiwis?

Scott

Bench

As a Kiwi, i'm dreading the next few days. The naming of the team and then all the withdrawls. It's going to happen & it will be amateur the way it's all done & handled.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Yes, the complaining has been mainly by the media as they have taken a negative slant on this game.

People like Paul Kent for instance.

Pommy

Coach

The Poms were always going to play because they see the value in international footy and would tell their clubs to blow it out their arseholes before giving up an England spot.

The burgi, Widdop and Graham all know their clubs have too much to lose trying to upset them in a season the teams are in great form.

adamkungl

Immortal
The burgi, Widdop and Graham all know their clubs have too much to lose trying to upset them in a season the teams are in great form.

I can't imagine any of them tolerating being pressured by their clubs. I reckon they'd ask for a release before giving up their test jerseys.

Wish I could say the same for the Kiwis but the WC collapse, the Tonga defections and the cocaine scandal all show where their priorities lie.

franklin2323

Immortal

Every player wants to play in top games. Whare said yesterday he was playing and never been told not too. Warrior guys have said the same. Players know they have too much power.

The kiwi top 20 walk into any side in ESL or NRL. They know this their manager knows this. They also don't have Origin so need this game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Mannering has retired from rep footy at the respectable age of 31.
Russell Packer has too.. at 28. Almost certainly would have been picked in the Kiwi side for 2-3 years to come.

roughyedspud

Coach
I won't be surprised if the NZRL tell Madge to only pick one kiwi per NRL side and then pack out the squad with SL kiwis or kids

Springs09

Juniors
So we now have Matulino, Mannering and Packer all decide to retire now, just a few weeks out from the Denver Test. Wonder why they didn't do it after the World Cup...